• This topic has 23,120 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 1 hour ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 20,321 through 20,360 (of 23,121 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • thols2

thols2

maccruiskeen

frankconway

Ah, the odious orange one.
    Lying, duplicitous, verminous tnuc.
    I hope that whatever putin has on trump is released – in a very controlled way to maximise the damage to his ‘reputation’ and show him he’s been played by vlad; the humiliation and public embarrassment would be great!

thols2

grahamt1980

Tucker is really projecting at the moment. All those semi naked men must be forcing into so much shame fueled self abuse

dissonance

All those semi naked men must be forcing into so much shame fueled self abuse

I am unsure whether that is parody or not since, after all, he does fetishise Putin who used to have a habit of appearing semi naked.

Houns

Yesterday’s news but Trump in contempt of court

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61221860

MoreCashThanDash

You’d like to think that this is the start of the Trump house of cards tumbling down, but he’s like a cockroach.

Caher

Anyone see the Piers Morgan interview with the giant Jaffa Cake?

fasthaggis

You couldn’t pay me enough money in the world to ever watch one of those ( insert here,your most putrid description of a human),let alone two of them in an edited,faked out,miss mash of chimpanzee.

dissonance

I might watch them so long as they were playing russian roulette with a single shot grenade launcher.

thols2

thols2

thols2

kelvin

How can that “Kid’s Guide” be real? How do you begin to satirise that?!?

somafunk

Anyone else watching the Capitol Hill riot hearing?, it’s **** nuts how batshit crazy those idiots are.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-61753864

MoreCashThanDash

Been reading the reports – not sure it will convince any of the nutters, or result I any new charges, I’m hoping for a big finale.

kimbers

Agree

Trump is guilty as hell, but nothing will be done and his supporters won’t care

dyna-ti

As above. Trump could have been handing out guns and an instruction leaflet and nothing will happen to him. Above the law

MoreCashThanDash

Just catching up via BBC link but today’s hearings on the Capitol riot sound fascinating regarding the threat to Pence

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-61819616

Sandwich

As above. Trump could have been handing out guns and an instruction leaflet and nothing will happen to him. Above the law

Alternatively, ducks are being aligned, i’s dotted and t’s crossed prior to getting his day in court set up.

MoreCashThanDash

Meanwhile, in other tales of lies and incompetence, this looks interesting with so many witnesses confirming it, and the ones who should deny it pleading the 5th – the headline has been toned down in the last few minutes I see.

BBC News – Capitol riot hearing: Zero evidence of voter fraud, lawyers told Trump
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61918350

thols2

WTF? Are there actually people who find this sort of nonsense persuasive?

inkster
    Free Member

If you think that picture is funny you should take a look at the Fox News website political cartoons.

They are so completely lacking in visual wit that they are augmented with oodles of text explaining why the cartoon is ‘funny’.

Reminds me of how Thatchers advisors tried to explain the dead parrot sketch to her in order that she use it in a conference speech but no matter how hard they tried, she just didn’t get it.

For people who can’t see irony, nuance or humour, that image of Trump appears as an apparition of sanctified truth in a world of images that confuse and bemuse them.

martinhutch

As above. Trump could have been handing out guns and an instruction leaflet and nothing will happen to him

We’re pretty much at the stage of testing that theory.

(On being told that people were attempting to carry weapons into his Jan 6 rally prior to the insurrection)

Ooof. Imagine a sitting president knowing that an armed mob was heading for his VP and not giving a shit.

Northwind

Ah, “mags” = megnetometers- metal detectors.

MoreCashThanDash

Ooof. Imagine a sitting president knowing that an armed mob was heading for his VP and not giving a shit.

Yes, the evidence around the threat to Pence that I linked further up was very interesting, seems pretty clear that he was abandoned when he refused to go along with Trump’s attempted coup.

kimbers

MAGAnetometers? Surely

In any sane world this would be the end of him

It won’t tho

shermer75
    Free Member

WTF? Are there actually people who find this sort of nonsense persuasive?

Is the one on the right Hilary Clinton?!?!

martinhutch

Now testimony that he physically attacked a Secret Service agent when he refused to drive him to the Capitol…

GrahamS

Not directly Trump, but here is 58yo Tennessee congressman John Rose in a lovely picture with his three surprisingly young children:

Oh.. actually my mistake.. the older child is actually his wife Chelsea Doss. They met when she was 15 in high school where John Rose gave her a scholarship and “mentored” her. 😲

This is the party that claim the LGBTQ+ community are after your kids, while simultaneously trying to bring in laws to remove age restrictions on marriage.

dissonance

Imagine a sitting president knowing that an armed mob was heading for his VP and not giving a shit.

Unusually this is one case where I can sort of agree with Trump given it was Pence.

I suspect quite a few presidents wouldnt have been overly fussed. The VP position is often a compromise/bribe to another faction rather than personal preference.

kimbers

Cassidy Hutchinson is quite brave tbh, I imagine the Qanon/Fox News/ / Alex Jones mob will be out to absolutely destroy her now!

Superficial
    Free Member

I suspect quite a few presidents wouldnt have been overly fussed. The VP position is often a compromise/bribe to another faction rather than personal preference.

I don’t think that means you can be indifferent to their hanging, though.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Since 2016 we’ve become quite numb to the outbursts and tantrums from 45, it still comes as a shock that Trump was so arrogant as to try to take the wheel of the presidential limo and assault his own security detail, not to mention his attempt to nobble witnesses.

There are many Nixon parallels – not the least of which is the number of ex-Nixon acolytes who served in Trump’s administration, but I can’t help but wonder if Trump will be pardoned or exiled.

MoreCashThanDash

The problem is there’s a vocal minority who will still think Trump was robbed and the mob should have stormed the Capitol and lynched people, they just don’t see any of it as wrong

MSP

Since 2016 we’ve become quite numb to the outbursts and tantrums from 45, it still comes as a shock that Trump was so arrogant as to try to take the wheel of the presidential limo and assault his own security detail, not to mention his attempt to nobble witnesses.

I don’t get this, was Trump riding shotgun in the Limo, seems a strange scenario. Obviously I expect him to throw a tantrum and try to verbally force the driver to do what he is told rather than what he should, but I can’t help think that some “figurative” storytelling is being taken out of context somewhere along the line. And we have to be careful that the bulshit from allsides isn’t examined otherwise that is where the cracks will appear that allow Trump to get away with it.

PJM1974
    Free Member

It’ll be a long and slow process before people accept that they were duped and used – lets not forget where this started – Bannon, Mercer, et al trying to push the idea amongst the disaffected that Trump will be “hurting” the very people who these “deplorables” believed were responsible for their own unfulfilled life ambitions. Libtards, “The Left”, BLM, Antifa, the Deep State etc were all convenient scapegoats for the fallout from forty years of Reaganomics.

Sanctioning Trump is only part of the answer. There are a number of very, very unpleasant people who’ve fomented the insurrection and who have poured a lot of money into the GOP. The donors, benefactors and fixers are the villains who really need to be forced to share Trump’s public shame in all this.

We might enjoy the schadenfreude from seeing people like Mike Lindell raging that no-one wants to buy his stuff anymore, but for every disgraced CEO there’s a Peter Theil who believes that Capitalism and Democracy are incompatible and who’ll do their utmost to ensure that the deck is stacked in their favour.

MoreCashThanDash

Sanctioning Trump is only part of the answer. There are a number of very, very unpleasant people who’ve fomented the insurrection and who have poured a lot of money into the GOP. The donors, benefactors and fixers are the villains who really need to be forced to share Trump’s public shame in all this.

Good point – and all other nations need to follow and be aware to try and prevent their own puppeteers pulling strings

Viewing 40 posts - 20,321 through 20,360 (of 23,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.