Viewing 40 posts - 20,201 through 20,240 (of 23,082 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • maccruiskeen

I wonder what his next grift is going to be?

He’s asked if any one can loan him a Mint Sauce keyring 🙂

El-bent
    Free Member

Trump will not be able to run IMO because of his legal difficulties. He is mired so deep – its 50/50 IMO that he will be in jail by then but he will certainly be so deep inl egal trouble he will not / cannot run

Quite possibly, but its not Trump himself that is the worry, its a potential trump style politician without the “nonsense” running for the presidency that you should be worried about.

To quote the new york times:

Going forward, we can expect bogus claims of voter fraud, and equally bogus challenges to legitimate vote counts, to become a permanent feature of Republican political strategy. Every election Republicans lose will be contested with lies, every Democratic win delegitimized. This is poison in a democracy.

As of late September, 19 states had enacted 33 laws that will make it harder for their citizens to vote. The Republican National Committee’s “election integrity director” says the party will file lawsuits earlier and more aggressively than it did in 2020. Trump wannabe candidates like Glenn Youngkin, running for Virginia governor, are currying favor with the Republican base by promoting conspiracy theories suggesting that Virginia’s election may be rigged.

More alarmingly, Republicans in swing states are purging election officials, allowing pro-Trump partisans to sabotage vote counts. In January, an Arizona lawmaker introduced a bill that would permit Republican legislators to overrule the certification of elections that don’t go their way. In Georgia, the legislature has given partisan election boards the power to “slow down or block” election certifications.

When the Democrats won the last presidential election it was a return to the status quo, The dems haven’t changed to meet the new threat posed by the trump party, and are currently looking incapable of rising to challenge this new assault on US democracy.

tjagain

The democrats need to stop playing nicely

pack the supreme court – appoint half a dozen judges to it. Pack it with young liberal leaning folk

End the filibuster

Get the anti voter suppression law in place

Republicans have not played by the rules for decades. Its time the democrats played them at their own game

Pigface
    Free Member

The Republicans started seeding the Supreme Court in the early 80’s, they have control for at least the next 10 – 15 years.

tjagain

There is no constitutional reason for it to be nine judges. Just appoint 6 more young liberals to it.

oldnpastit

There is no constitutional reason for it to be nine judges. Just appoint 6 more young liberals to it.

But where does that lead to?

Klunk
    Free Member
    MoreCashThanDash

Blimey indeed. I want it to be true.

matt_outandabout

I want it to be true.

Even if it was, there seems to be a huge swathe of ‘mericans who would not believe it. I suspect they would use it as evidence to fight back even harder against the “lies at the highest level”…

inkster
    Free Member

We all know it’s true, we’re just hopimg that they all get locked up.

Sure, the traitriots and insurrectionist bastards will see them as martyrs but the sanity boat sailed a long time ago.

With the adage ‘justice must be seen to be done’ in mind, some heads have to roll, though the obese turtle will probably wind his neck back into his shell as those around him pay the price.

FB-ATB

those around him pay the price.

Straight out of the Henry II playbook.

thols2

Satire so brilliant you can’t tell if it’s real or not?

uggski

What’s really worrying is that there is a fairly large number of his supporters already flying Trump 2024 flags and other pro Trump banners. So they clearly have not given up on him.

I’m not talking about poor uneducated people either. These are flying on million dollar boats and really expensive monster trucks.

So all I’m saying is don’t think he has gone yet. He and his ilk are here for a while yet. IANATS!

martinhutch

Well, colour me surprised.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/01/trump-tested-positive-covid-before-biden-debate-chief-staff-mark-meadows-book

Arrived late for the debate so he wouldn’t have to be tested. He knew, and I wouldn’t put it past him or some of his staffers to consider it an opportunity to deliberately infect Biden.

Poopscoop

^^ There is just no redeeming quality is there? Not one.

I too wonder if they thought infecting Biden would be a nine little bonus too.

Absolute turd of a man, Trump.

Apparently to be interviewed/sucked up to on GB News by Farage soon…

Superficial
    Free Member

What an ass.

I remember thinking at the time that the timing of his hospitalisation didn’t fit with when he announced he was ill, so it absolutely makes sense that he had it earlier than he let on. The man knows no shame.

martinhutch

Also met a load of bereaved military families while he had it, then blamed them for giving it to him despite this earlier positive test. He’s an absolute gent, isn’t he?

CountZero

Agent Orange has just posted a tweet that doesn’t say what he thinks it says; he’s either saying he’s dumb and stupid, or he’s admitting that his claims the election was stolen from him are actually a lie. Or both.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-accidentally-posts-statement-blasting-his-own-stupid-election-lies

martinhutch

Agent Orange has just posted a tweet

Had me worried there.

Ah, that’s better.

CountZero

Yeah, sorry, I get so used to things being posted on Twitter that when I see ‘posted a statement’ I automatically think it’s a tweet! I’d forgotten he’d been banned. Still hasn’t stopped him putting out garbage, I just wish it was the sort taken away in a municipal vehicle.

thols2

spekkie
    Free Member

We’re in the States at the moment and there’s been a fair bit of Fox News on the TV. To someone who’s not used to it, the channel is bordering on unbelievable. The way the presenters talk – emphasising every other word in a sentence…. “Pres Biden has FAILED to deal with the PROBLEMS at the SOUTHERN border where THOUSANDS of illegal aliens are entering the country UNVACCINATED” etc. The channel content is almost exclusively dedicated to slagging off the current President and the various “Dem Run” cities around the country that are seeing “huge rises in crime” etc etc.

I saw an advert the other day during a break on Fox that said “we’re a shop dedicated to helping Patriots get a good deal and make the most of what’s left of their money after the Dems have taken their taxes….”

On the other hand, looking at some of proposals the Dems are putting forward, you can see why “hard working ‘mericans” are upset by them.

Klunk
    Free Member

Alex Jones has completely lost it with the Orange Shit Gibbon, aired na impromptu Christmas show just because Trump was pro vaccine and has admitted having the booster at a recent “rally”.

BoardinBob

Alex Jones has completely lost it with the Orange Shit Gibbon

Or more realistically he’s discovered another angle to fleece his gullible followers for money

Poopscoop

Some real mental gymnastics going on here from a right wing anti vaxer that interviewed Trump.😂

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/12/27/candace-owens-trump-vaccines-nr-vpx.cnn

maccruiskeen

Trump has never been anti-vax – if anything he was pro-vaccine before there even was one – much of his rationale he gave for downplaying covid in the early stages of the pandemic was that he presumed  that a vaccine would just come along and everything would be fine. He was Commander in Chief of ‘Operation Warp Speed’ that funded accelerated vaccine development. Even though they didn’t draw on that support he was genuinely irked that he wasn’t given direct credit by Pfizer for them being first to bring a vaccine to market.

Theres incredible hipocracy going on right in front of Right Wing Americans over vaccines and the scales just won’t fall from their eyes – Trump got vaccinated as soon as he could (he  just stayed quiet about it), Fox News pedals anti-vax, anti mask rhetoric whilst Murdoch is vaccinated, his other news outlets (such as the Sun) accrtively promote vaccination programs and while Fox itself has extremely strict protocols for its staff  over vaccination and testing – the presenters and pundits on their shows that are ‘just asking questions’ won’t have got into the building without complying with those protocols.

The problem now for Donald is events are overtaking him – Trump isn’t Trumpy-enough for Trumpists

oldnpastit

NY AG has filed charges about fraudulent valuations of his property – inflating valuations to get loans, deflating for tax purposes:

https://www.msnbc.com/11th-hour/watch/ny-ag-takes-action-against-trump-family-131167813522

MoreCashThanDash

And the Capitol Riot enquiry goes after Rudy and friends

BBC News – US Capitol riot committee issues subpoena to Rudy Giuliani
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60048604

thols2

thols2

Spectacular own goal from the Trump team, even if nobody gets prosecuted it’s going to be a huge and costly distraction. The lower-level people caught up in it will probably testify in order to avoid racking up huge legal bills so the whole scheme will become public.

Klunk
    Free Member

To paraphrase….
    Hannity: Biden has trouble getting program though, banging his head against the wall and expecting different results…..
    Trump: So we would have had the wall completed in three weeks!

zippykona

Presidents are still presidents even when they aren’t.

maccruiskeen

Strictly speaking yes I think – ex presidents retain the title ‘President’ (same as a retired doctor, captain or whatever) although that’s not how you’d address them apparently.

budgierider67

We truly are living in an alternate reality.

Yes a soup-based one!

thenorthwind

🤣
    Gulag? Does she not mean goulash?

martinhutch

Tomayto, Tomahto.

Does this mean she is anti-Phở?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

This use of alt facts skinks, a buillion dollar industry based on turtle fabrications. It’s a chowder keg

Viewing 40 posts - 20,201 through 20,240 (of 23,082 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.