• This topic has 19,653 replies, 700 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by thols2.
Viewing 14 posts - 19,641 through 19,654 (of 19,654 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

lets see how sleepy joe is doing on the trump joans scale of presidential sucess ooh thats gotta hurt…

Premier Icon Murray

Trump, Guliani, Proud Boys and Oath Keepers are being sued under the 1871 Klu Klux Klan Act
    link

The lawsuit accuses Trump and his allies of violating the Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871, which prohibits violence that disrupts Congress’ ability to carry out its constitutional duties.

Premier Icon thols2
    Free Member

WTF?

Premier Icon thols2
    Free Member

Premier Icon dantsw13
    Free Member

And so it begins….. 👍

Premier Icon funkrodent

And continues. Supreme Court have just refused to block New York’s subpoena for 8 years of tax and financial records from Mazars and Deutsche Bank.

The reckoning is about to begin..

Premier Icon piemonster

The Georgiareloaded thing reminded me to post this.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/feb/22/people-with-extremist-views-less-able-to-do-complex-mental-tasks-research-suggests

I think the URL explains the content

Premier Icon willard

That film. Wow. I mean, how do they get away with it?

Premier Icon GrahamS

I can just imagine Pirate Dan vigorously frotting as he wrote that script in a cocaine frenzy 😂

Kinda sad that they need to appeal to voters on the GI Joe / Iron Man level.

Does it remind anyone else of the Brooklyn 99 recruitment video?

Premier Icon MSP
    Free Member

That film. Wow. I mean, how do they get away with it?

The framing of the anti facism movement as terrorist perfectly displays the control the far right hold on the media, and exactly the kind of society that Murdoch and chums want to create. That and the framing of compassion as an elitist sentiment (but don’t worry the billionaires are our friends if we just cut their taxes again we will all be better off).

Premier Icon GrahamS

The framing of the anti facism movement as terrorist..

Plus the framing of the right-wing as militaristic heroes, ready to ignore those pesky liberal laws, hush up those political enemies, and do what it takes to save ‘murica. (i.e. fascism)

Premier Icon PJM1974
    Free Member

The framing of the anti facism movement as terrorist perfectly displays the control the far right hold on the media, and exactly the kind of society that Murdoch and chums want to create. That and the framing of compassion as an elitist sentiment (but don’t worry the billionaires are our friends if we just cut their taxes again we will all be better off).

That’ll be the post-Steve Bannon media landscape. Bannon has been able to turn our liberal sentiments against us, framing us as an out of touch “elite” who are responsible for the many grievances of the working class. You only need to read the recent posts from our own pet troll to see how that sort of batshittery goes down with people who aren’t equipped to think critically.

I can only refer you back to the James Delingpole video. People who can’t differentiate between a polemicist with a degree in English Language and an expert in international trade love the notion that someone they admire is sticking it to people they’ve been told not to like and make up a significant proportion of voters. Keep them energised with hate and they’ll turn out to vote en masse for the very politicians who despise them. Populism was ever thus.

Premier Icon inkster
    Free Member

That film needs a faulty parachute.

Premier Icon thols2
    Free Member

To quote Charlie Sykes:

The theme of this year’s CPAC is “America Uncancelled.”

But, by the end of business yesterday, CPAC had literally cancelled Young Pharaoh.

Viewing 14 posts - 19,641 through 19,654 (of 19,654 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.