Viewing 40 posts - 17,161 through 17,200 (of 23,120 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • maccruiskeen

Very specifically stating the number times he’s told his joke about testing. If he’s told you once he’s told you one hundredth of a time!

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1281206354334625793

Jamze

So is this all linked to the NYT investigation, that claimed his family had been undervaluing their assets for years to avoid tax? Also linked to his niece’s claims that as a result her grandfather’s estate was undervalued?

frankconway

Jamze – ‘Multiple Democrat-led House committees issued subpoenas to the president’s financial institutions in mid-2019 as part of a probe into allegations from Trump’s former personal attorney Michael Cohen that the president inflated his wealth on tax returns in order to secure large loans.

Cohen, who turned over years of financial statements to the committees, also said Trump undervalued his assets to reduce his real estate taxes — prompting Congress to issue subpoenas of his financial records dating back to 2009.

Vance’s office last September also subpoenaed Trump’s longtime accounting company Mazars USA for eight years of his financial records and tax returns as part of an investigation into whether he paid hush money before the 2016 election to several women with whom he allegedly had affairs.

The payments would be a potential violation of campaign finance laws’.

frankconway

Another great ad from the Lincoln Project

Jamze

I’m sure he will have a measured, thoughtful response to this…

frankconway

He already has – when it was first announced.
    Today he described NYC as a ‘hellhole’ – because the Supreme Court ruled in favour of Cyrus Vance.

MoreCashThanDash

Not that surprising, but politically risky

BBC News – Roger Stone: Trump commutes ex-adviser’s sentence
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53371756

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I really like my Ksyrium Elite UST wheels so this is worrying.
    Have Mavic stopped supplying UK distributors since the fears over their future?

funkmasterp

Another great ad from the Lincoln Project

That repeated whispering is one of the most annoying things I’ve ever heard.

martinhutch

Not that surprising, but politically risky

Thinking ahead to keeping himself out of prison when/if he gets kicked out in November.

eskay

Jolly Green Giant
    I really like my Ksyrium Elite UST wheels so this is worrying.
    Have Mavic stopped supplying UK distributors since the fears over their future?

Posted 9 minutes ago

Does Trump’s treachery know no bounds?

frankconway

V disappointing about Stone but well trailed by trump so…not surprising.
    I don’t think it’s politically risky for trump in that it’s what his supporters wanted and it’s what everyone on both sides expected.
    After this, Stone will be all over the US media like a rash spouting his hoax theories. Would be best if he was denied the oxygen of publicity he lives for.

maccruiskeen

MSP

That should just make the democrats job easier, as long as they campaign to change the law on presidential/governor pardons. “One law for everyone” etc is easy campaigning and they can easily and demonstratively paint the Republicans in a bad light.

They probably won’t though, they also want that power when they are in office.

MoreCashThanDash

Not sure it’s completely unprecedented from the BBC article, but the Democrats should making the most of it

frankconway
    maccruiskeen

In interesting who’s-who of Trump Towers residents 🙂

Poopscoop

^^ It’s honestly like reading an account of an alternative reality.

tomhoward

Stupid Obama, not having a time machine. Stupid journalists, not wanting to report things that didn’t, and couldn’t, happen…

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

See they are gunning for Fauci now, as he’s obviously been saying things that the orange one doesn’t like (i.e. like truthful facts and figures about the pandemic)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53392817

Standard “leaked” memo.

GrahamS

So Trump pulls out the WHO, attacks the CDC, is gunning for the top infectious disease expert on his own Coronavirus Task Force, and retweets conspiracies from a former game show host instead.

FFS. I hate this timeline.

white101

I’m starting to wonder how much time the human race actually has left?

GrahamS

#Thanos2020

martinhutch

#Thanos2020

Inevitable, I suppose. 🙂

But will help with social distancing.

onehundredthidiot

Remove all other narratives and yours becomes the truth.

Jamze

An example of how low Trump’s team go. Tweeting a pic of Biden about the time he lost his wife, with a son who died too.

grum
    Free Member

I wonder if you take away all of the playing golf, watching fox and friends, tweeting bile/lies, how much time he actually spends doing his job?

Jamze

Mary Trump’s book arrived on my Kindle this morning. Will be an interesting read later.

Jamze

Many, but by no means all of us, have been shielded until now from the worst effects of his pathologies by a stable economy and a lack of serious crises. But the out-of-control COVID-19 pandemic, the possibility of an economic depression, deepening social divides along political lines thanks to Donald’s penchant for division, and devastating uncertainty about our country’s future have created a perfect storm of catastrophes that no one is less equipped than my uncle to manage. Doing so would require courage, strength of character, deference to experts, and the confidence to take responsibility and to course correct after admitting mistakes. His ability to control unfavorable situations by lying, spinning, and obfuscating has diminished to the point of impotence in the midst of the tragedies we are currently facing.

Trump, Mary L.. Too Much and Never Enough (pp. 13-14). Simon & Schuster UK. Kindle Edition.

flange
    Free Member

I am struggling to see how that Steve Guest twitter post could be misunderstood as anything else other than vicious appalling behaviour. When he typed that out, did he really think ‘yeah, this will go down well’…

maccruiskeen

I wonder if you take away all of the playing golf, watching fox and friends, tweeting bile/lies, how much time he actually spends doing his job?

As a useful indication maybe…. when he commuted Stone’s sentence and with all the  talk of his use of (and threats to use) presidential pardons for his cronies I looked up previous presidents use of Pardons

It seems like the typical tally per presidency is about 400 – 500 Presidential Pardons and Communted Sentences. The two Bushes were both a bit mean with them, Obama issued over a thousand. Some of those numbers are big because you might for instance get a blanket pardon of Vietnam Draft Resisters but theres lots of pardoning of historic convictions and so on – stuff where times have changed – a bit like the UK Government’s posthumous pardon of Turing for instance.

Anyway….Trump….. 25

Meanwhile although he’s famous for the amounts of sackings he announces the number of people he’s fired is pretty negligible next to the quality of posts he’s failed to even fill

It would be interesting to see what other metrics there are to compare

Its partly that he’s lazy and easily distracted but the Stephen Colbert interview with John Bolton was quite revealing  in that it seems the team around him take the roles believing that Trump is inexperienced but that with their help the Whitehouse can deliver the broad Trump agenda – but Trump actively resists and rejects their help and advice. Probably because he’s so out of his depth even with their support he doesn’t actually know what he’s supposed to do or how to do it

RustyNissanPrairie

I was watching a light hearted Equinox documentary on Britains building of a nuclear bomb. Someone had joked at the time of sending Hitler multiple pieces of Uranium / Plutonium till there was enough on his desk that it went critical.

I’m sure it would work with Trump. Spray them gold and get DHL’ing it over.

somafunk

I’m watching the “urgent presidential press conference” called in the rose garden, it’s not urgent as he’s uttering incomplete sentences whilst congratulating himself as president – just when you think he cannot go any more batshit crazy he ramps it up yet again.

grum
    Free Member

I know what the world needs in these troubled times: rambling incoherent boasting and yet more lies. Thanks Donald.

akira

He also wants to stop hospitals giving covid figures to the CDC as he heard that doctors are lying about the figures and the CDC are lying about the figures. I think they’re supposed to give the figures to Trump so he can decide what the actual numbers are and tell the public.

Jamze

akira

The problem is if you put a potato with a wig on the lecturn, the people who support him would claim it was him and still agree with what he said. Actually the potatoe idea might not be a bad shout thinking about it.

somafunk

I’m still watching it but I’m unsure why?, guess I’m waiting on a White House aid to creep up behind trump and knock him out then apologise to the press for allowing trump out of his cage.

I thought there were laws against using a whitehouse press conference for electioneering publicity?

tthew

Actually the potatoe idea might not be a bad shout thinking about it.

Dan Quail?

Viewing 40 posts - 17,161 through 17,200 (of 23,120 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.