Viewing 40 posts - 17,121 through 17,160 (of 17,457 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • inkster

nickc,

Thanks for the link to Thomas Morton. Really interesting. I was thinking what a good film his story would make, then realised I was playing images of Terrence Malick’s ‘New World’ in my heed as I was reading the link.

Probably the beat exposition of the American origin myth that I can think of and the storyline echoes the experience or Thomas Morton. A great film, though not one for those with a short attention span!

Premier Icon mehr

The GOP have to be seeing the writing on the wall by now

pk13

Any one got 30bucks for a new teeshirt.
    I know a certain uniform was popular in the 30s/40s. What way is the birds head supposed to face?
    America First Tee

Premier Icon tthew
    Subscriber

Any one got 30bucks for a new teeshirt.

I just put 3 in a basket, plus a couple of flags and hats because apparently it buggers up their stock levels for a couple of days until the basket is deemed abandoned and stock returned to the shop. Don’t know how true it is, but no harm in trying.

fingerbang

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/jul/03/vivica-a-fox-black-lives-matter-is-going-to-be-trumps-demise

She laughs when I remind her that she admitted feeling like “the help”. “That was because of the Trump children,” she says. “That’s the way they were raised. One time, Ivanka said to me and the other black women there: ‘You speak very well.’ We were like: ‘What?’ I don’t believe she meant it to be insulting. Bless her heart. But looking back, especially in the climate we’re in now, you’d be like: ‘C’mon girl. We went to school, too.’”

The high opinion she had of Trump at the start of making Celebrity Apprentice quickly plummeted. “He was obsessed with becoming president and I believe it was because a black man had done it. And Obama had done it so well that, throughout his presidency, Trump was always on him. To this day, he can’t keep his name off his tongue. It’s an awful obsession. I love the way Obama handles it, such grace under fire.”

‘America told us to get over it’: black Vietnam veterans hail Spike Lee film that finally tells their story
    Read more
    Fox has watched the rise of the Black Lives Matter movement and the protests over the death of George Floyd with boundless admiration, and believes it spells the end for Trump. “It’s gonna be his demise,” she says. “That and the way he’s handled this pandemic. He had no business getting into politics. It was just a notch on his belt. He didn’t know what it meant to hold that position. So

Premier Icon Jamze
    Subscriber

Well, Trump looks to have gone back to using Neil Young at the end of rallies, assume in response to the Stones’ threats of legal action.

Ah…

https://neilyoungarchives.com/news/2/article?id=Viewpoint-An-Open-Letter-To-Donald-J-Trump

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

Thanks for the link to Thomas Morton. Really interesting

It is, isn’t it? It’s a bit of history I know next to nothing about, and the whole thing is just fascinating.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but its a 5 minute read that has completely changed my view of the long-term effects of the Trump presidency. Its probably not what you think:

What are Trump’s POSITIVE achievements in the eyes of his opponents?

Premier Icon CountZero
    Subscriber

Well, Trump looks to have gone back to using Neil Young at the end of rallies, assume in response to the Stones’ threats of legal action.

Ah…

Can’t see what he’s written, the site doesn’t want to load, but I have read comments elsewhere, and Angry Tinkerbell’s congregation have said they paid for the rights to use Neil’s music, which makes it alright.
    I don’t think it does, I believe the rights holder has veto on anyone wanting to use music that the rights holder doesn’t approve of.
    Not that that makes any difference to Angry Tinkerbell, because he sees himself as God’s representative on Earth, and can do anything he damn well pleases!

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

codybrennan
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, but its a 5 minute read that has completely changed my view of the long-term effects of the Trump presidency. Its probably not what you think:

What are Trump’s POSITIVE achievements in the eyes of his opponents?

Fascinating and healing take on Trump. Got me thinking that a lot of what she says can also be applied to the UK and Brexit.

Premier Icon BillMC
    Subscriber

Mexico has closed its border with the USA. Hilarious.

Premier Icon eskay
    Subscriber

😁

inkster

Codybrennan,

I noticed the first point made in that article is that has Trump has ‘smoked out’ those who share his views but have previously concealed those views behind a veneer of decency. Trump is the symptom not the cause, to suggest that things were ticking along fine before Trump aŕived is an illusion.

Voices advocating for BLM, gender rights and all round common decency have a louder voice precisely because of the likes of Trump and Boris. What were witnessing is the slipping of the mask rather than the draining of the swamp.

Those advocating that we should all come together are perhaps denying the fact that things have to get worse before they get better.Did we really expect either Hilary Clinton or Jeremy Corbyn to fix the systemic problems we are now beginning to face up to? They might have contained the situation better but the underlying problems would have remained unchecked.

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Mexico has closed its border with the USA. Hilarious.

Bet they wished they had paid for that wall now.

Premier Icon dannyh
    Subscriber

Bet they wished they had paid for that wall now.

No sweat. Ask the GOC to pay for it.

I noticed the first point made in that article is that has Trump has ‘smoked out’ those who share his views but have previously concealed those views behind a veneer of decency. 

Yes, Trump (and Cummings and Johnson) have legitimised being an arsehole and acting like an arsehole.

Premier Icon kelvin
    Subscriber

Rewriting history you say…? Make way…

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

He’s not wrong. History records that Rutherford was the first person to ‘knowingly’ split the atom in an experiment at Manchester University in 1918. But several years earlier Clarence Futterbuck of Blarksville Wyoming accidentally and unwittingly split an atom with a hammer and cold chisel whilst installing a Superstar BB.

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

^^ lol 😆

Premier Icon AD
    Subscriber

Go Donald!

Now pulling out of WHO… https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53327906

Although since process takes 12 months, he’ll hopefully be trying to avoid a prison cell as ex-POTUS by next July.

Or we’ll have left with the US as part of a Brexit deal 🙂

Premier Icon CountZero
    Subscriber

This makes sobering, and rather terrifying reading; basically The Donald has been priming his congregation to expect him to lose the election, and it will be due to cheating by the Democrats and their far-Left Marxist supporters, so he’s more or less fomenting open civil war in the US.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/trump-lose-2020-election-supporters-maga-presidency-a9606081.html

And yet so unsurprising at the same time.

Personally, I can’t believe he hasn’t attempted to get his face dynamited into Rushmore.

Premier Icon tjagain
    Subscriber

I am surprised he has not gone on a twitter storm about US being on the no fly list to Europe

Premier Icon frankconway
    Subscriber

Thursday *could* be a big day in efforts to get access to trump’s tax returns and financial records.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/08/supreme-court-trump-tax-returns-financial-records-353428

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

I am surprised he has not gone on a twitter storm about US being on the no fly list to Europe

Probably more preoccupied with the book that his niece has written about him…
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/07/donald-trump-abuse-father-niece-mary-book

He won’t give a shit about whether Americans can go on holiday to Europe, he’ll be lashing out at all the Fake News within her book.

He’s not worried about the no fly to Europe, the people who vote for him don’t go out of their own state, let alone go to Europe.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

And its not in his interest to remind people how badly the US Covid situation is going.

BLM has given them a suitable distraction and it is easy to get his core base fired up about uppity *******

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

His tax documents will be amusing I’m sure

What effect will it have tho?

His base don’t care or won’t believe anything negative anyway.

Biden better not fk up between now & November or America will have to deal with a 2nd wave with this lunatic in charge !

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Biden better not fk up between now & November or America will have to deal with a 2nd wave with this lunatic in charge !

That’s another win for Trump – you can’t have a second wave if you never get out of the first one. 🙂

(see also, England and Wales)

Premier Icon willard
    Subscriber

The biggest risk to Biden right now is Kanye and his bid. If the election is going to be as close as the last one, then his taking any votes away from Joe in states that might swing is going to put Trump straight back in.

Kanye appears to be just another lunatic, but I seem to recall that he is mates with DT. Without wanting to spoil the brim on my tinfoil hat, could this be a cunning stunt to split the Democrat vote? DT might not be that smart, but he may have someone in his entourage that is.

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

His tax documents will be amusing I’m sure

What effect will it have tho?

His base don’t care or won’t believe anything negative anyway.

Most of his base think taxation is theft so his returns showing no tax paid will have no negative effect

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

The biggest risk to Biden right now is Kanye and his bid. If the election is going to be as close as the last one, then his taking any votes away from Joe in states that might swing is going to put Trump straight back in.

Kanye appears to be just another lunatic, but I seem to recall that he is mates with DT. Without wanting to spoil the brim on my tinfoil hat, could this be a cunning stunt to split the Democrat vote? DT might not be that smart, but he may have someone in his entourage that is.

in the 2016 election, votes for independents amounted less than 5% of the total votes cast. The other 95% voted for dems or republicans

Kanye runs around with MAGA hats on. No democrat supporter is voting for him. If anything he’ll take votes from republicans.

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

Theres the small issue that Kanye has missed the deadline to run as a candidate in many states. So even if he did go ahead a run he’d be running with the clear outcome that he can’t win. Any votes he got would have the same effect as a spoiled ballot – voting with the intention of demonstrating you don’t want to vote for any of the candidates- so in theory there’d be no split of the vote as he’d only attract votes from people who otherwise wouldn’t have voted.  Interestingly Future President West only registeedr to vote for the first time in his life on Monday.

Kanye runs around with MAGA hats on.

He has declared that he’s stopped wearing it

“I am taking the red hat off,” he said. “It looks like one big mess to me. I don’t like that I caught wind that he hid in the bunker… One of the main reasons I wore the red hat as a protest to the segregation of votes in the Black community. Also, other than the fact that I like Trump hotels and the saxophones in the lobby.”

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Kanye runs around with MAGA hats on. No democrat supporter is voting for him. If anything he’ll take votes from republicans.

This. I thought he might be shilling for Trump, but his policies are batshit crazy anti-vaxx, anti-abortion MAGA stuff.

Most of his base think taxation is theft so his returns showing no tax paid will have no negative effect

His base is substantial, but is not quite the size he thinks it is. He needs more than the deplorables to be reelected.

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

The biggest risk to Biden right now is Kanye and his bid.

The biggest risk to Biden is expiring from a combination of being old and stressed.

Premier Icon Jamze
    Subscriber

I assume he lost the tax returns thing then?

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

LAW AND ORDER!

Yep, he lost. Ironically due to the precedent set in the Bill Clinton – Paula Jones case. 🙂

Premier Icon Jamze
    Subscriber

He’s now lost the plot on Twitter (as usual).

Premier Icon frankconway
    Subscriber

Access granted to NYC prosecutors but denied to Congress.
    Decision was 7 – 2.
    Interestingly both Gorsuch and Kavanaugh both supported the decision.
    Can’t imagine the orange buffoon being impressed by those two who he saw as being his placemen.
    Judgement written by John Roberts so that’s him off trump’s christmas card list.

Viewing 40 posts - 17,121 through 17,160 (of 17,457 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.