• This topic has 23,116 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 7 hours ago by thols2.
Viewing 40 posts - 16,761 through 16,800 (of 23,117 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • somafunk

Jesus Christ 😳, he really did didn’t he?

kimbers

exactly what happened. just watched it.

He just sent a clear message to his base

Out of nowhere he promised to defend the 2nd amendment , that’s right firing up the gun nuts at the worst possible time

At least no one is talking about his horrendous mishandling of the vivid crisis

CountZero

This guys a psychopath.

Well, yes, a point that’s been made over and over, and in great depth in the article BillMC posted up there ^^, but it’s worth posting again for anyone who might have missed it. It should be required reading for everyone who’s thought that #angrytinkerbell might be just exaggerating a bit…

https://gen.medium.com/the-psychopath-in-chief-aa10ab2165d9

So he keeps mentioning the military. That’s illegal isn’t it? US military deployed against US citizens?

The National Guard are military, they’re the Army and Airforce military reserve, so they get to play with the big boys toys, so it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that they could bring in helicopter gunships against civilians. They shot dead students protesting against the Vietnam War at Kent State University, which I alluded to further back.
    The Ohio National Guard opened fire on unarmed students, murdering four and wounding nine. Don’t think for one second that Herr dTrump wouldn’t sanction the same thing happening again.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

Not sure if anyone saw it earlier this evening, but even the BBC news team reporting in Washington were attacked by the riot police.

Jamze

Northwind

The Right Rev. Mariann Budde told the Washington Post: “I am outraged… was not given even a courtesy call that they would be clearing with tear gas so they could use one of our churches as a prop, holding a Bible… one that declares that God is love when everything [Trump] has said and done is to enflame violence.

“I don’t want President Trump speaking for St John’s.”

somafunk

martinhutch

In fairness, there is a long tradition of strong leaders using religious texts as a prop for their speeches.

https://twitter.com/paulclaus/status/1267647666562818049

Honestly though, just when you think he can’t sink any lower, he just finds a new level.

StuF

Not going to read the 1000s of posts above to see if this has been mentioned, but I found this pretty interesting and it might explain the some of his behaviour. Not so much psychopath but on set of a form of dementia.

[edit] there’s more on the rest of his feed

martinhutch

The forward leaning stance is more likely due to the heel lifts he wears to look taller. But, yes, he appears to have many other features of some form of dementia. As for the remainder of his personality disorders, he has clearly been a narcissistic psychopath for the majority of his life.

BillMC

onset or on set? is he having us on?

crazy-legs

akira

Obviously church was closed and apparently around the other side the church staff were handing out water to the protestors, but Trump got his photo op and then scuttled back to his bunker to hide and issue threats.

binners

Those pictures of him walking with all his entourage and security? He’s now gone full Gaddafi! Give it another week and he’ll be sporting a uniform and a load of medals that he’s awarded himself

franksinatra

I was chatting to a neighbour of mine. His son is an accountant for a multi national company. He has dreamed of living in the US since he was a boy, he currently lives in Manchester and hates it. He just got a promotion to a Director level post based in New York. More than double his salary, private schooling for his kids, healthcare and paid house for 2 years. Everything he has ever dreamed of.

He turned it down.

seosamh77
    Free Member

So turns out he hasn’t invoked the insurrection act yet… But language last night was heavy fascist… Is it Caesar, or is it Nero… to be determined. meanwhile, people shooting and running over police and shit last night.

maccruiskeen

Not so much psychopath but on set of a form of dementia.

to explain  Trump’s behaviour now as the result of dementia you have to ignore how he’s behaved his whole life. He’s always been like this.

even if just look at the timeframe of his campaign and presidency the idea of dementia doesn’t hold water. It’s not a condition that takes its time. The life expectancy from diagnosis is 3-10 years. When would you say he started to display symptoms?

His crazy behaviour is escalating but but not for clinical reasons it’s just inevitable. The consequences of his actions themselves are mounting up – each mistake comes back to bite him but he’s still an idior He used to be an inept president, he’s now an inept president having to deal with the evergrowing challenges created by his compounded mistakes.

tjagain

Trump is a psychopath. does he have other MH issues on top – I doubt dementia. I think its just the stress of not having himself surrounded by yes men and having his fake assertions challenged which he is not used to that is driving the more and more extreme behaviours

boomerlives
    Free Member

He must be delighted this has happened to distract all from the CV-19 mess. He can look tough for his retarded southern fanbase.

Odd that the protesters in the City Halls protesting about lockdown were ‘good people’ yet those protesting about a murder have to be tear gassed.

His show of force might put the lid back on the pressure cooker for a while, but it’s still going to build up and blow. And soon.

tthew

I’m constantly amazed that none of his apparent personality and mental disorders, and the way the display in rage and anger have presented secondary physical issues and seen him in a box. Maybe he really is as fit and healthy as he instructed his doctor to attest.

somafunk

The most accurate summary of why trump has gained power in the USA from a Georgia professor, well worth a read (will only take a few mins)

MSP

It is sadly ironic, that the gun nuts voted in the president that perhaps proves the wisdom of the citizenship needing to be armed to overthrow a dictatorial government.

Pigface
    Free Member

He turned it down

That’s a shame NY would be an amazing place to live and work for a few years. No more dangerous than Manchester IMO

Trump is about 6ft3 isn’t he, don’t think he needs lifts.

boomerlives
    Free Member

But he tells his tailor he’s 7ft 9, which is why his suits fit him so badly.

GrahamS

Been reading various comments from the US – quite amazing to watch many self-described “libertarians”, who regularly bang on about defending the constitution and have large gun collections to “prevent state oppression”, openly welcoming that same state oppression.

This was one comment I saw on Reddit:

Not a boog but have a ton of firearms – the challenge is that the same people marching ( enlightened liberals in Mass) want to take away my guns. I will never, ever support anyone who wants to ban scary black guns or standard magazines.

🤷‍♂️

CountZero

Been watching his broadcast threat, his entire body language, his head going from side to side, his stance, was exactly that of the schoolyard bully, going nya, nya, nya, I’m bigger and tougher than you are in a sing-song fashion. He’s still the five year old who threw rocks at the toddler next door, which I’ve posted up before.
    There has been so much posted on here about his character which clearly shows the man is a psychopath and a narcissist with zero empathy. It’s a fact, not open to any doubt at all, as many links posted show, I’ve posted quite a few myself, and there is also no doubt that he’s dragging his country into a place where the end results can only be guessed at. The riots in LA and other cities in 1992 will be nothing compared to what will happen now, there will be a full-on civil war with all the various armed militias seeing this as the excuse they’ve been looking for to assert their God-given right to kill all the people they see as denying them their ‘rights’.
    I really don’t think I’m overstating just how terrifying things are over there now.
    May you live in interesting times, as a wise man once said, as a threat and a warning…

johndoh
    Free Member

The riots in LA and other cities in 1992 will be nothing compared to what will happen now, there will be a full-on civil war with all the various armed militias seeing this as the excuse they’ve been looking for to assert their God-given right to kill all the people they see as denying them their ‘rights’. I really don’t think I’m overstating just how terrifying things are over there now.

I totally agree – fighting the protests in this way isn’t going to calm the situation, it’s just fanning the flames. If he continues like this, it is going to get much worse before it gets better. Still, I bet he’s enjoying having a media distraction from the clusterf&*k that has been his response to COVID.

crazy-legs

But he tells his tailor he’s 7ft 9, which is why his suits fit him so badly.

I’ve seldom seen anyone wear a suit as badly as he does. Most people, a suit manages to make them look presentable and professional. Him? He couldn’t look much worse if he was wearing poundshop pyjamas.

Jacob Rees-Mogg is another one who looks like he was dropped in glue and thrown down the end-of-line suit sales aisle.

binners

quite amazing to watch many self-described “libertarians”, who regularly bang on about defending the constitution and have large gun collections to “prevent state oppression”, openly welcoming that same state oppression.

Funny, isn’t it, how they’re happy to defend ‘libertarian’ values as long as the largest beneficiaries of those values are white, privileged males? As soon as uppity people of the wrong colour and sex start demanding the same values apply to them too then they immediately revert to knee-jerk authoritarianism?

‘Libertarianism’ has always been about preserving the status quo of huge inequality in favour of the elite. You’ll never hear anyone on a council estate banging on about the positive advantages of libertarianism. Not unless they’re really, really stupid!

somafunk

GrahamS, they’re not libertarians though, they are scared belittled men who are overcompensating as they realise that their place in society is fast becoming irrelevant so they grab onto a semblance of power and masculinity – Guns.

If you have 5 mins then read the tweet that i posted above, after reading it i now understand why M.A.G.A has such a following from frightened **** with guns

binners

I’ve seldom seen anyone wear a suit as badly as he does.

It must be a right-wing populist thing

reluctantjumper

blockquote>His show of force might put the lid back on the pressure cooker for a while, but it’s still going to build up and blow. And soon.

The issue there is that every time he puts the lid back on the pressure goes up a bit further until it eventually rupture irreparably and you have nothing to put the lid back on to. He’s just storing up problems for himself in the future, like he always does, or if he can kick the can for long enough his replacement will have a substantial amount of crap to undo for him. Either way he’s a serious danger to the world.

How do we go about getting him classed in the same bracket as Saddam Hussain or Gadaffi, one of the other superpowers can then take him out.

Jamze

At least he waited for the cloud of mace to clear…

somafunk

^ read the tweet i posted above from jared sexton for a direct correlation to facist dictators

thegreatape
    Free Member

Boris’s carriage driver looks familiar.

GrahamS

GrahamS, they’re not libertarians though

Absolutely, I should have emphasised the “self-described”

I read the article in that tweet. A little emotive and name-calling for my liking, but sadly there is a ring of truth to it.

boomerlives
    Free Member

his head going from side to side

That’s just him looking at the teleprompt screens.

But I agree with your point that he showed bully tendencies. Bigly.

BillMC

I’ve observed the Tories at conference twice now in Manchester. The de rigueur whistle is a blue ‘tailored’ bum-freezer with pointy shoes, maybe some yuppie braces stretched around a gelatinous paunch. I could swear Mr Byrite had closed down. I watched one delegate in a hotel make an obscene pile of cooked breakfast. He devoured it, then did it again. The staff at the Midland complain bitterly about that lot.
    Americans just don’t seem to be able to do trousers at all, not just the Orange One, same with Obama. A modern day mystery.

franksinatra

What sort of bellend needs to thank himself in the third person. There is so much wrong with that tweet. No problems? Then why was force required and why were there many arrests.

None of this is surprising though. Every single time some bad news has come out regarding Trump he has changed the dialogue but offering up worse news. This is just a huge Covid distraction for him. He did the same on Russia, sex allegations, WHO, Paris agreement, mass shooting and repeat and repeat and repeat.

eskay
Viewing 40 posts - 16,761 through 16,800 (of 23,117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.