Viewing 40 posts - 16,641 through 16,680 (of 23,054 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • tomhoward

Seems ol’ tangerine face is very proud of winning Michigan’s ‘Man of the year’ Award* referencing it in a speech/rally there.

*Award does not exist, never has.

akira

‘I tested very positively in another sense so-this morning. Yeah. I tested positively toward negative, right. So. I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative.’

He’s quite a wordsmith.

maccruiskeen

He’s quite a wordsmith.

I never did get round to reading Finnegan’s Wake

CountZero

Hey, Donald, carry on with the hydroxychloroquine, do the world a favour!
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/danvergano/coronavirus-malaria-drug-trump-deadly-hydroxychloroquine

kelvin

Jamze

Whenever our govt pee me off, catching up on Trump cheers me up. So yesterday, Dr. Birx was wheeled out to go through some complicated charts and tell everyone it was OK to play golf and tennis.

Today…

bruneep

Northwind

It’s the old problem of the real world having a liberal bias, isn’t it.

frankconway

Just more windbaggery from trump but it keeps his name in the media and reinforces his fake news/biased media bluster.

maccruiskeen

Don’t take the threat too lightly – all he has to do is call is friend Bill Gates and tell him to switch off the internet.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

How does Trump’s presidency work if he switches off Twitter?

Is that not like cutting off his own legs?

reluctantjumper

He’ll switch to the Russian alternative of VK It’s the best, most secure social media there is PERIOD.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m waiting to see what his executive order will be, as above even he’s not dumb enough to actually want to shut Twitter down. I can see him trying to make it illegal to edit/add to his posts in any way (to stop them tagging on fact check links) but I can’t see how he has the power to do that, it’s a company not a public body

maccruiskeen

Because he feels social media outlets are guilty of censorship he’s threatening them with censorship so that we’ll have our freedom again.

‘freedom’ is a curious phenomena in the hands of libertarians. We should be free to do whatever we want – unless other peoples freedoms impede my freedoms obviously – we should have regulations to prevent that.

Kuco

The bloke really does think because he’s president he can do what he likes. As for closing it down, that’s a laugh, I’d like to know what power he has to do that and also is he willing to put about 4900 Twitter and tens of thousand Facebook employees out of work. Thing is though thinking about he’s arrogant enough to do it.

Besides when you sign up to these platforms don’t you have to tick a box to agree with the company’s terms and conditions? So if you break their rules they have the right to censor you or even close your account down?

mehr
    Free Member

He’s just setting up the long con to dispute the results of the election

amedias
    Free Member

He’s just setting up the long con to dispute the results of the election

This ^

See also his attacks on vote-by-mail and against anything that might encourage the ‘wrong’ kind of people to vote in greater numbers.

If he wins the next election then it’s because he beat all the evil censorship and voter fraud so that they got the ‘correct’ result.

And if he loses then it’s all down to censorship and voter fraud preventing the ‘correct’ result.

The only correct outcome in his head is that he wins.

Superficial
    Free Member

Don’t take the threat too lightly – all he has to do is call is friend Bill Gates and tell him to switch off the internet.

Wait, Trump is bezzies with child-culler Gates? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? I DEMAND TO KNOW.

Stupid picture to trick morons

maccruiskeen

Wait, Trump is bezzies with child-culler Gates?

Hang on, maybe he ‘never met the guy’. I think its Thursday so probably that today.

andy8442
    Free Member

I bet the great ginger loon high fived himself when he rhymed looting and shooting.

Jamze

Looks like the ‘when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!’ tweet has been tagged.

Twitter sticking to their guns – or a rogue employee? It’s not censorship, is it? Just pointing out where their T&Cs have been breached.

BillMC

It’s the same everywhere, Don has twitter and Dom has Boris.

convert

If I was twitter right now I’d be making a statement along the lines of due to the latest edict by the POTUS they have no choice but to suspend all accounts with a reputation for posting untruths for fear of possible lawsuits.

And then of course suspend the orange one’s account as the first to go.

Without twitter to vent his spleen he’d end up furiously fisting himself for self satisfaction. Hopefully to death.

Superficial
    Free Member

I bet the great ginger loon high fived himself when he rhymed looting and shooting.

Turns out it’s much more sinister than that.

Source: https://www.10tv.com/article/trump-when-looting-starts-shooting-starts-response-minneapolis-protests-2020-may

That last line is the same quote made by former Miami Police Chief Walter Headley. The following is an excerpt from a December 28, 1967 article by United Press International about what was described as Headley’s “shotgun crackdown on Negro slum hoodlums.”

This is brilliant that Twitter have finally taken a stand. Can’t wait for Trump to wake up and discover he’s been owned.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Twitter should just delete Trump’s account for being an arse.
    It’s their app/network, they can do what they want.

If the worst happens, then just turn Twitter off. I doubt it has improved humanity

pipm1
    Free Member

Nobody would have any outlet to vent their frustration if Twitter was shut off anyway, so it’d be a silent win-win. 🙂

Kuco

I don’t use Twitter but why should they turn themselves off? they give jobs to 4500 people. IMO it would be better if they just deleted Trump’s account because of constant violation breaches.

Has he actually done anything productive while in office? He seemed to have lied to farmers about trade deals he would set up, cutting back on the military, and it’s budget and his idea to help states is to threaten and bully its governors. It’s just that he seems to be using his time in office to benefit himself and his minions and bully anyone who goes against him.

boomerlives
    Free Member

They can just move the registered office to another country and he can suck it up along with having his account closed for being a nob.

He would be just left with Fox News then. He was very cross with them mildly disagreeing with him last week and suggested they should bring back Roger Ailes, despite him being

a) A known sex predator who was sacked before the movie came out
    and
    b) dead

Jamze

Just watched his statement.

So his retaliation is to threaten to remove the ‘liability shield’ from social media companies (i.e. currently they are not legally responsible for what people post as they are deemed a neutral platform).

Dunno why they have this protection anyway TBH. Sounds like the sort of legislation that’s been carried over from the phone companies.

Be interesting today to see how McEnany or Trump spin the ‘looting starts, the shooting starts’ tweet.

onehundredthidiot

Are these the great American companies that under no cicumstances would he allow to be made to pay their actual tax. In fact didn’t he wave about some serious threats when EU raised the prospect.

Pigface
    Free Member

Child culler Gates? Shut up you oaf.

dazh

Is it just me, or has this Minneapolis uprising got the potential to go nuclear? It’s bad enough the whole police killing black people thing, but once that’s connected to the fact that black and ethnic minorities are disproportionately affected by covid the whole country could go up. Trump could have a nationwide race war on his hands very quickly.

Jamze

This happened on live TV this morning.

Coyote
    Free Member

Just watched that. Scary as shit!

DezB
    Free Member

There’s a leak of the order… this is what the US govt has seen fit to work on “Free speech” “china” blah blah, with all the issues going on at the moment. Man it’s scary.
    https://kateklonick.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/DRAFT-EO-Preventing-Online-Censorship.pdf

Watch out STW, anarchy will reign
    “For the purposes of this order, the term “online platform” means any website or application that allows users to create and share content or engage in social networking”
    No more mods! hahaha

frankconway

daz – no it’s not just you; definite potential to escalate massively and quickly.
    Regrettably, trump isn’t bothered.
    White police violence on black civilians in the US appears to be increasing and the orange buffoon is either disinterested or oblivious to it.
    The worst president – ever – without a single redeeming character trait.
    Loathsome and odious.

tthew

So his retaliation is to threaten to remove the ‘liability shield’ from social media companies (i.e. currently they are not legally responsible for what people post as they are deemed a neutral platform).

Wouldn’t that be entirely counterproductive to his cause? It they made Twitter responsible for everything he posted on there, about 95% of his bollocks would be moderated before it got posted. I’ve got socks with more intellect than Trump.

martinhutch

Has he awoken yet?

dazh

White police violence on black civilians in the US appears to be increasing and the orange buffoon is either disinterested or oblivious to it.

It’s crazy. Add together the anger about police violence, covid, unemployment, poverty and the number of guns in circulation it could rapidly turn into something that looks like a civil war. I worry for my mates living over there, especially the ones in LA. In fact, I wouldn’t put it past Trump and his cronies to be encouraging it, as then he’ll have an excuse to invoke emergency powers and delay the election.

Viewing 40 posts - 16,641 through 16,680 (of 23,054 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.