Viewing 40 posts - 16,561 through 16,600 (of 17,177 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

Every time this thread moves back up the page I open it hoping the useful **** is dead. Disappointed again!

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

. I also thought it was racist to say to Weijia Jiang “go ask China”

If he’d made the same comment to a black or Hispanic journalist, it wouldn’t have been racist. I don’t think we should be focusing on that comment to be the problem.

plop_pants

I’d love to have seen the media slow clap him off the stage after that little flounce.

Premier Icon frankconway
    Subscriber

bruneep – thanks, that made me smile!
    funkmaster – same for me.

Premier Icon pondo
    Subscriber

If he’d made the same comment to a black or Hispanic journalist, it wouldn’t have been racist. I don’t think we should be focusing on that comment to be the problem.

I don’t think he would have – she’s the journo that a White House staffer said “kung flu” to last month, shortly after which Drumpf proclaimed that saying it is not racist – she gets a ton of stick for not naming the staffer. I thought it was an odd thing for him to say, and odd that she reacted – now it makes more sense to me, with that little excitement last month.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

If he’d made the same comment to a black or Hispanic journalist, it wouldn’t have been racist.

He didn’t, though.

Agree it doesn’t really register on the Trump scale of thunder****edness though

Premier Icon Jamze
    Subscriber

Dr. Rick Bright testifying in front of the house at the mo. Brave guy, really feel for him – the Trump administration will discredit him somehow.

Premier Icon frankconway
    Subscriber

Jamze – they’re pretty much the same words he’s used to dismiss others; maybe the orange buffoon has memorised them for repeated use.
    Should be easy for Rick Bright – or US media – to find photos of Bright and trump together.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

On Fauci’s latest guidance- “I was surprised by his answer actually, because, you know, it’s just to me – it’s not an acceptable answer, especially when it comes to schools”

Not a good sign…

Premier Icon Kuco
    Subscriber

The man is a proven racist, you only have to look at comments he’s made in the past especially towards women.

I really don’t know why he has experts around him as he seems to ignore or criticises everything they say or recommend and do what he wants.

Premier Icon somafunk
    Subscriber

I doubt rick bright will be getting a merry Xmas card from tinker bell this year

Maybe if he learnt a few Latin phrases it would help with his delivery?

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Maybe if he learnt a few Latin phrases it would help with his delivery?

Dulce et Decorum Est?

Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

Subscriber

I hadn’t been aware Trump and the reporter had history, the reactions and cries of “racist” make more sense.

Premier Icon Jamze
    Subscriber

The ‘N1H1’ slip-up was quite amusing at that factory visit. He paused…and then repeated the story of how Biden always gets that muddled up.

He was talking about his brother Fred, so I googled that – he died aged 42.

Interesting that his grandfather, Frederick Trump died in 1918 and was actually one of the first reported cases of Spanish Flu. Trump has often said he ‘didn’t know people died from the flu’ 🙄

https://mobile.twitter.com/sarahcpr

Not seen any mention of Sarah Cooper here yet. We don’t need to see the orange lunatic himself now.

Plus I can imagine him choking on his own rage at this.

Premier Icon eskay
    Subscriber

Thanks for the Sarah Cooper link, absolutely brilliant!

Premier Icon frankconway
    Subscriber

Yes, thanks for Sarah Cooper link.

Premier Icon Kuco
    Subscriber

I’ve seen a couple of Sarah Cooper videos they are good. But reading the Guardian interview with her I love this bit

“It is interesting because as a writer you want to heighten how ridiculous things are. But everything he says is already so ridiculous that it is hard to heighten it”

grahamh

WTF!!!!!!!! word salad…

When you see them going into those hospitals and, they’re puttin’ the stuff you deliver, but they’re wrapping themselves, and the doors are opening, and they’re going through the doors and they’re not even ready to go through those doors, they probably shouldn’t.

— Donald Trump

Premier Icon frankconway
    Subscriber

This should get the US to 200k deaths and quickly; opening for business, with or without vaccine.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52685487

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

To be fair, he’s got more important things to be worrying about other than a couple of hundred dead people

Seems he’s now channelling Star Trek, the search for a vaccine is to proceed at warp speed and the doctor at the head of it is William Shaffner, at least according to R4 this morning.
    Sorry, didn’t see the link earlier, already reprted

Premier Icon Jamze
    Subscriber

Another bizarre Trump day.

His presser in the Rose Garden was disrupted by a truckers protest. He says ‘That’s the sign of love, not the sign of your typical protest’.

Operation Warp Speed gets announced.

McEnany spent the day carrying around two WHSmiths A4 binders as proof that they did indeed have a tested pandemic plan that they are following. Did it take 4 months to find it? I assume this is in response to Bright’s testimony that the existing plans were ignored. Trump suggesting they never existed. Mitch McConnell stated Obama didn’t leave one. Then ex-Obama staffers posted it for all to see.

McEnany went into more details on how Obama’s plans were no good, so they redid all the plans and did a full test of a pandemic response last year. When asked why they didn’t notice the national stockpile ‘cupboards were bare’ at that point she said they were far too busy dealing with bioterrorism threats (Obama’s fault) 🤔

Good news, Trump has a plan.

Then later on Fox, McEnany was asked what’s in the plan to tackle any second wave. ‘No, we have not made plans for the possible return of the pandemic’.

Then he finishes the day with…

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Seems he’s now channelling Star Wars

Only a never-Trumper would confuse Star Wars and Star Trek!

Premier Icon reluctantjumper
    Subscriber

If he wins a second term the US is going to be a no-go zone for travellers, it’ll be riddled with Covid-19 for years to come even if they manage to make a vaccine. You can guarantee that first supplies will go to the rich and wealthy with the poor and marginalised at the back of the queue. If he loses and we get someone else then they will have a massive amount of crap to undo in addition to dealing with the mess of Covid-19 which will take years.

Either way the US is going to be the leper of the world.

Premier Icon Jamze
    Subscriber

…even if they manage to make a vaccine. You can guarantee that first supplies will go to the rich and wealthy with the poor and marginalised at the back of the queue

Will be very interesting to see how his Warp Speed initiative works alongside the WHO ACT Accelerator initiative. Someone did ask him what happens if China finds a vaccine…

From memory, China, Russia and India are not signed up to the WHO initiative either.

“We Call It The Super Duper Missile”

Outside of the argument that it isn’t needed at the moment, calling a weapon ‘that’ shows that you are not a rational human being, but a toddler brained meat puppet

Premier Icon Kuco
    Subscriber

About the only thing, he’s firing at the minute, he’s definitely not firing on all cylinders.
    https://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump-fires-state-department-watchdog-investigating-mike-pompeo-11989264

Premier Icon Riksbar
    Subscriber

Either way the US is going to be the leper of the world.

Who would be stupid enough to pin their future on the US as a major trading partner going forwards eh?
    Ooooohhhh…

Premier Icon somafunk
    Subscriber

International Trade Secretary Liz Truss said:

The US is our largest trading partner

So theres the first lie in the first sentence uttered by **** truss.

£291 billion of trade/45% of uk exports are to the EU
    £220 billion of trade/19% of uk exports are to the USA

I didn’t bother reading anymore

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Whenever I read the words’International Trade Secretary Liz Truss’ I know that this country is truly ****ed!

I’ve got tins of soup in the kitchen cupboards that could easily outwit her

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

£291 billion of trade/45% of uk exports are to the EU
    £220 billion of trade/19% of uk exports are to the USA

They’d duck that as EU isn’t a partner, it’s a group of partners (I do agree though)

But your maths doesn’t add up either, if 220M is 19%, 45% would be close to £500M

Premier Icon frankconway
    Subscriber

trump doesn’t drink but he’s clearly off his tits on something…..
    https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/498135-trump-puts-pressure-on-gop-dismisses-biden-and-jabs-media-in

And showing that he really does care about all, he’s ‘considering’ making a covid vaccine free to all – how very considerate of him; he’s an odious bag of cells
    https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/498080-trump-says-administration-is-looking-at-making-coronavirus-vaccine

I wonder when he last had a bit of sexy time with Melania?

Subscriber

🤢🤮

Premier Icon somafunk
    Subscriber

But your maths doesn’t add up either, if 220M is 19%, 45% would be close to £500M

I found the figures through a FT link so i guess the figures are relevant to the type of goods traded

Premier Icon Jamze
    Subscriber

lol

Premier Icon budgierider67
    Subscriber

I bet she didn’t think it was super duper.

Viewing 40 posts - 16,561 through 16,600 (of 17,177 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.