• This topic has 23,116 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 3 hours ago by thols2.
Viewing 40 posts - 16,001 through 16,040 (of 23,117 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

I have nothing to say. I just wanted to be the 16,000th post.

maccruiskeen

I just wanted to be the 16,000th post.

We’re on target overtake the Barak! Obama! thread at this rate.

akira

The tangerine bawbag does lend himself nicely to a long thread. Don’t think he’s done anything impeachable today but not being following too closely.

funkmasterp

I’m a left wing pacifist but hopefully Trump will go down with corona soon.

I’m a lefty too and I genuinely hope somebody assassinates the giant ****. I can’t understand how he’s been in charge for this long

maccruiskeen

I genuinely hope somebody assassinates the giant ****

Unfortunately the kind of people that tend to get a bit assassinate-y tend to also be Trump supporters. I’m never sure whether he spouts all this Deep State conspiracy stuff because he believes it or just to keep the bomb-makers-in-attics on his side.

CountZero

I’ve been thinking, I wonder if Agent Orange might go down in history as the leader of a country who allowed or was constructive in the deaths of the greatest number of his people, it being a toss-up between dTrump, Pol Pot, Mao Tse Tung and Stalin.
    I don’t think time will be kind to the Orange despot.

tjagain

Pol pot did something like 25% of the population one way or another IIRC

iolo
    Free Member

This is the only thing he cares for.
    He is the President of the USA. [insert swearword here]

maccruiskeen

“Numbers are continuing to rise” lol

RustyNissanPrairie

I wonder if Obama is going to stand up at some point and say something before the Orange gimp kills half the country?

frankconway

Anyone listening to clips from his presser?
    Says that his press conferences are ‘a ratings hit’.
    Says new yorkers are ‘very happy’ that an emergency hospital has been built quickly.
    Claims that protective masks have been stolen from NY hospitals.
    Predicting that US death toll will peak in 2 weeks; I doubt that very much.
    Interspersed with inane rambling.
    One of my sons lives in upstate NY with his wife and son; I wish they didn’t.

grtdkad

Breaking news … “Trump extends social distancing until 30 April
    Trump says that the national guidelines for social distancing will be extended for an additional month until 30 April.

The initial 15-day guidance was set to expire tomorrow, on 30 March.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52081389

tomd
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking, I wonder if Agent Orange might go down in history as the leader of a country who allowed or was constructive in the deaths of the greatest number of his people, it being a toss-up between dTrump, Pol Pot, Mao Tse Tung and Stalin.

Good grief. What has trump specifically done that would rival the great purges of Stalin? What catastrophic revolution of his compares to Pol Pot?

I’m absolutely no fan of his but there’s a gulf between being an idiot and actually setting out to kill people in the name of revolution. Even if you granted that Stalin killed X Million and Trump “Killed” X million you’ll need to explain why you think each of those deaths is the same.

I don’t think you’d agree that we should treat a surgeon that makes an error and kills a patient and a murderer the same? The result is they both killed someone, but for some reason we don’t treat them the same.

The main thing I’m taking from Trump’s current performance is that he’s smarter than most of you. He’s playing a blinder, and he may well “win” out of this. He’s thrown enough shit around no one will know who to blame. If it turns out less bad he’ll be golden. If it’s bad he’s already shifted it to states, companies and China. Also, in the US because of the way they’re set up he’s probably right the economy has a higher priority. Folk have zero backup there. No healthcare. If you take away their job they’re stuffed.

akira

Trump isn’t smart of playing a blinder, he’s wildly floundering and saying anything that he thinks will get him re-elected whilst often ignoring scientific advice or dangerously spreading rumours and unsubstantiated claims. Several TV stations have already cut away from his daily briefs as they think they’re actually causing more harm than good.

martinhutch

He’s playing a blinder, and he may well “win” out of this.

Well, he is uniquely focused on the things that matter to him. Namely, himself and his interests.

Electing a narcissistic clown may be great fun in good times, but the US is finding out that it is not so enjoyable when that clown has a serious job to do.

GrahamS

Breaking news … “Trump extends social distancing until 30 April

Which of course he will now claim was always the plan. He knew this was a pandemic long before anyone else called it that.

And anyone claiming that he said this was all under control, would blow over quickly, and that the churches would be full at Easter is just fake news.

Check with the Ministry of Truth.

dissonance

The main thing I’m taking from Trump’s current performance is that he’s smarter than most of you. He’s playing a blinder, and he may well “win” out of this. He’s thrown enough shit around no one will know who to blame

That doesnt demonstrate him being smart. Smart would be not having people huddle round him at press conferences and not claiming it is already solved before belatedly switching to understand its a real problem.
    There is some cunning in the throw shit round approach but it doesnt really display smartness as opposed to an inability to take responsibility for anything and a default position of spreading division.

eskay

akira

“I know South Korea better than anybody,” he says. “You know how many people are in Seoul?”

“38 million,” he says.

Who was it who said Trump was smarter than all of us?

matt_outandabout

Who was it who said Trump was smarter than all of us?

Donald J Trump said it.

akira

No I meant tomd a few posts up. Think this lays that theory happily to rest.

Kryton57

“I know South Korea better than anybody,” he says. “You know how many people are in Seoul?”

“38 million,” he says.

Fake news, Obvs.

tjagain

Again – trump clearly has a personality disorder / is a psychopath.

Two things this brings that are obvious. Whatever he says is right and no evidence can alter this and he has no empathy at all.

He cannot be shamed by being shown to be wrong because in his mind anything that contradicts him is fake

akira

Even if what contradicts him is what he said on live TV the day before…..fairly terrifying lack of grasp on reality.

Trimix
    Free Member

What are his approval ratings at the moment, does half the US still think he is great ?

What happens next to such a divided country in this disaster – coupe, riots, new leader or carry on sliding in to farce ? I can see them suffering more and becoming further isolated via tarrifs and restrictions on trading – which wont end well for the US vs the rest of the world.

MoreCashThanDash

trump clearly has a personality disorder / is a psychopath.

It seems so incredibly obvious to us over here, but the pro-Trump media must have incredible power if they can hide it from half the US population.

maccruiskeen

the pro-Trump media must have incredible power if they can hide it from half the US population

They don’t really need to hide anything. Trump’s power with the media, whether its intentional or not, is that by blurting out the first thing he thinks (which is usually the last thing he heard) the things he says are usually in tune with the opinions or prejudices of someone. By flipflopping around and contradicting himself frequently he at least doubles the number of people who his ideas seem to be in step with.

If you’re critical of trump nothing he says is going to suddenly win you round but if you’re supportive of Trump theres always something he’s saying that you want to hear.  It doesn’t matter if the things he says aren’t true or don’t happen or if he even flatly denies that it said it because you’ll either not notice or think its the fault of the media or the democrats or the deep state – because you heard him say what you want to hear and he’s the President.

convert

trump clearly has a personality disorder / is a psychopath.

That is the odd thing – it is so obvious he is an ill man. It was obvious years before he was elected. Which is why I can’t really blame him for anything that has happened since. He is the personification of a Ronseal POTUS- delivering exactly the sort of presidency you would have imagined from the outset.

I blame the american voters that voted for him and the Democrats for not putting up a good enough candidate to score in an open net. Finally I blame all those that didn’t bother to vote who should have either not been so lazy or held their noses and voted for Hilary given the disaster they had the power to prevent. Regardless I have REALLY struggled to feel sorry for the Americans for any ills that have befallen them since 2017. They collectively did it to themselves. An american accent has never sounded so stupid; which is a great shame for those that aren’t.

maccruiskeen

I blame the american voters that voted for him and the Democrats

Far, far more blame lies with the Republicans than the Democrats. He ran for the nomination to spite them under the threat that he’d run against them if he didn’t get nominated. Its the spinelessness of mainstream and moderate Republicans that has enabled Trump.

Klunk
    Free Member

An american accent has never sounded so stupid; which is a great shame for those that aren’t.

his accent is getting stranger and stranger, he doesn’t sound like any american i’ve met or any i can think of on the tele box. It really sounded quite bizarre the other day.

tjagain

convert 0- psycopathy / personality is not an illness as such ( well there is some debate but generally not thought of as one) its more akin to a fault in the hardware in a computer. No matter what you do you will not change the underlying faults. You can teach people to ameliorate their behaviour

Its surprisingly prevalent especially in the top ranks of business where the attributes of ruthlessness and lack of empathy may help you succeed

convert

where the attributes of ruthlessness and lack of empathy

It’s more than ruthlessness and lack of empathy – I think he lives in a parallel universe when it comes to truth. I’m pretty convinced he is not consciously lying and contradicting himself (aspd/sociopath)?

tjagain

Sociopath is not a term used much nowadays – its personality disorder / psychopathy IIRC ( not really my feild)
    It manifests in a number of ways and with different traits in different people and there are a range of personality disorders One of these traits is the arrogance. Trump in his own mind cannot be wrong because he is so smart. Anything that contradicts him is fake – even if it was himself yesterday. He is not consciously lying. He truly believes everything he says is right and nothing will sway that view. its not uncommon

maccruiskeen

I’m pretty convinced he is not consciously lying and contradicting himself

He’s a bullshitter. To lie you actually need to know what the truth is. A bullshitter is unconcerned about the truth. Trump only lies when he’s been caught bullshitting.

funkmasterp

Would a crowd funded assassination work?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Obvious narcissistic personality disorder is obvious

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve seen lots of claims. Also including dementia and syphilis.

maccruiskeen

including dementia

If thats the case he’s had dementia for pretty much his whole life.

I think most of his symptoms can are the result of underlying wealth issues.

funkmasterp

I think he’d still be an absolute **** if he was poor tbh

Viewing 40 posts - 16,001 through 16,040 (of 23,117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.