• This topic has 23,115 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 4 hours ago by Coyote.
Viewing 40 posts - 15,921 through 15,960 (of 23,116 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • MoreCashThanDash

The BBC Reality Check on his state of the nation speech was depressing reading. Looks like a lot of the positive numbers he quoted are building on stuff started under Obama, but no one wants to hear that

Klunk
    Free Member

fake tan or fake news, the orange one is not happy!

maccruiskeen

fake tan or fake news

exploding cigar

CountZero

The comments on the boingboing article about that dTrumph photo are excellent…

Why has this photo of Trump gone viral?

FuzzyWuzzy

Regardless of whether his rich powerful etc if he cannot help make people earn a living he is out.

Or he just needs to convince enough of them that the reason they don’t have a job is immigration or China and that he’s the only guy with those at the top of the agenda. Kinda like the Tories convinced the unemployed and low paid in this country it was all immigration & the EU’s fault (and definitely not poorly thought out austerity measures…).

Politics is in a race to the bottom, you can even tell blatant lies these days, as long as you keep denying it or ignoring it when challenged and focus on spewing out more false narratives you’ll probably win elections.

frankconway

Read and despair.
    He really is a shit.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51449739

pondo

****. ;(

FuzzyWuzzy

Wtf is that BBC link, goes via go.skimresources.com for me? Seems like a bullshit middleman revenue generating site – is that STW implemented or something frankconway added or even my browser? Kind of alarming a hover-over displays the correct BBC URL but if you copy the link out you’ll see it changes to https://go.skimresources.com/?id=91808X1545679&isjs=1&jv=13.26.2-stackpath&sref=https%3A%2F%2Fsingletrackworld.com%2Fforum%2Ftopic%2Fdonald-trump%2Fpage%2F399%2F&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld-us-canada-51449739&xguid=&xs=1&xtz=0&xuuid=2780f47960f4058ec005697d549ab165

Our web gateway blocks such crap behaviour thankfully…

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

It’s a “feature” of STW forum

FuzzyWuzzy
    MoreCashThanDash

Fuzzywuzzy – link works fine for me?

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m still confused :p I never even knew skim links were a thing but apparently they’ve been around for years. It only seems to happen for me through Chrome (although I’m not logged into STW when using Edge). My test link above breaks as it redirects via go.skimresources.com (which is blocked where I work) but Fasthaggis’s link works fine so still no clue if it’s my-side or Forum-side and why it’s not consistent (and why a BBC link would go via a monetisation site)?

Googling suggests it’s a Forum-side thing that’s enabled so the owners can generate revenue but I’ve only just noticed it today and even it they weren’t blocked it would annoy me, especially if they’re not Amazon type links I’m clicking on – the only reason I’m a subscriber is to contribute to forum running costs, I don’t want my browsing history tracked by a 3rd party (or JavaScript potentially being run) as a result!

DezB
    Free Member

fasthaggis

Just some old burial sites ,blast away boys

Man, that’s shocking. It’s just so backwards.

maccruiskeen

It’s just so backwards.

I know. I mean we’ve all see Poltergeist right?

frankconway

Fuzzy – suggest you raise with STW mods/tech; no problem with my post/link – as confirmed by morecash’s post.
    I’m not in the game of scamming.
    Your test post re hydrogen powered yacht works fine for me.

GrahamS

I don’t see the skimresources stuff. Maybe it gets removed by AdBlock Plus?

I don’t want my browsing history tracked by a 3rd party

I’m afraid that rules out about 90% of the modern web then.

grtdkad

Money. Laundering. Trump. (and Russia).

…please, this time, take him down!

“Trump wealth order probe urged over Scottish golf resorts”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-51666413

“We saw patterns of buying and selling that we thought were suggestive of money laundering”
    “Trump’s known sources of income don’t explain where the money came from for these huge cash transactions”.
    “There are reasonable grounds for suspecting that his lawfully obtained income was insufficient”.

grtdkad

It says something when potential charges of money laundering by the Scottish government just washes over us all doesn’t it!

#trumpfatigue

CountZero

I don’t want my browsing history tracked by a 3rd party (or JavaScript potentially being run) as a result!

Then use Firefox, DuckDuckGo or Brave, with a VPN. If you use a browser associated with Google, then it’s difficult to see a way around everything you do being tracked.
    I use all of those, and it’s not unusual to have a search result tell me I’m in America, rather than the U.K.

maccruiskeen

It says something when potential charges of money laundering by the Scottish government just washes over us all doesn’t it!

‘Potential’ – but theres not that much potential. Theres no threat of an investigation being made the Scottish government, the idea is just being mooted by an MSP.

somafunk

Wanna see how a meth tweaker acts when  he’s cornered and knows the game is up

Poopscoop

Holy **** that’s painful to watch.

martinhutch

I know they’ve recovered a bit now, but, really, we should have taken the bugger at his word.

null

theotherjonv

Ah but that says Dow Joans. He was talking about something completely different to the Dow Jones. Nothing to see here, fake news!

MoreCashThanDash

I think that Dow Jones quote was shown to be fake, which surprised me as it sounded exactly like something he’d say.

I’m ashamed to say that I gave a rueful chuckle at his pathetic boast that no Americans had died of Covid 19 due to his greatness, only for some poor sod to prove him wrong the next day.

grtdkad

Stone looks as if he’s trying to disguise a medical condition in that clip? Parkinson’s or similar? It doesn’t look like it’s as a result of rage, it’s less controlled.

grahamh
    Free Member

Just when you think he has reached peak bellendory, he takes it up another level.

Trump offers ‘large sums’ for exclusive access to coronavirus vaccine

somafunk

Trumps gone, surely that’s him out the door without so much as a “cheery bye” after his most recent speech (just watched on BBC news) where he mumbled about how strong the markets are and talked utter shite for the rest of his speech then walked out and left pence to update and take questions.

There’s no way he’s getting reelected this year, id bet money on it which is not something id ever consider 3 months ago.

MoreCashThanDash

He’s looking incredibly fragile at times, but still too many believers, and I’m not sure the Democrats have the balls to play dirty and throw his handling of the virus crisis back at him. Unless they can pin high numbers of US deaths on him – politically and morally risky – he may squeak past again

FB-ATB

Just when you think he has reached peak bellendory, he takes it up another level.

Trump offers ‘large sums’ for exclusive access to coronavirus vaccine

But his voters will love him for that -“Hey, I wanted to get vaccines for us all to keep us safe but the foreigners wouldn’t sell it. Told you we can’t trust them” will be his narrative.

GrahamS

Trumps gone, surely that’s him out the door without so much as a “cheery bye” after his most recent speech

Did you see this one? Asked if he took responsibility for disbanding the Whitehouse Pandemic Response Office he basically shrugged, denied having anything to do with it and blamed “the Administration”. 😲🤦‍♂️

Article with transcript for those unable to twatter:
    https://theintercept.com/2020/03/14/trump-says-no-idea-pandemic-response-team-disbanded-thats-true/

Northwind

He’s awarded himself 10/10 for the response to covid-19.

Nobody seems to be putting 2 and 2 together though and saying “remember how you kept demanding the federal reserve take action to boost the economy, purely to boost your polling? This is why they didn’t”. Instead it’s being portrayed as “trump gets what he’s been asking for”, rather than “disaster measures wisely retained for an actual disaster”

somafunk

GrahamS : yeah i watched that live, what i cannot understand is why the acolytes he has surrounded himself with do not have the balls to stand up against his stupidity? – do they not realise this is the end for our culture of personality politics? – we need experts and this goes for our current government especially cabinet who are nothing more than neophytes grasping for an out of reach handhold on reality, all those who surround trump when he spews up utter nonsense in these publicised outbursts are just as culpable as trump in my view. I sincerely hope this will be a turning point in the culture of greed is good capitalism and personality politics that is ensuring the stagnation of the human race.

Nah…..on reflection the shite will rise to the top as usual

CountZero

what i cannot understand is why the acolytes he has surrounded himself with do not have the balls to stand up against his stupidity?

Because they owe him their jobs and salaries? Just a thought…

frankconway

Should import my comments about orange faced buffoon from main coronavirus thread to this one.
    Referring to him as a buffoon is inappropriate; he is a danger to humanity.
    Oh for an assassin.

kimbers

maccruiskeen

“People are dying who have never died before”

GrahamS

Sandwich

Oh for an assassin.

Good ones are very smartly turned out.

Viewing 40 posts - 15,921 through 15,960 (of 23,116 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.