• This topic has 23,116 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 5 hours ago by thols2.
Viewing 40 posts - 14,081 through 14,120 (of 23,117 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • ninfan
    Free Member

“Two years Later Donald took his job and threw him and his family out of their house” might just be peak Ninfan.

somafunk

Trump mentioned fake news when questioned by Laura Kuenssberg regarding his criticism of Theresa may and her handling of Brexit negotiations, ffsake why don’t the reporters just stand up and turn their backs to him when he lies, it was less than 24 hours ago when he gave a critical interview to the Sun

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it was less than 24 hours ago when he gave a critical interview to the Sun

and got a spectacular number of things wrong in the NATO press conference

And I do like the fact they send Mealina off to hang out with the Chelsea pensioners, is Armando working on the inside now

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Hey, ninpoop. No, huh?

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Not sure how many hurricanes there were, wasn’t the RAF still largely biplanes? But yeah, no quarrel with that point, which I address above.

In August 1938 – the Luftwaffe had less than 200 operational 109s – which were of the B/C/D variant. There other fighters were biplanes of similar performance values to the Gladiator.

At the end of September 1938 if the Munich crisis had resulted in war the RAF home fighter force would have been 25 squadrons,

1 Demon (Turret), 2 Demon / Demon (Turret), 3 Fury, 7 Gauntlet,
    1 Gauntlet / Hurricane, 1 Gauntlet / Spitfire, 5 Gladiator and 5
    Hurricane

Also 5 reserve squadrons with Demons.

At the end of December 1938 there were 13 squadrons in 11 Group
    and 12 in 12 Group. Again 11 Group was largely at the airfields in
    use in 1935. Squadron equipment was 1 Blenheim / Gladiator,
    3 Blenheim / Demon, 1 Fury / Hurricane, 1 Fury / Spitfire, 4 Gauntlet,
    2 Gauntlet / Hurricane, 2 Gauntlet / Spitfire, 4 Gladiator, 7 Hurricane.

In addition there were 7 reserve fighter squadrons, 1 Blenheim / Demon,
    2 Demon, 1 Demon / Gladiator, 1 Gauntlet, 1 Gauntlet / Hector and 1
    still had Hind light bombers, so the reserve squadrons were finally
    receiving more modern equipment.

ransos
    Free Member

Negotiate with the Soviets who at that point had a non-aggression pact with Germany and were about to join Germany in dividing up Poland? I don’t think the Soviets looked like a potential ally until Barbarossa(sp?).

The pact was signed in August 1939, nearly a year after Munich. Chamberlain snubbed the Soviets when he should’ve been courting them.

outofbreath
    Free Member

In August 1938 – the Luftwaffe had less than 200 operational 109s – which were of the B/C/D variant. There other fighters were biplanes of similar performance values to the Gladiator.

At the end of September 1938 if the Munich crisis had resulted in war the RAF home fighter force would have been 25 squadrons,

1 Demon (Turret), 2 Demon / Demon (Turret), 3 Fury, 7 Gauntlet,
    1 Gauntlet / Hurricane, 1 Gauntlet / Spitfire, 5 Gladiator and 5
    Hurricane

Also 5 reserve squadrons with Demons.

So that’s our baseline, I guess we need to know what aircraft availability/production was like by the time the war started, I’m guessing/half remembering/assuming the allies were way out producing Germany by then.

Surely there must be a definitive answer somewhere about how much ‘war stuff’ each side had accumulated over that extra year.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So that’s our baseline, I guess we need to know what aircraft

Sounds like a great idea for a thread 😉

Chamberlain snubbed the Soviets when he should’ve been courting them.

What is this, a game of “suck up to the least worst evil dictator?”

El-bent
    Free Member

Gents, I used the Chamberlain reference to demonstrate a civil person going to a negotiating table assuming the opposite party would also be civil, the point still stands regardless of the revisionist history a few are banding around.

This is just one of many instances of this happening throughout history, and todays version is the US president.

Let’s not derail the thread with what happened on the build up to WW2, even though there is the potential here for history to repeat itself.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anyway enough of WWII live updates 😉 Off down to see how it’s going in Manchester safe in the knowledge that binners if off to greggs in Cholorton

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

View this post on Instagram

Lots of love for Trump here

A post shared by Michael Smith (@smithmichaelw) on

Tiny hand jokes don’t get old

ransos
    Free Member

What is this, a game of “suck up to the least worst evil dictator?”

Which is exactly what Churchill did. I suppose he thought that an existential crisis didn’t qualify as a game.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Gents, I used the Chamberlain reference to demonstrate a civil person going to a negotiating table assuming the opposite party would also be civil

*Sniffs the bait swims off*

Which is exactly what Churchill did. I suppose he thought that an existential crisis didn’t qualify as a game.

+1

timbog160

Churchill said of Chamberlain ‘poor Neville, history will judge him harshly – I know because I will write it’ sums it up really…

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

The demo in Glasgo looked small!

Northwind

@futon, today’s glasgow and dundee ones are basically warmups, main event is tomorrow at the parliament. Still, didn’t look that small? Police are saying 1500.

bruneep

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/293h42w]IMG_1457[/url] by Mike Smith, on Flickr

Some Shots from the Manchester Protest before the rain came down, some choice words so a link to the album instead of the pics in here, also a warning that this album contains images of the Palestinian flag, we all know that might offend some people 😉

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mikewsmith/albums/72157699038369825

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and in a bit of a meanwhile in other news

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/13/us/politics/mueller-indictment-russian-intelligence-hacking.html

WASHINGTON — The special counsel investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election issued an indictment of 12 Russian intelligence officers on Friday in the hacking of the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton presidential campaign. The indictment came only three days before President Trump was planning to meet with President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia in Helsinki, Finland.

The 29-page indictment is the most detailed accusation by the American government to date of the Russian government’s interference in the 2016 election, and it includes a litany of brazen Russian subterfuge operations meant to foment chaos in the months before Election Day

From phishing attacks to gain access to Democratic operatives, to money laundering, to attempts to break into state elections boards, the indictment details a vigorous and complex effort by Russia’s top military intelligence service to sabotage the campaign of Mr. Trump’s Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton

You would have to hope that at no point you stood on stage and asked people to do any of this 😉

It’s fairly clear who Putin wanted in the white house and the why is unfolding in front of us all.

DrJ

Album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/autres_directions/albums/72157699038866425

Palestinian flag alert, as above, and for added hazard, Cuban flags.

DrJ

Last time I saw denial as unconvincing as Trump backtracking on his Sun interview…

rene59
    Free Member

Surprised that paraglider wasn’t shot down.

ninfan
    Free Member

The conspirators corresponded with several Americans during the course of the conspiracy through the internet. There is no allegation in the indictment that the Americans knew they were communicating with Russian intelligence officers.

There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result.

But, but, but, colllllluuuuuuuuussssssssiiiiiiiioooooonnnnnnn…. 😄

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Laugh all you like. First up time to accept that there was active involvement from the Russian state in the US election.

They wanted this outcome.

You picked 2 statements there, yep these people were not the ones communicating with the Trump Campaign. However several people have been found to be chatting to Russian agents and officials and hiding that fact (sorry forgetting about it) They are separate charges, it’s just common sense to not have the people doing the hacking as are communicating with the people who benefit from it

And a bit more context for your second quote…

Count Eleven charges two defendants for a separate conspiracy to access computers without authorization, and to cause damage those computers, in connection with efforts to infiltrate computers used to administer elections.

Finally, a forfeiture allegation seeks the forfeiture of property involved in the criminal activity.

There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result.

The Special Counsel’s investigation is ongoing and there will be no comments from the Special Counsel at this time.

The efforts to hack election equipment may not have been successful but a the release of political information, hacking and all of that did play a part in the way things played out, it may not be something you can convict on but the investigations continue. More is being found and more people are getting sweaty over there.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Nothing to add other than liam fox is a xxxx of a man

ninfan
    Free Member

did play a part in the way things played out,

Would you accept that having been revealed to have secretly deleted 30k emails to keep them from investigation, used an unsecured email server for classified emails, being handed the TV debate questions beforehand and rigging the primaries to undermine Bernie Sanders all played a part in the way things played out too?

Seems to me the Dem’s might want to look closer to home at why Donald won rather than indulging in conspiracy fantasies

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep, turning up to tell us off for being disrespectful while Trump managed to show no respect to May or the people he has met on his travels so far. I’m sure he will have nice things to say about Putin though

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep everyone knows that the emails played a huge part in election. So why did Putin want Trump in power?

ninfan
    Free Member

He didn’t, remember – the Russians were out there supporting both pro Bernie and anti-trump protests

mikewsmith
    Free Member

LOL the evidence is stacking up though

So far we have

Manefort

Gates

Kushner

Trump Jnr

Papadopoulos

Page

Cohen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_campaign%E2%80%93Russian_meetings

all meeting people they shouldn’t be, any more I’ve missed out?

What were all these people doing meeting the wrong people?

As for supporting Saunders it would have been a good bet for destabilising too, but the DNC leak was dropped 10 days after he conceded, it played into Trumps hands. Anyway you can carry on seeing nothing at all here.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Shameless.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Shocked, I’m truly shocked he didn’t do it himself

As for shameless and unethical

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/14/world/europe/uk-trump-scotland-golf.html

It’s just one long marketing and subsidy exercise – I thought all these right wingers were against state aid to failing businesses.

rmacattack
    Free Member

14,115 messages about a US president, im starting to wonder who really is the mentally unstable one, the buffon, or the weekend mountain biker?

anagallis_arvensis

No one here rides mtb you idiot!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Bikes when it cools down a little 🙂

rmacattack
    Free Member

My apologies road or gravel bike strava warriors.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s lift off time!!

Glad you had the time to stop by rmacattack, or are you just mid ride?

rmacattack
    Free Member

Andorra is on live, that takes priority

Viewing 40 posts - 14,081 through 14,120 (of 23,117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.