• This topic has 23,116 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 6 hours ago by thols2.
Viewing 40 posts - 13,881 through 13,920 (of 23,117 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • franksinatra

Well, what I did was bother to watch a bit more of it than the usual media sources fed me

But the media didn’t edit his words, he actually said those words, in that combination.

dissonance

he rambles on about winning electoral votes in Wisconsin and how that is better than Ronald Regans performance.

Dont forget his golf courses as well.  It is impressively self centred.

President Trump is the head of state so like all other head of states they should be respected even if they are the enemy.

Are you seriously suggesting that any head of state should be respected? We should have respected Saddam, Stalin and so on?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I discovered Donalds commitment to world peace and complete nuclear disarmament.

Whilst not answering the question. I think he got some of his answers from his time hanging around miss world for the articles of course. Not sure why you want to prove with that clip

ninfan
    Free Member

We should have respected Saddam, Stalin and so on?

I thought it was only Labour MP’s who did that?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Still not answering the question there….. #Shocked #sadface

nickc

of course you did, but you’d be wrong (as usual)

Image result for rumsfeld and saddam hussein

dissonance

Not sure why you want to prove with that clip

Its especially odd since it was reported on both the BBC and in the Guardian. Its just, for some odd reason, other parts of the speech were seen as more relevant.

chewkw
    Free Member

Why?

His official title is the President of United State of America.

Not President of Trump Corporation.

That is the difference.

If you are disrespectful to the President of USA you are basically saying you hate the entire population of USA … including all the multiple ethnicities.

Remember in USA you have Democrats who you might have same ideology with but when you disrespect the President, you also turn your back to the people with the same ideology as you because they are also being represented by the same President.

Do you think the entire USA, Russia, North Korea, Iran have only one ideology?

Show respect and the world would show respect in return.

Are you seriously suggesting that any head of state should be respected? We should have respected Saddam, Stalin and so on?

If he is on official visit (if you invite them) then you show respect to them, if you do not want to respect them why the invitation?

Show respect in a civilise way and you might change them.

dissonance

Show respect and the world would show respect in return.

You are using that as an argument to show respect to Trump? I dont think you have thought that one through.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Now come on chewkw you let slip some much better writing on the football thread, bring some of it here….

The respect trump showed the kids he removed from their families is a good starting point.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

A bit bit better than the ehmygerdw

So, how big and beautiful has the wall managed to be yet then,  nitwitfanny?

chewkw
    Free Member

You are using that as an argument to show respect to Trump? I dont think you have thought that one through.

President Trump.  The head of state of USA.

On a personal basis I do not know him to disrespect him.

If PM May visit another country representing the British people, how would you feel if the host country starts to burn the British flag and make disrespectful gestures towards the British PM?

Remember, the world is watching the British people and they don’t know the protestors’ ideology.

ransos
    Free Member

convert

If he is on official visit (if you invite them) then you show respect to them, if you do not want to respect them why the invitation?

I am sure May will be holding his hand or giving him a leg trembler in the long room if Philip isn’t looking and being all diplomatic and nicy nicy. She after all invited him. I don’t recall sending the invite personally.

The serfs however, who you might have noticed don’t really care for May either, will be happy to tell him exactly what we think of him and his policies. Actually more accurately reminding the US public what we think of the muppet they elected.

ninfan
    Free Member

The respect trump showed the kids he removed from their families is a good starting point.

How about the respect those parents showed to US immigration laws?

Dont want to get locked up away from your kids, don’t break the law – pretty simple isn’t it?

The serfs however, who you might have noticed don’t really care for May either, will be happy to tell him exactly what we think of him.

The same ‘serfs’ who marched through London confidently telling the world that ‘we’ didnt want to leave the EU (just before watching the silent majority vote to leave, LOL)

ransos
    Free Member

ransos
    Free Member

chewkw
    Free Member

Now come on chewkw you let slip some much better writing on the football thread, bring some of it here….

Slight hijack.

That was the football talking.  😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How about the respect those parents showed to US immigration laws?

Dont want to get locked up away from your kids, don’t break the law – pretty simple isn’t it?

Was having more of a thought for the kids.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And while we are on the topic of Respect

Londoners have always chosen hope over fear, unity over division, and have approached challenges with optimism rather than despair. We should be immensely proud of our values: our respect for everyone, regardless of who they are or where they come from, our celebration of diversity, our commitment to fairness and equality, and our openness and positivity about the future.

The peaceful protests that will take place tomorrow against President Trump are not anti-American — far from it. The vast majority of those marching on Friday love the United States, just as I do. I love the people, the culture, the history and the values of the US, and I cherish the “special relationship” for its enormously positive impact on our society, economy and security. I have family and friends who live in America, and I will never forget the excitement of my first trip to Boston and New York at the age of 20 — a feeling I still get every time I am fortunate enough to visit.

As Mayor of London I value enormously the relationships I have struck up with fellow mayors and people across the US. I also know how many Americans contribute to the vibrancy and success of our own city.

Of course, having a special relationship means standing resolutely by the US in times of adversity, as we have time and time again. But the very specialness of our relationship means that we expect the highest standards from each other, and it also means speaking out when we think one side is not living up to the values we hold dear. Like many Londoners I feel that now is one of those occasions.

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/londoners-have-a-right-to-speak-out-against-the-president-s-visit-a3885671.html

outofbreath
    Free Member

In response to Rasnos’ 3 photos:

1) Pinochet:  Helped us in the Falklands.

2) Munich: Hitler needed an immediate war. By offering concessions over Czechoslovakia (Or was it Poland?) Chamberlain cheated Hitler out of an immediate war which allowed all the Allies the chance to re-arm so when the war happened it was a war of attrition which the Nazi’s could never hope to win. Also exposed Hitler to the world as someone who could never be trusted to keep to a treaty, effectively denying him any new allies. Hitler acknowledged all of that and blamed Chamberlain for delaying the war and thus causing Germany’s destruction. This goes beyond Munich and is well worth a listen: https://www.historyextra.com/period/second-world-war/the-munich-conference/

3) Stalin’s usefulness to us in WW2 is beyond debate.

So that’s three examples where meeting bad people has been in the UK national interest and two of them where meeting bad people was in the world’s interest.

I appreciate it’s not the point Rasnos was making but don’t they demonstrate how useful it is to meet bad people? And if Trump’s a halfwit it should be easy to run circles round him and gain huge advantage.

If France can talk to Trump so can we. I doubt he’ll outwit our Foreign Office packed full of Oxbridge double firsts.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If France can talk to Trump so can we.

Except we are not, it’s a pure photo op golf holiday.

We spoke to him at the G7, NATO, previous G7 etc.

And if Trump’s a halfwit it should be easy to run circles round him and gain huge advantage.

As the old saying goes Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

How can you deal with somebody who changes their mind that often, breaks promises and would stab anyone on the back for the sake of a tweet.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Except we are not, it’s a pure photo op golf holiday.

I don’t sense that if it was a longer visit with more meetings you’d be happy. 😀

How can you deal with somebody who changes their mind that often, breaks promises and would stab anyone on the back for the sake of a tweet.

Hitler did all of those except the tweet and a UK PM meeting Hitler was massively beneficial to the UK and the World. …and we know after the night of the long knives a stab on(sic) the back from Hitler was often not a metaphorical one!

kimbers

That brexit ramble was magnificent.

A true sign of a great statesman 😁

The man’s an arse, it’s nice to see him getting the welcome he deserves from the public, even as brexit leaves us so desperate that May is forced to toady up to him, no matter how much he insults her, wonder if he really will meet Johnson !

cornholio98
    Free Member

If the UK did not deal with unpalatable leaders our access to fuels, raw materials and cheap goods would be severely curtailed.

Anyone looking at this on an Apple device must be well aware of the Foxconn suicides on the assembly line, the less than wonderful conditions for the miners and mineral processors in the supply chain. Even after publication of the data there was no backlash

the crux is we like these deals to be made as the are often of great benefit and we don’t care about the abuses as long as we don’t hear about them.

You have to wonder if Trump is pushing really bad stuff in the background while distracting people with just bad stuff on Twitter… I guess the biggest issue is the president of the USA is supposed to at least put up a front of acceptability

Pigface
    Free Member

So the North Koreans didn’t turn up for a meeting about repatriating American war dead. Yes it is all going very well.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So how’s the NK denuclearisation coming along there, nitwitfanny?

How big and beautiful is the wall, so far?

Take your time… 😂

ninfan
    Free Member

The peaceful protests that will take place tomorrow against President Trump are not anti-American — far from it. The vast majority of those marching on Friday love the United States, just as I do. I love the people, the culture, the history and the values of the US,

True that, after all, you only need to look how much he supported Louis Farrakhan in seeking to overturn his ban from the UK due to racist and anti-semitic speeches.

maxtorque

Hmm, i must have missed that memo…….

rmacattack
    Free Member

Shocking scenes at the protests. I can’t believe in 2018 people don’t shower or wash and cut their hair.

slowoldman

I don’t much care for our leader. That doesn’t mean I disrespect the British people. Well not all of them.

ninfan
    Free Member

I can’t believe in 2018 people don’t shower or wash and cut their hair.

Wow, what a coincidence – I’m sure I’ve seen some people like that at other recent protests about various entirely unconnected issues. What are the chances?

nickc

I can’t believe in 2018 people don’t shower or wash and cut their hair.

I know right, I mean which group would you rather hang out with, this lot? who are probably  smelly & unkempt

Image result for nazi protest charlottesville

Or this lot of well groomed young chaps?

Image result for nazi protest charlottesville

PrinceJohn

If you are disrespectful to the President of USA you are basically saying you hate the entire population of USA … including all the multiple ethnicities.

Even the Americans aren’t dumb enough to believe that.

PrinceJohn

Wow, what a coincidence – I’m sure I’ve seen some people like that at other recent protests about various entirely unconnected issues. What are the chances?

People like what?

nealglover
    Free Member

If you are disrespectful to the President of USA you are basically saying you hate the entire population of USA … including all the multiple ethnicities

ffs, Whoever said that really isn’t equipped with the intelligence to discuss anything like an adult.

Even in the internet, where the standards are spectacularly low, that stands out as utter horse shit 😳

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Unwashed smelly arseholes in London

slowoldman

Look at this frightful bunch.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I can see why ninfan is terrified of them

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The promised destruction of ‘Obamacare’ doesn’t seem to have happened.

What went wrong,  ninny?

Viewing 40 posts - 13,881 through 13,920 (of 23,117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.