Viewing 40 posts - 13,321 through 13,360 (of 23,065 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • DrJ

Probably I’m a bit behind the times, but is deviant the new name for labrat/ninfan/etc?

El-bent
    Free Member

People were almost willing for a war with North Korea so they could blame Trump, sad really…his no nonsense stance was in contrast to the international community and previous President and it seems to have worked…

Seems to have worked being the operative words here. It may come as a surprise to many on here that you haven’t thought this through. Kim Jong Un and his cohorts will still be in power long after trump and his cronies.

Probably I’m a bit behind the times, but is deviant the new name for labrat/ninfan/etc?

No, Deviant is not. Ninfan is hardcore right wing, while Deviant posts stuff which makes him looks like he’s been misled.

Klunk
    Free Member

i do love this right wing narrative that Donny’s hard line has forced NK to the negotiating table, when they’ve been only too keen to talk for years and it’s been the US that’s been reluctant to talks. Hi ho Donny to rescue

MSP

Yep, The Don has confirmed the message, develop nuclear capabilaty and then the US will cave in and negotiate.

akira

The problem is if a problem can’t be solved by suing, paying them off or a badly spelt tweet he’s a bit lost.

dudeofdoom

Pondo,that’s grossly unfair,let’s start a list of his many achievements.I’ll start with er er er .Anyone think of a

Well he he did cut taxes for the corporations and he’s getting rid of any of the global warming nonsense with his people in the EPA 🙂

Northwind

People seem to be slightly missing the point on the whole France/UK/NRA things. They’re not Trump being incompetent or tactless, they’re Trump diverting everyone from other stuff. It’s crude, but it’s proved effective time and again. The whole Stormy thing should be a nothing but he and his team keep making it into a something- but it doesn’t matter because LOOK KNIVES

v8ninety

Deviant posts stuff which makes him looks like he’s been misled.

Agreed. He seems to be a classic example of an insulated from reality, institutionalised white male. Bet he was in the forces or other similar healthy white male job in the past, and I’m pretty sure he’s an Ambo now, which makes me sad.

There’s a reason that coppers and Ambos often end up fairly right wing with a loss of any sympathy for the most vulnerable in our society; they are continually exposed to the worst kind of vulnerable people, those with little or no social skills, those who have never been afforded a chance, those who are physically, emotionally, mentally damaged by substance or circumstance and are cynical, nasty and generally unpleasant as a result.

What these insulated, less cerebral coppers and ambos don’t consider is that there are nasty, vindictive and spiteful people at all levels of society; but those that are afforded a little bit of opportunity learn quickly to hide their nastiness and instead portray themselves outwardly as decent people. It’s only occasionally that the mask slips and we get a glimpse of true evil in their actions. See; Grenfell, disability assessments, response to the Mediterranean refugee crisis as examples recently. But these are easy to ignore for insulated white male man, because they aren’t having their noses rubbed in it every day; so they hate on the everyday shitbags they interact with daily, instead.

I know this because I’ve frlt it on occasion too, and had to have a word with myself.

apologies if that all comes over as a bit sanctimonious; I’ve just seen it all before. Tory voting NHS workers. Turkeys voting for Christmas.

deviant
    Free Member

On the contrary, i have all the time for the genuinely needy in society, what i come across far too often however are people who want to blame everything and everyone else for their situation.

Not everyone in a tough situation is there because they are a victim, plenty have made awful decisions, played with drink or drugs, refused to put in the effort at work etc…when i come across that i’ll happy call it for what it is.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

far too often however are people who want to blame everything and everyone else for their situation.

A perfect description of Donald trump there, lots of blame no real solutions.

kerley
    Free Member

Your second paragraph totally contradicts your first.  People can clearly only be validly needy on your terms.

ninfan
    Free Member

People seem to be slightly missing the point on the whole France/UK/NRA things. They’re not Trump being incompetent or tactless, they’re Trump diverting everyone from other stuff. It’s crude, but it’s proved effective time and again. The whole Stormy thing should be a nothing but he and his team keep making it into a something- but it doesn’t matter because LOOK KNIVES

Its a “diversion” that appears to have barely raised a flicker domestically, the only people jumping up and down are over here. FFS, London has a recent murder rate worse than New York, to anyone with half a brain that’s the real story – let alone violent crime and robbery. (Of course, it’s all down to lack of police resources isn’t it? Though there magically seems to be no shortage of police resources to investigate someone saying something nasty on Twitter, selling Robinson’s jam badges or alleging they were abused by a dead politician 40 years ago.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>It has, however, been rather amusing to see BBC news full lots of outraged politicians upset that Trump compared London hospital with a war zone… conveniently failing to mention that the comparison originally came from a BBC interview:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcr4today/status/981846094429786112

DrJ

You should not confuse R4 Today with a reliable news source. It’s tabloid tittle tattle at best; perfect ammunition for anyone wanting an end to the licence fee.

pondo

Its a “diversion” that appears to have barely raised a flicker domestically, the only people jumping up and down are over here.

Who’d have thought, only half the population of America are up in arms about arms, as opposed to almost everyone over here. We are a bunch of fools, innit.

pondo

I’ve let everyone down on the “never respond to Ninfan”‘ front – sorry all. 🙁

kimbers

NYC has 4x as many police per head as London

Chuck in decades of neglect & 8 years of austerity on youth services, sure start, benefits cuts, Windrush racism, etc & you get the perfect Tory brewed shit storm.

But yeah london would be muuuch safer with lax gun laws 😂😂😂😂

deviant
    Free Member

The way London is going currently (a 12 and 15 yr old dead today) they’ll be no gangs to worry about soon…Darwinism innit?…let the idiots slaughter each other.

Meanwhile those of us who dont live in a s@*thole enjoyed a barbeque and planting some growers this afternoon…aaand relax.

(casts an eye over at London, nope wouldnt go back)

ninfan
    Free Member

But yeah london would be muuuch safer with lax gun laws

Because really strict gun laws have, like, totally taken guns away from the criminals

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39578500

(but, of course, let’s not stop and search anyone for them, ‘cause that’s racist)

Pigface
    Free Member

Do shut up you self obsessed boring oaf.

ninfan
    Free Member

Ah, the lefties turn to their last resort of “losing the argument, quick, turn to abuse”

and so early in the evening… quelle surprise.

Why not go all in and call me a Nazi for good measure.

kimbers

I’ll play

NYC  did have a high murder rate, but now strictest gun laws in USA

+ A properly funded & staffed police and you’ve got something the Tory government don’t seem to understand

dissonance

Because really strict gun laws have, like, totally taken guns away from the criminals

Why yes, yes they have. Now they havent taken all guns away from all criminals but then nobody sane ever claimed that would be the case.

Why bother with such pointless strawmen?

Pigface
    Free Member

Don’t flatter yourself, nothing abusive just fact.

Klunk
    Free Member

gun crime up 41.89% yet homicide up 0.92% either they are terrible shots, the guns have wonky barrels or they can’t get hold of the ammo!

ninfan
    Free Member

+ A properly funded & staffed police and you’ve got something the Tory government don’t seem to understand

How many people did the New York police arrest for posting something on twitter last year?

maybe if the the British police are so under resourced they should concentrate on proper crimes?

oldnpastit

A properly funded & staffed police and you’ve got something the Tory government don’t seem to understand

You don’t need a police force when you’ve got vacuous statements and meaningless sound-bites from Theresa May and Tory Central Office.

bsims
    Free Member

…now strictest gun laws in USA

What are they out of interest? How do they keep control of guns in a city that large?

kimbers

I see that the warm weather has provided plenty of straw for ninfan to get building his men with 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

maybe if the the British police are so under resourced they should concentrate on proper crimes?

Got something you don’t want them to look at? I assume you have your time booked off to cheer Donald the saviour through the streets. Now that is something the met don’t need to deal with. Perhaps if people try and kill him the met could ignore that.

v8ninety

On the contrary, i have all the time for the genuinely needy in society, what i come across far too often however are people who want to blame everything and everyone else for their situation.

Not everyone in a tough situation is there because they are a victim, plenty have made awful decisions, played with drink or drugs, refused to put in the effort at work etc…when i come across that i’ll happy call it for what it is.

Yep, heard it all before, and it’s still bollocks. I’ve felt like it too in the past. What you fail to get is that whilst you might be right in the individual cases that you see, what you do see is a massively unrepresentative sample of society. Yes the idiots that you see are idiots. But if those idiots had been allowed more opportunity, they would either be more capable idiots that you’d never meet, or maybe they wouldn’t even be idiots. It’s easy for people who are born with opportunities open to them to castigate those who were never afforded it, when instead they should be directing their ire at the system that doesn’t allow opportunity and those that maintain and benefit from that system.

deviant
    Free Member

On the contrary v8, my ire is almost exclusively reserved for those who have had the opportunities and balls’d it up….born into a couple of drug addict parents?…barely attended school?…life of crime from childhood onwards?…you’ve been dealt a crappy hand and deserve all the help society can muster.

Born into an ordinary working class family?…thought it was cool to bunk off school despite your parents urging you to go?…decided not to work after school but sold weed instead?…now in your early 30s with no quals, no house, no job etc?…your fault…no sympathy from me.

Good start in life?…successful career?…kids?…wife?…house?…threw it all away because you couldn’t leave the bottle alone?…your fault.

I meet (professionally and socially) so many people who f¤#k things up themselves…i just don’t have any sympathy for them.

v8ninety

I’ve seen your previous posts. It doesn’t feel like those are the only people that you haven’t got sympathy for. If I’m wrong, I apologise. But that’s how you come across sometimes. I appreciate that your job can give you a particularly dark and cynical outlook compared to most.

deviant
    Free Member

Make no mistake my sense of humor is vile but that was the case before I joined the job.

I’m from a very ordinary family, grand parents were WW2 refugees from Poland and the Channel islands…came to the UK with bugger all, mother was one of nine children, neither parent attended university, neither did my sister or me, sister while we’re on the subject is a single mum…privileged we are not…but none of us have criminal records, all of us work for a living so I find it a bit rich when people from similar or better backgrounds moan about their lot in life…like I said, if you’ve been shat into this world to hideous parents that don’t deserve a child then you have my sympathy…otherwise pull on your big boy pants and sort your life out.

batfink
    Free Member

The way London is going currently (a 12 and 15 yr old dead today) they’ll be no gangs to worry about soon…Darwinism innit?…let the idiots slaughter each other.

No – thats not darwinism.  Darwinism would be that the strongest gang kills everyone else and becomes a hugely successful criminal enterprise.  Which is exactly what would happen if we adopted your suggested approach.

Also – do you view that 12 year old as a victim of his circumstances?  Or do you think he made a informed decision to join a gang, and therefore got what was coming to him?  Because it sounds like the latter…..

Northwind

“Darwinism would be that the strongest gang kills everyone else and becomes a hugely successful criminal enterprise.”

That already happened, it’s how we got royals and nations.

deviant
    Free Member

Also – do you view that 12 year old as a victim of his circumstances?  Or do you think he made a informed decision to join a gang, and therefore got what was coming to him?

…well, if the cap fits.

batfink
    Free Member

Also – do you view that 12 year old as a victim of his circumstances?  Or do you think he made a informed decision to join a gang, and therefore got what was coming to him?

…well, if the cap fits

Niiiiiiiice – I like the way you’ve tried to weasle out of actually saying that a 12 year old child deserved to get shot – you’ve got to draw the line somewhere, right?  It’s ok, I think we can all see that’s what you meant.

tjagain

Deviant – the classic mistake of seeing the deserving and the undeserving poor / victims.

batfink
    Free Member

Deviant – the classic mistake of seeing the deserving and the undeserving poor / victims

Which is why the example of the 12 year old boy is interesting – obviously not capable of making an informed life choices, however, got was was coming to him according to some.

Or maybe Deviant was just being provocative?

Viewing 40 posts - 13,321 through 13,360 (of 23,065 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.