• This topic has 23,110 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 4 hours ago by reeksy.
Viewing 40 posts - 11,681 through 11,720 (of 23,111 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • kimbers

Meuller must have some proper dirt on him in those bank records !

Maybe he’s just so desperate to leave a legacy that he thinks this might work out well 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

I think he just craves people hollering and whooping and clapping him. There are enough people in America to provide this for him in response to his otherwise inexplicable stupidity. I reckon.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Interesting decision by the Donald…. not sure what he gains from it? Must be some profit in it somewhere I just can’t see it?

May be it’s the Profit Mohamed?

Did you see that, word play innit

Northwind

Ninfan’s post is actually pretty funny, and it’s good to know that the needless destabilisation of the middle east won’t just cause misery.

Poopscoop

mikey74 – Member
    To quote Michael Caine:

“Some men just want to watch the World Burn”

I agree. I think it’s that simple.

frankconway

He doesn’t understand the implications of any of his actions.
    It’s all about his ‘place in history’.
    It’s well documented he has no interest in detail, limited understanding of US history; no interest in international affairs – unless they involve women.
    Will he accept responsibility for the fallout which will result from this and for the vapourisation of any peace accord between palestine & israel?
    Hmmmm – no; the odious cretin will attempt to take credit for anything positive and deny responsibility for anything negative; as he does with everything he says and does.

ninfan
    Free Member

Obama ambassador to Israel says it isn’t a big deal 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEPWBKlg_lA[/video]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well everybody else does, what your point there? Is it that Obama was just as bad or that Trump got let off?

It’s a terrible idea and is making provoking people.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And for a step by step guide to why it is a problem the ABC has a nice article to read.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-07/why-trump-recognising-jerusalem-as-israels-capital-is-complex/9236268

nickc

Eh? Trumps siding with the Israelis?

Worst
    Nazi
    Ever!

Just so we’re all clear on what Trump’s Alt right Nazi sympathiser friends think about Israeli

Richard Spencer, one of the leaders of the Charlottesville rally, gave an astonishing example of this, saying “antisemites for Israel” philosophy. “Jews are vastly over-represented in what you would call ‘the establishment’ and white people are being dispossessed from this country,” he said of the US. Yet he continued: “An Israeli citizen, someone who has a sense of nationhood and peoplehood, and the history and experience of the Jewish people, you should respect someone like me who has analogue feelings about whites. You could say I am a white Zionist – in the sense that I care about my people, I want us to have a secure homeland for us and ourselves. Just like you want a secure homeland in Israel.”

For those not so up to date on the who’s who of American Nazi’s (and why would you be) Richard Spencer is the man who chanted “Heil Trump” during a Washington rally. His followers responded with the Nazi salute…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Well done to Trump on Israel, he has significant cross party support too. He’s also working on ending funding to Palestinian Authority who divert aid money to pay terrorists. As the UK government said Jerusalem will be the Israeli capital in any two state solution – so why not recognise it now ? It’s been the Jew’s capital for 3000 years. When the Palestinjans are prepared to come to negotiations and end terrorism maybe they’ll get their recognition too. Their experience is clear, the longer they repeat the “Three Nos” the less they get and the further away from their goal they become

Terrorists intent on the destruction of Israel have responded by saying there will be more terrorism. Not a big surpirse there and any real difference at all ? Hamas have been calling for the “third Intifada” for 2 years

Trump a man good to his word and getting the job done

Travel Ban confirmed by Supreme Court
    Wall in progress (much more to do)
    Significant and transformational tax reform
    Obama Care – currently blocked by Republicans who don’t think Trump is radical enough
    Recognition of Jerusalem as capital and movement of Embassy (first legislated for under Bill Clinton)

BigDummy
    Free Member

Interesting article here on American Evangelicals and Israel.

It’s conceivable that he (and Kushner?) are just calculating that peace is impossible and the only real endgame is the full displacement of the remaining Palestinians so he may as well get the kudos from his base for backing the Israelis as fully as possible. 😐

kimbers

Yep he’s managed to unite the entire world in condemnation (apart from the Philippines & Czech republic!)
    Similarly with his Muslim ban.

It’s almost as if he wants to promote division….

Speaking of which how’s the wall and have Mexico paid yet?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Trump a man good to his word and getting the job done

Travel Ban confirmed by Supreme Court
    Wall in progress (much more to do)
    Significant and transformational tax reform
    Obama Care – currently blocked by Republicans who don’t think Trump is radical enough
    Recognition of Jerusalem as capital and movement of Embassy (first legislated for under Bill Clinton)
    Yep in 11 months that is all he has achieved. Startling how little progress he has made despite having full control of both houses – embarrassing really.

On the move and getting other people involved to justif things….

In 1993, former president Bill Clinton also came to office saying he supported ‘the principle’ of moving the US embassy to Jerusalem

But this wasn’t a promise. In 2000, in his last year as president, Mr Clinton told Israeli reporters:

“I have always wanted to move our embassy to west Jerusalem. We have a designated site there. I have not done so because I didn’t want to do anything to undermine our ability to help to broker a secure and fair and lasting peace for Israelis and for Palestinians.

Meanwhile the world condemns him
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-07/donald-trump-recognises-jerusalem-as-israels-capital/9234228

We know you are very pro israel and can’t acknowledge any thing they do as bad but this is not a one sided problem and it can’t be fixed from one side. Until significant pressure is put on israel nothing will change. Pandering to them and rewarding them will not help the situation.

enfht
    Free Member

Eh? Trumps siding with the Israelis?

Worst
    Nazi
    Ever!

😆

And since when has Trump been ‘friends’ with Richard Spencer?

The black panthers supported Obama so by that measure Obama is a black supremacist 😆 (as well as a race baiter)

Let’s hope Trump goes after Venezuela next and we can all watch Corbyn/McDonald go into complete meltdown. Might need a lot of popcorn 😆

bruneep
    akira

Eh? Trump?
    Worst
    Ever!

Fixed

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I wonder if his last tweet will read
    “Biggest crowd ever for a sentencing hearing”

and on the not wanting to talk about what was said in the meeting, I think the words were if there is nothing to hide then why not just tell us, no smoke without fire or are we still sticking with

jambalaya
    Free Member

The BBC is starting to get it. Middle East priorities are Iran and from Gulf’s perspective Qatari support of terrorism

As custodians of Islam’s holy sites, Jordan and Saudi Arabia have issued warnings that this move could inflame the Muslim world.

But the Arab revolutions have shifted priorities away from the Palestinian cause towards containing Iran, especially among the Gulf states.
    For that they have formed a quiet intelligence co-operation with Israel, and need Mr Trump onside.

If the Gulf Arab leaders make a lot of noise over Jerusalem but take no action, it will be further proof of a new Middle East.

ninfan
    Free Member

Interesting, turns out that this comes within days of The King of Jordan visiting US on a working visit.

http://www.jordantimes.com/news/local/king-heads-us-working-visit

Go figure…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Amazingly a response nobody could even have anticipated
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-07/hamas-leader-calls-for-new-uprising/9238346

The Palestinian militant group Hamas has called for a new uprising against Israel after US President Donald Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as the Israeli capital.

Endorsing the illegal occupation of Jerusalem leads to more trouble. If only there were some people who could have advised him.

franksinatra

I’ve missed the past 300 or so pages of this thread so excuse my ignorance but, quick question please. Is jambalaya trolling or is he actually a Trump fan?

Tenuous
    Free Member

I’ve missed the past 300 or so pages of this thread so excuse my ignorance but, quick question please. Is jambalaya trolling or is he actually a Trump fan?

You’re assuming it can’t be both.

deviant
    Free Member

As custodians of Islam’s holy sites, Jordan and Saudi Arabia have issued warnings that this move could inflame the Muslim world.

The Palestinian militant group Hamas has called for a new uprising against Israel after US President Donald Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as the Israeli capital.

Endorsing the illegal occupation of Jerusalem leads to more trouble.

What!?

That doesn’t sound like our peace loving Muslim friends.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ah Katie Hopkins is back.
    Taking one side in the middle east is like playing parents off against each other. Pointless and stupid.

BoardinBob

Almost unanimous global condemnation of Trump’s announcement yesterday, yet one of our resident clownshoes applauds it. Away back under your bridge.

deviant
    Free Member

Trump has been decisive, some other world leaders could learn a thing or two.

God knows the Jews deserve a country and Jerusalem is the logical capital of that country.
    After their shocking treatment in ww2 youd think this is the least the world could do for them….wouldn’t you expect their friendly religious, peace loving neighbours to feel the same way?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It isn’t really if you had any knowledge of the history of the region. It’s a site that is massively significant to 3 global religions who all have strong ties to the sites there.
    Perhaps you should take the time to learn something
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-07/why-trump-recognising-jerusalem-as-israels-capital-is-complex/9236268

Jerusalem is not only a Jewish city

About one in five Israelis are in fact Israeli Arabs — effectively Palestinians who have Israeli citizenship.

And beyond the “green line” that separates Israel from occupied territory, Palestinians still make up much, if not most, of the population in East Jerusalem.

For them, it is unthinkable that their own capital in a future state could be anywhere but Jerusalem.

Jerusalem is sacred not just to Jews

The old, walled city of Jerusalem is sacred not just to Jews, but equally to Muslims and Christians.

The Western Wall pre-dates both Christianity and Islam. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre is where Christians believe Jesus was crucified.

And the Al Aqsa mosque and famous gold-roofed Dome of the Rock represent the third most holy site in the world for Muslims, after Mecca and Medina.

Although Israel controls access to the Temple Mount, above the Western Wall, an Islamic trust known as the Waqf retains authority over the Muslim holy sites.

Indeed, so volatile are the sensitivities over the site, Jews allowed onto the Temple Mount under strict controls are banned from overtly praying.

The sight of Jews even bowing their heads in prayer has led to violence in the past.

As for the peace loving people of the region neither side is innocent. There are atrocities being carried out by both sides. Why pick one?

GrahamS

Trump has been divisive

FTFY

ninfan
    Free Member

Let’s see if we can guess which former President said this:

Let me be clear. Israel’s security is sacrosanct. It is non-negotiable. The Palestinians need a state that is contiguous and cohesive, and that allows them to prosper — but any agreement with the Palestinian people must preserve Israel’s identity as a Jewish state, with secure, recognised and defensible borders. Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel and it must remain undivided

deviant
    Free Member

Why pick one?….

….perhaps because of this:

above the Western Wall, an Islamic trust known as the Waqf retains authority over the Muslim holy sites.

Indeed, so volatile are the sensitivities over the site, Jews allowed onto the Temple Mount under strict controls are banned from overtly praying.

The sight of Jews even bowing their heads in prayer has led to violence in the past.

How delightfully tolerant…not even allowed to bow your head FFS…but every other religion is expected to tolerate halal slaughter, subjugation of women, the burqa, open homophobia, etc from Muslims…lovely, coming to a town near you soon.

Perhaps if Islam had been through a reformation or enlightenment like the other two monotheistic religions we wouldn’t have so many problems….but it didn’t, it’s backwards and if it’s followers can’t see that then nuke the middle east of the barbarians and start again.

akira

I wonder what that nice Mr.Mueller is up to.

GrahamS

How delightfully tolerant…not even allowed to bow your head FFS..

Yeah you’d never get Christians doing that sort of thing at a holy site in Jerusalem, like for instance beating the crap out of each other because someone moved a chair or a small wooden ladder:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S1_m-aPz4M[/video]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I expect deviant there would be calm and restrained when somebody invaded his home took his land and forced him out to a refugee camp.

pk13

no surprise that the crowds are massing and clashes reported.
    at least trumps making an impact in the stone throwing and flag burning industry. all those miners can start selling coal to the Arabs for chucking at the Israel police.

franksinatra

I wonder what that nice Mr.Mueller is up to.

and that is the very point isn’t it? Today, we are not talking about it.

The terrifying question is though what measures will Trump have to take to distract the world when Mueller really gets going?

akira

Even when Trump gets what he deserves the damage he has done will take a long time to heal. I’m wondering what the death toll for the health insurance fiasco will be.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Perhaps if Islam Deviant and people like him had been through a reformation or enlightenment like the other two monotheistic religions other rational people we wouldn’t have so many problems….but it didn’t he hasn’t, it’s he’s backwards…

There fixed.

ninfan
    Free Member

I expect deviant there would be calm and restrained when somebody invaded his home took his land and forced him out to a refugee camp.

Somewhat of a misrepresentation of what happened in 1967, isn’t it? You also appear to have missed what happened to the residents of the Jewish Quarter between 1948 when East Jerusalem was occupied by Jordan and 67 when it was “illegally occupied” by Israel (after being attacked unprovoked by, well, everyone else in the region combined, with the intent of pushing them into the Sea) I wonder what would have happened to the Israelis if that had been sucessful – despite the fact that the invasion was to sieze land that had almost entirely been bought fair and square off the Arabs (And I’ll call them Arabs, because of course, they werent Palestinians, they were Arab residents of the Ottoman empire, Palestine was a region, not a country)

“For the first time in 1,000 years not a single Jew remains in the Jewish Quarter. Not a single building remains intact. This makes the Jews’ return here impossible.”

Tell me, what were the Jews from Jerusalems Jewish Quarter supposed to do? remain calm and restrained when somebody invaded their home, took their land and forced them out to a refugee camp?

There are atrocities being carried out by both sides. Why pick one?

Indeed – so why do you always appear to side with the anti-semites?

maxtorque

The very reason the vast majority of sensible, smart and educated people recommend a “cautious” approach to the situation in the Middle East is very much because it is a complex, multifaceted and historical problem. It isn’t going to be solved tomorrow, and it certainly isn’t going to be solved by a single state making some (pretty much pointless) statement that helps no cause but their own.

Trump, is an idiot, he has poor judgement and is incapable of making a rational, logical decision. In fact, he is entirely “reactive”. His “policies” consist of short outbursts on what ever he has just been talking about with whoever last spoke to him.
    We shouldn’t be surprised that he announces the “Best thing since sliced bread” today, only to do a complete about-face tomorrow when he finds out there is something better (usually something that makes him richer, makes him have more “power” or something that can make him look more “right” about something.)

Viewing 40 posts - 11,681 through 11,720 (of 23,111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.