Viewing 40 posts - 2,321 through 2,360 (of 2,820 total)
  • Dominic Cummings !
  • zippykona

I guess Labour would stand a better chance against gove at a general election,mainly because gove looks like a total knob.

kerley
    Free Member

I guess Labour would stand a better chance against gove at a general election,mainly because gove looks like a total knob.

That didn’t stop Johnson winning

dannyh
    Free Member

Schadenfreude aside, the majority will still think Johnson is a lad

That’s the bottom line. Sadly it is not just the standard of politics that has taken a nosedive in the last 6-7 years. The intellect and attitude of a large section of the UK morons electorate has too.

kelvin

Secretly recording govt meetings- Shouldn’t he be straight in prison for that?

The last few weeks have told us how much this government does its shady business outside “govt meetings”… the stuff that has been either leaked by “someone” or Cummings has shared has been from where officials have been absent (private txt messages or conversations). The public interest in sharing details of conversations held in such as way as to keep it away from official “government” channels is strong.

binners

I’m sure that we must have reached the point with this lot that when they do have official meetings, with civil servants present, they just sit there in an awkward silence.

All government business seems to now be conducted via private WhatsApp messages

MoreCashThanDash

Green MPs seem to have more integrity but we will never know

Because people won’t make a stand because if FPTP

Cougar

When Cameron went, everyone (with a shred of integrity) cheered. And then they installed May.

When May went, everyone (with a shred of integrity) cheered. And then they installed Johnson.

If Johnson goes, we are balls deep into “be careful what you wish for” territory.

kimbers

If Johnson goes, we are balls deep into “be careful what you wish for” territory

I’m guessing Cummings would want his chum Gove in the job, but Gove is electorally repulsive

Im sure the tory vultures are circling, but brand Boris is a big part of the Tories appeal, losing him would be a dangerous move.

It all comes down to how vindictive Cummings is, and even then, Cummings not as smart as he thinks he is by a long way.

dannyh
    Free Member

If Johnson goes, we are balls deep into “be careful what you wish for” territory.

Priti Patel is Home Secretary. Makes you think…

Flaperon

I’m guessing Cummings would want his chum Gove in the job, but Gove is electorally repulsive

Actually, what’s happened to Gove? Not heard a peep out of him for weeks.

tjagain

gove is leading the anti SNP unit at Westminster. apparently he is the man to save the union from nasty Nikki

frankconway

Wait until his select committee appearance in May; he and Gove have their gameplan in place.

kimbers

Northwind

tjagain

gove is leading the anti SNP unit at Westminster. apparently he is the man to save the union from nasty Nikki

And you never know, at some point we might find out how much taxpayer’s money has effectively been spent on political campaigns and FB adverts in the runup to this scottish election, and add that to the sleaze pile.

tjagain

there are certainly several pro union outfits have sprung up and keep on placing ads on facebook etc

PJM1974
    Free Member

Given that so much anti-lockdown propaganda is being funded and broadcast by several prominent Tory donors and several numbskull Tory MPs, I’d be amazed if there were a single senior Tory who hasn’t echoed the sentiments published on the front page of the Daily Heil this morning. We’re all cannon fodder for the libertarian view that people should just accept dying as a sacrifice to the economy – the very same economy that’s tanking thanks to Brexit.

As for Alexander de Pfeffel’s continued lambasting in the press, this sort of thing happens every time that a Tory PM goes off-script. They did it with May and will do so with the next incumbent. The depressing reality is that there’s no shortage of congenital incompetents and/or sociopaths waiting in the wings who’d privatise their own grandmothers on a whim if it would help make one of their mates rich(er).

TheBrick
    Free Member

Cummings not as smart as he thinks he is by a long way

Maybe, but he is a lot smarter than his previous employers.

sobriety
    Free Member

That’s a pretty low bar though.

TheBrick
    Free Member

All of us who do care need to keep kicking up stink. There’s more of us than we realise, but too many are silent

‘They’ voted for this lot is always quite convenient when casting blame. Actually as a nation we kind of vote on a vaguely right of centre basis but the electoral system spits out a right wing landslide. A bit like brexit. 52/48 and you’d think we’d have got a compromise sensible single market type thing, but no, we get a batshit version.

Well it for combined with splintered politics.
    The Tories sweep up social conservatives (probably most of their support), free market conservatives together. A few of the more nuuter socially conservative are members of UKIP or whatever the latest bat shit mental party Nigel has started to suck money out of the stupid and try and influence Tory part policy but not in significant numbers.

In the opposing corner we have:
    Labour grabing hardened trade unionists, and navel gazing idealistic people telling everyone how things should be not how they are, ignoring where we are and demonising none believers, a few extra ex new Labour realists have been largely beaten out.
    Lib Dems grabs a lot of middle road people but tend to tell people they can’t have their cake and eat (which for some reason people don’t like) it but can’t be trusted and it’s a “wasted vote”.
    Greens now diverging into labours land but with more ambitious bgreen targets and no trade union support.
    SNP are obviously happy with this split as it furthers their cause to have a Tory government.

Until something splits the Tories, or something splits labour allowing libdems and labour to join forces in some way or fptp is removed the conservatives are in such a strong position they will only be out of power for very limited periods imo.

kerley
    Free Member

Until something splits the Tories, or something splits labour allowing libdems and labour to join forces in some way or fptp is removed the conservatives are in such a strong position they will only be out of power for very limited periods imo.

Which has already been the case for almost the last 100 years hasn’t it apart from that period when the Blair (boo, hiss, tory lite etc,.) government had a longish stay. With SNP now taking such a number of seats from Labour it is never going back.

dannyh
    Free Member

Nothing will split the Tories now they’ve realised (in no small part thanks to Dominic Cumstains) how thick the electorate is.

poly
    Free Member

SNP are obviously happy with this split as it furthers their cause to have a Tory government.

I think that’s probably a little unfair. There will be some in the SNP who prefer this, others would probably prefer that there was a labour minority government and they held the balance of power, and I’m quite sure there is a faction in SNP who would rather we had a UK that works for Scotland (perhaps a federal system, major electoral reform) but as nobody has seemed interested in that Indy becomes the alternative. But, lets be clear the shitshow that is Brexit helped the SNP in the short term but now faces them with the “Border problem”. It would be somewhat ironic if as part of Indy negotiations the SNP were to actually find a solution for the Border issue which then is used to fix the NI border issue.

You have to be careful jumping from “in some ways that helps them” to “they prefer this” or “are happy with it”.

nickc

Nothing will split the Tories now they’ve realised (in no small part thanks to Dominic Cumstains) how thick the electorate is.

And they can lie with impunity and no-one will pick them up on it. See: 40 hospitals, Jeremy Corbyn is a friend of terrorists, No border in the Irish Sea, EU borders with Turkey etc etc. It’s the new normal.

nickc

So, our man is to present himself in front a parliamentary select committee this week. What are the odds that he’ll 1. insult someone’s intelligence (I think the odds on that have to be pretty small don’t they?) 2. He’ll drop Johnson in it, up to his neck, 3. It won’t make the slightest bit of difference to Johnson polling. 4. that vein on his head will finally go bang…

kelvin

1, 2 & 3 are nailed on. 4 is just wishful thinking.

He can play a long game though… 3 may well change a year or two down the line, based on the seeds sown this year… who knows.

dissonance

1, 2 & 3 are nailed on. 4 is just wishful thinking.

Yeah his recent tweets give a good idea of it. I do like his consistent blaming of people in charge. If only he had been in a influential position in number 10 instead of being stuck on the sidelines just think what he could have achieved.

maccruiskeen

It won’t make the slightest bit of difference to Johnson polling.

The thing with Cummings is – when he was cosy with Boris everyone thought he was a dick – but he was their dick so they were prepared to tolerate him if they thought it got them what they wanted. Now he’s out the door nobody cares what bombshells he drops because now he’s just a dick.

binners

I think Dom might be in for a stern lesson in his true place in the grand scheme of things, now he’s no longer got the ear of the emperor.

He’ll drop what he thinks are bombshells, but aren’t, a few political journalists will wet their pants with excitement, Twitter will go mental for a couple of hours, they’ll do a special 10 minute thing on Newsnight, mostly talking about Barnard Castle and Boris will just shrug and carry on as normal, poll ratings unaffected.

Dom will then spend the rest of his life even more bitter than before, furiously writing long blogs that no-body will ever read, sat in his room in his piss-stained joggers like the overgrown teenager he is

MoreCashThanDash

I think binners has it. Unless Cummings has a tape of Boris saying “**** it, let them die” he’ll just come across as an angry bitter has been.

willard

And I would put money on Johnson, even with a tape saying that, will just carry on as normal, without people giving much of shit.

If the last year has taught us anything, it’s that that lying, bullshitting sack of shit can do no wrong in the eyes of his voter base because he’s “just Boris”.

Cummings will need evidence of criminal wrongdoing, legit crimes being committed in a way that cannot be swept under the carpet or dead-catted for it to take down Johnson.

piemonster

Yep, I don’t think theres anything Dom is likely to have that will cause lasting damage that anybody cares about.

Tin Foil On/Would not surprise me at all if there happened to be a number of record vaccination days coming up./Tin Foil Off

joepud
    Free Member

He’ll drop what he thinks are bombshells, but aren’t, a few political journalists will wet their pants with excitement, Twitter will go mental for a couple of hours, they’ll do a special 10 minute thing on Newsnight, mostly talking about Barnard Castle and Boris will just shrug and carry on as normal, poll ratings unaffected.

Bang on. Very few people will care or even know Dom is going to be interviewed this week. I feel the majority of the population mostly apathetic to the whole Tory gov. Its like oh surprise surprise they are all bent and lie all the time.

PrinceJohn

Without the Worzel Gummidge/Honey Monster hybrid running things I do wonder if they’d be polling quite so well…

kelvin

Its like oh surprise surprise they are all bent and lie all the time.

It feels increasingly, well, Russian.

Pieface

I expect Prince Harry will probably do an unexpected press conference the same day.

dazh

Presume we’re all watching this morning? Not getting a lot of work done here 🙂

kimbers

Going for a bike ride

I dont need to see that egomaniac auto fellate his own importance and dump all blame on everyone but himself

binners

Got it on the radio. Don’t know why I’m bothering

To summarise: It’s everybody else’s fault, not mine

willard

I was promised that he would be “napalming” Johnson. Please tell me that the media were not misleading me.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,321 through 2,360 (of 2,820 total)

The topic ‘Dominic Cummings !’ is closed to new replies.