Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 2,820 total)
  • Dominic Cummings !
  • tjagain

Binbins – by sunday 31st May.

dudeofdoom

In the last month, my best mate couldn’t be present for the birth of his daughter, my cousin likewise, and my great auntie Jean, after dying in a care home, had a funeral attended by 2 people.

To see the Tories now pretending that Cummings’ only sin is just caring too much about his family is the absolute pinnacle of cuntishness.

I think in this the case the swearfilter is correct.

A lot of people have stuck to the rules thru very harsh circumstances to stop the spread and they weren’t in the public eye driving the bus.

theotherjonv

Durham is low risk.

The virus would only go there if it couldn’t get in to Oxford or Cambridge.

Very good.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

I’ve lost track of the number of senior officials in all sorts of places that have broken the rules in their countries at the time that are still there.

I think it was the Canadian PM whose wife had COVID. Gave a speech about how “we are all in it together”.” We all have to do our part”. Then proceeded to say not to cross provincial borders (police were actually Manning roadblocks in places) don’t travel to second homes, don’t travel for Easter, don’t visit family with whom you don’t reside. So he shipped his wife ad kids off to the second home across a border, then a few weeks later did the same himself to visit them for Easter then came back. Pretty sure he is still in post.

We might all be in it together, it’s just some of us are more in it than others. Plus ca change.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

From today’s coordinated dissembling by ministers (Gove especially good at this), should we be learning that if you have small children and obeyed the rules on isolating your household if Covid19 was suspected, then you are guilty of poor parenting?

It’s just a timely reminder that this cabinet of mediocrity does not give a flying **** for the people of this country. They will ride you into the ground in the quest to keep their grubby paws on the reins of power.

MrOvershoot

binners
    Subscriber

Remember when the BBC used to have a reputation for independent and impartial journalism?

At the moment they’ve about as much credibility as Fox News or Russia Today

You would think people could see that but nearly every HYS on the BBC News web site is stuffed with people seeing the complete opposite?
    Most of them claiming the “left wing BBC lovies” are always after the Conservatives and never make any criticism of Labour!
    Christ on a bike they must be so indoctrinated from reading the Daily Wail and lapping up every word spewed from Crazy Frog’s mouth.

jekkyl

stumpyjon

Meanwhile our virus control measures are lack luster at best and we’re destroying the education of a whole generation of kids, trashing the economy, destroying people’s lives through job losses and business collapses in the main to protect people over 65 who think it’s their God given right to go to the garden centre.

Brilliant mate. very good.

Northwind

onehundredthidiot

So he and wife were both at “home” isolating but needed child care. At home need child care.

It’s totally possible that they could have been too ill to look after the kids. Except that if they were, they couldn’t have driven 250 miles to his parents’. And his wife’s article specifically says that he lay in bed for 10 days while she looked after the kids.

It is a conundrum eh.

theboatman
    Free Member

Says quite a bit about him that he had no one within 250 miles that could help with childcare.

RustySpanner

Bet they have a nanny in London.

MoreCashThanDash

In the last month, my best mate couldn’t be present for the birth of his daughter, my cousin likewise, and my great auntie Jean, after dying in a care home, had a funeral attended by 2 people.
    To see the Tories now pretending that Cummings’ only sin is just caring too much about his family is the absolute pinnacle of cuntishness.

Very much this. And the fact that Spectator articles by his wife and himself appear to contradict the stories being spun, and I’m not seeing any “journalist” challenging them on what have to be lies

kelvin

bruneep

read his wifes account the child was with him

https://spectator.us/getting-coronavirus-bring-clarity/amp/

binners

You’re on TJ. Greenhalghs are open again.

I’m still convinced he’s going absolutely nowhere as he’s our de facto PM. They’re not even putting up any pretense that he’s not anymore.

Dom is only going when Dom decides its time to go, and he’s still got his Brexit mission to complete.

So he’ll be staying put until the wrecker-in-chief has driven this country’s economy off a cliff. He’s already got a bit of a head start with all this and the added bonus of tens of thousands of dead drains-on-the-exchequer

pondo

Off of that Twitter;

Wait ’til people find out he was in Durham for his mother’s 71st birthday party and his brother in law lives in London and could have provided emergency childcare.

dazh

Been a while since I watched a daily presser, but this one is great. Watching Shapps flapping trying talk his way round the obvious conflict between Cummings doing one thing while the lockdown rules say the other is quite something. You can only imagine what must be going on behind the scenes right now. All these ministers will be seething that they’re having to take flak from the media and made to look like idiots to defend Cummings’ indefensible actions. They’re not going to put up with it for much longer. I’m with TJ, he’ll be gone by next week. This sort of storm is not going to blow itself out, and the longer it goes on the more it will damage Johnson.

tthew

Anyone watching todays government carcrash update? Grant Shapps must be gutted he draw the short straw today. Shame. 😁

Edit – oh Daz is. Shapps looks thrilled that someone just asked a question not about Cummings.

binners

I’m genuinely shocked that Boris didn’t do the prezzer today. With him being his aide I thought he would have been keen to defend him publicly.

What a crock of shit that all was. The answer seems to be “Dominic Cummings can do whatever the hell he likes”

On a positive note, next time you break your bike, Grant Shapps Will pop round and fix it for you

blitz

So in order to back Cummings, Shapps, on behalf of the government, has basically just undermined the credibility of the lockdown message for the entire nation. A level of interpretation is now implied and you can’t see how people will abide by the rules to the same extent now.

The government is now essentially risking lives to save Cummings ass. Just disgraceful.

Klunk
    Free Member

So in order to back Cummings, Shapps, on behalf of the government, has basically just undermined the credibility of the lockdown message for the entire nation. A level of interpretation is now implied and you can’t see how people will abide by the rules to the same extent now.

The government is now essentially risking lives to save Cummings ass. Just disgraceful.

but thats been implicit, (and probably by design) since they haven’t sacked him

oldnpastit

Pretty unimpressive.

mehr
    Free Member

He’ll be gone as this story will never die. As loads of other people will have a story similar to mine

I wrestled for weeks whether to go and see my Dad and finally broke lockdown to see him, two days before he died. In the previous weeks he wasn’t talkative as he’d mentally checked out so I had loads of wasted oppertunities to go and see him. Then he was buried with 10 people in attendance

**** Dominic Cummings

fadda

The response from my MP:

Dear fadda

Mr Cummings’ journey was within the rules. The Labour Health Ministers’ decision to sit in a park eating chips was not.

I am puzzled as to why nobody who has complained to be about Mr Cummings has felt the same way about Mr Gething.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11608940/labour-mp-breaks-lockdown-rules-chips-picnic/

Seems like a reasoned response, entirely professional, as befits my representative, and this has made me think much more highly of him…

onehundredthidiot

Shapps when asked whether Dom had been spoken to by the police “Mr Cummings statements says he wasn’t”, so the police are notbeing correct? Well Mr Cummings says…..

tjagain

On “spoken to by police” Cummings states “No one was spoken to” Police say ” made contact with”
    Email? Post? Telephone?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’m on leave for the coming week, I’d love to go and visit my mum, she’s barely left her home in the last ~9 weeks for food… Nevermind anything else.

We both think we had very similar mild symptoms in mid to late March and both still have good and bad days now. Ironically, my mum dropped my sister back to Wirral from her home in Prestatyn (bought at the end of last summer) the day before lockdown began and my sis hasn’t been able to work since because of post-op issues, on balance it would have done them both some good to have spent lockdown together. But my sis had obeyed the rules and not gone over the border, even for a day.

But this plonker can drive to Durham and Gove/Raab/Hancock defend his actions, at the cost of making the public at large metaphorically saying sod this lockdown for a game of soldiers? Alrighty then, wibble wobble, I’m a rusty paperclip!

Waderider
    Free Member

This is a new low. It can’t be sold as within the rules. That’s like denying the existence of water while drowning. A government bereft of morals, they’re Trumpian.

pipm1
    Free Member
    masterdabber
    Free Member

Just written to Gove, my MP unfortunately, and asked him if, given the current government reponse, he is happy if we all  follow Cummings wonderful example.

I eagerly await his bullshit response.

dannyh
    Free Member

He even has the time to add a Brexit-related retort, to remind everyone what a prick he is.

He is superhuman, though.

I mean 260-odd miles whilst being too ill to look after his kid.

I’m imagining the scene as they finally pulled up at his parents house a house near to his parents.

Like the last bit of Memphis Belle. One engine left, shot to bits, but heroically just getting there…

What a guy.

What a ****.

eskay

Just reading through the BBC live commentary and had to stop because it was making my blood boil.

My MP is that utter, utter cock rees-mogg, I wonder what response he would give if I email him?

reluctantjumper

What a crock of shit that all was. The answer seems to be “Dominic Cummings can do whatever the hell he likes”

Yep, watching that has made me incredibly angry. The vast majority of us have made massive sacrifices following the rules that Cummings and co have told us to follow. Personally I’ve had to be alone at Easter, miss my nephew’s 7th birthday where he was given a new bike that I helped buy him, not seen my parents since lockdown started despite them both being ill and most likely not here for much longer (fully understand your decision mehr, I’ve been close to doing the same a few times), missed a mate’s 40th birthday when he was back in the country for 5 days (he’s in the MOD) and limited my riding to local only and no driving to do so. Why should I have bothered doing that if the very person who makes the rules can go swanning up and down the country while he is infected without punishment? If I was to jump in the car now, drive to see my parents then come home I would be rightfully fined and told to go home if I was stopped.

If my path crosses with Cummings or Boris at any time in the future I will quite happily take one for the team and demand an apology out of them, by whatever means I can muster. They are both complete and utter ****.

crikey
    Free Member

Interesting to watch this whole circus; his apologists know he was wrong, know he and his wife lied.

They have no sense of shame, no honour.

It’s like watching people sell their souls.

crazy-legs

If my path crosses with Cummings or Boris at any time in the future I will quite happily take one for the team and demand an apology out of them, by whatever means I can muster. They are both complete and utter ****.

Milkshake works well.
    So I hear…

benpinnick

It’s like watching people sell their souls.

Like watching, because you would have to have a soul in order to sell it.

binners

When you look at how they’re all falling over themselves to back him, you do have to wonder exactly what kind of dirt he has on them all?

I reckon he could bring down the government in a heartbeat if he started blabbing, and they all know it.

AD

I’m particularly enjoying his Brexit comment too – what a classy soul. He thinks he is untouchable. Although Boris has given him ‘full backing’ which doesn’t always bode well 🙂

And to think I was genuinely conflicted about exercising for longer than an hour!

ElShalimo

Line them up against a wall, shoot the lot of them.

We could kickstart the economy by selling tickets as pay per view event.  I’ll chuck in £50 to see it, I’ll pay £5k to participate.

Anyone else?

darthpunk
    Free Member

Wouldn’t really surprise me if they’ll start spinning this out in the direction of fast tracking a reopen of everything and let’s see what happens.

All of a sudden you’ll see a massive increase in people flouting lock down completely and Bojo and the **** wit party will announce that due to the increase in numbers doing what they want they’ll just lift all restrictions and see what happens. Not like they really give much of a shit what happens to people when the economy is starting to suffer.

Did make me laugh though shen I saw that video of Dominic cum face shouting at reporters to social distance….. That might actually be the height of c***yness

kelvin

Is that the clip where he was carrying a few “look how good a father I am” props?

Still a smart cookie. He’ll get away with this in the end, I’m pretty sure.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 2,820 total)

The topic ‘Dominic Cummings !’ is closed to new replies.