Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dolche Gusto or Tassimo?
  • duckman

Anybody had experience of lazy coffee makers? We can’t decide which to buy, seems to be more choice for the tassimo system, do the pods fit each other’s machines? Any advice would be appreciated.

GrahamS

I got a Tassimo for Christmas.

Not something I would have bought for myself and I’m suffering severe eco-guilt because every coffee from it results in plastic and foil waste. 😐

I’d say the coffee is good, but not amazing.
    Better tasting than instant, less faff than a “proper” machine.

No idea how the Gusto works, but the Tassimo T-Discs™ all have a barcode on them that tells the machine how much water to put through, what temperature to heat it to etc. So the results are very consistent.

Pretty sure none of the discs/pods are interchangable between machines.

You can buy the Tassimo ones in ASDA, or order online for a bigger selection (including Twinings tea, hot chocolate, fair trade etc).

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I think I have a Tassimo in the attic from Christmas last year.

Coffee is okay but got fed up with the little pods when it was almost as easy to make a caffitierre.

I was used for the pods that came free with it. It has been properly cleaned before storage. I think it is boxed if you want it cheap.

surfer
    Free Member

Probably get flamed by the “purists” but I got the Gusto because I was tired of the inconsistency of my machine.
    I’ve got to say the Lunga and Expresso are excellent and far better than anything I ever made with my pump machine (although its not an expensive model) and I just use it occasionally
    Mostly I use the Cafetierre.

duckman

Wca, yes please! My email is cardonaldrs@carnoustiehigh.angus.sch.uk if you could let me know how much you want, postage etc. Cheers Stuart

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Cafetierre

That is what I meant to spell but got over excited on the Fs and Is

surfer
    Free Member

Too much Caffeine!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dolche Gusto or Tassimo?’ is closed to new replies.