Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Doing well with weight loss but need to know how it ends
  • dantsw13

My missus used mFP, and everyday becomes a food battle, whereas on the 5/2, the odd bad day isnt a killer. I actually use mfp to construct an evening meal on fast days, usually with prawns, and loads of veg, with a bit of soy sauce and chilli. I just have no starchy/sugary food on fast days ( Typically Cup of Tea for B’fast, 1/2 Covent garden soup for lunch, veg/prawn stir fry for tea). The thing which always surprises me is that I’m not that hungry for breakfast the morning after a fast.

molgrips
    Free Member

I see this process as not being wholly unlike admitting you’re an alcoholic

If you think of sugar or high GI food as being like a drug, like fags or booze, it starts to make a lot of sense.

geetee1972
    Free Member

If you think of sugar or high GI food as being like a drug, like fags or booze, it starts to make a lot of sense.

It does indeed.

We went to the in laws over Easter; my father-in-law loves cooking puddings and we had Lemon Torte, Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Mincemeat Tart and Gache Melee (traditional Guernsey apple cake) all of which were super yummy and available with lashings of thick Guernsey cream.

I resisted until the third day then succumbed to the temptation thinking that one portion of Lemon Torte couldn’t harm anyone. But one portion led to another and another. I kept the lid on three helpings over the whole weekend but I couldn’t help but think, this is what happens when you’re an alcoholic. It’s not that like a drink it’s that you like a lot of drink/pudding.

Not having any I don’t miss it. Having only a little, I just want more.

nicko74

I do occasionally get cravings, either to just eat a whole other portion of something yummy when it’s there or otherwise to go crazy and have a curry or something. And in truth, every now and then I’ve done just that, but it’s been maybe three times since Jan.

This is daily life for many of us, y’know. It’s sad – at uni I could eat and drink until I was full and still be in reasonable shape. As I’ve got older, that magic ability has slowly disappeared, and so now even having lunch is a case of balancing what I want (more!) with what I know’s good for me (less!).

As for the cravings, that’s tough too – I get random cravings for things like Haribo occasionally, and it’s hard not to pig out. Doing exercise helps; sometimes you give in, but you have to try not to!

Good effort, anyway

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Been doing the same since January.

Lost 1.5 stone. 😀

I have cut out White bread and now have Wholemeal or Cracker biscuits,Stopped having sugar in Tea/Coffee.
    Now have Breakfast aswell,Usually Porridge with no sugar.
    Upped my Riding to 3 rides a a week,Have been averaging 67 Miles a week this year.
    I now take more fruit to work and less cake and chocolate,I still take 1 small bar of chocolate to work,as i think i still need something like that to eat.

The problems are Evenings,If not carefull i can snack out..Seem to find that Cracker biscuits and Pints of water stop the Hunger.

molgrips
    Free Member

Bear in mind that (for me at least) high GI food is actually beneficial after hard exercise as the insulin promotes your depleted muscles to take up glucose which helps recovery. It’s also anabolic.

So if you fancy something sugary, you can just go out for a short hard session beforehand. It’s a great way to motivate you to train!

(Although to be fair, it might be better to have something like maltodextrin that’s not sugary, to allow you to properly kick the cravings…..)

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Doing well with weight loss but need to know how it ends’ is closed to new replies.