Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Doing things again you said you’d never do again…
  • the-muffin-man

…just bought tickets to this years Y Not Festival. Last years event was a complete organisational shambles, utter disaster and mud-bath ending up with the final day being cancelled and refunds being issued. Our tent went in the skip and some clothes were never the same again. We vowed we’d never return even if it was free.

…but 6 months on tempers have calmed down, resolve has weakened and we’ve bought tickets again as it’s just up the road (we can pop home to clean up) and we’ve rationalised to ourselves that it just can’t be any worse than last years!* 🙂

(*it just can’t, it really can’t be!)

wiggles
    Free Member

Louise

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Starting 5 days a week, 9-5 on Monday….

RobHilton
    Free Member

Smoke cigarettes!! Quit something like 12 yeasy ago; have been deep in #monkanuary with no booze, fully vegan, no pron etc. and have lost much weight + improved fitfitness, but bizarrely have taken up the coffin nails.

WTF for I don’t know!

RustySpanner

Caving.

Green Chartreuse.

Louise’s mother in law.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Binners

zippykona

Looking at THAT thread on this very forum.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Blackpool, went in the 90s for a ‘Lads Weekend’ and hated every moment, it’s a classless, dirty dump of a place where the only people who act more like animals than the people who go there, are the people who are suppsedly there to keep you safe, the bouncers.

10 years later I was talked into going again for a stag weekend of a mate of mine… it was worse.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Scotch, along with Louise’s grandma.

dannyh
    Free Member

Her name was Ellie and I am very, very glad I did break that ‘promise’ I made myself 😉

alpin
    Free Member

Drinking. Specifically Oktoberfest.

alpin
    Free Member

“along with Louise’s grandma.”

GILF?

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Buying car parts on eBay.

Suspension bushes, front hub and track rods all knackered in less than 5k miles, total shat the lot.

alpin
    Free Member

“Smoke cigarettes!! Quit something like 12 yeasy ago; have been deep in #monkanuary with no booze, fully vegan, no pron etc. and have lost much weight + improved fitfitness, but bizarrely have taken up the coffin nails.

WTF for I don’t know!”

Strangely, I’ve made a choice to smoke again. For or five rollies a day with a beer, wine or coffee. But I know I can drop it once back home. It’s partly because I can’t enjoy a proper smoke so I resort to rollies for my kick kick kick

alpin
    Free Member

This new forum sucks.

RobHilton
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”>It’s partly because I can’t enjoy a proper smoke so I resort to rollies for my kick kick kick</span>

It’s weird, some people claim “you’ve got to have a vice” – it seems I actually do! But what a thing to pick! The best thing I’ve ever done is quit smoking, and the dumbest was start – and now I’ve done it agen.. .

What a tool!!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I dipped back into the Trump thread for a bit.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

“This new forum sucks.”

Correct. I don’t know if It’s finished yet but up to now It’s shite.

welshfarmer

Rob, as a fellow corpulent collective member… I was in the same boat last year. I seem to be able to give up the fags for years at a time, and then for no reason will have a couple (cause a couple won’t hurt!) and within a week I am back on 20 rollies a day! It was the smoking last year that knocked my competitive cycling so far off track that I ended up putting on about 5 kilos (and not winning anything!). Luckily I was able to quit over a long weekend in Snowdonia last December where I was determined not to smoke in front of my mates for the 3 days, and after that is is relatively easy. Joining the CC and losing the flab and getting back on the bike has been a very positive step too. I always reckon if you can lay off the fags for 3 days then you have it beat.

I reckon that out of the past 25 years, I have been a smoker for at least 13 of them. And have quit at least 5 times now!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Acid

wordnumb
    Free Member

Play in another band. I managed to quit for almost ten years. Really cuts into riding time.

dannyh
    Free Member

“I dipped back into the Trump thread for a bit.”

I can honestly say that vowing to avoid even opening the political threads on here has been one of the best things I have done to improve my own mood and attitude. A bit like being able to fast forward through adverts on recorded telly – wonderful being able to defeat all the attention-seekers!

“This new forum sucks”

I know all the guys and gals at STW Towers have put a lot of effort in, and I know that some people will always moan no matter what, but the ‘new’ forum really is poor. So poor in fact that I think twice about using it – so perhaps I am being culled by stealth(?)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Doing things again you said you’d never do again…’ is closed to new replies.