Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • D'oh – not enough fuel ! – F1 spoiler
  • dawson

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18047760

I call BS – they were running it light on purpose and thought they could get away with an excuse.

LH will not be a happy bunny, should make for a few more overtakes (but there have been plenty anyway this year)

donsimon
    Free Member

I call BS – they were running it light on purpose and thought they could get away with an excuse.

Of course it is and of course they did. ‘Tis funny though… 😆

cp

But Hamilton was a country mile ahead that they didn’t need to underfuel it. Doesn’t make sense for them to do it on purpose. Very very harsh penalty.

McLaren mistakes are really going to cost them this year.

The Spanish fans are going to love it.

brakes
    Free Member

the FIA really don’t like Hamilton do they?

dawson

perhaps he was only so far in front because it was underfuelled!

McLaren mistakes are really going to cost them this year.

+1 – it already is doing, they should be miles ahead

skiboy
    Free Member

ouch that’s gonna hurt a little bit, after watching the lap he put in even though he’s not my favourite driver I did feel a little sick for him, at least it’s the teams mistake/fault/error/oversight/etc and not his,

bet Pastor’s pants are a little full of wee in the morning, I wouldn’t want that lot behind me in a williams, I predict a massive error and some dukes of hazard type off roadin’ …yee ha

dee66
    Free Member

A few litres of fuel is a few kilos. Why would they bother?
    Vettel, Schumacher and Kobayashi all set no time in Q3 but start 7th 8th and 9th. If Hamiltons time can’t be counted why’s he starting 24th?

fatalbert
    Free Member

Not surprising really, have you seen the price of fuel! costs me a fortune to mow the lawn nowadays.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Because he broke the rules. They knew they were ‘interpreting the rules’ by stopping the car on track, the team only has themselves to blame and hamilton is part of that team. Starting last place on the grid is what happens.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Maclaren couldn’t organise a turd throwing party in a chimp enclosure

rOcKeTdOg

Alonso will really turn Maldo inside out on the 1st corner i reckon

Kryton57

Didn’t one of the Sauber’s stop also?

Kryton57

Article 6.6.2 of the technical regulations: “Competitors must ensure that a one litre sample of fuel may be taken from the car at any time during the event.

“Except in cases of force majeure (accepted as such by the stewards of the meeting), if a sample of fuel is required after a practice session the car concerned must have first been driven back to the pits under its own power.”

^^ “Practise session” eh? I smell a rat…

theflatboy
    Free Member

If Hamiltons time can’t be counted why’s he starting 24th?

same reason rio ferdinand got banned for missing a drugs test – principle that if no test can be taken then the presumption has to be of guilty practice.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

David Coulthard has said a lap’s worth of fuel is worth approx. 0.1seconds – so he’d got ~0.5s spare, does seem harsh & they took a big gamble running it fuelled up so lean.

loddrik
    Free Member

Unlucky Hamilton… 😆

C’mon Jensen!!!

cyclistm
    Free Member

At theflatboy, there was still fuel in the car when they stopped it, so your argument doesn’t quite follow

theflatboy
    Free Member

well the technical point as i understand it is it has to get back to the pits under its own steam with a litre of fuel in it to be tested. LH’s car didn’t, so the stewards wouldn’t/couldn’t test it hence disqualification from qualifying.

donsimon
    Free Member

At theflatboy, there was still fuel in the car when they stopped it, so your argument doesn’t quite follow

But not 1 litre in the pits, or wherever.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

When the car stopped, it had 1.3 litres in it apparently. and if it had driven back to the pits it would have less than the required 1 litre.
    Seems a bit harsh.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Feel sorry for Hamilton but McLaren claiming ‘force majeure’ when the issue was well within their control is lame, they didn’t have a leg to stand on

theflatboy
    Free Member

agreed. i feel sorry for hamilton because he undoubtedly deserved pole with that fantastic lap but they knew the rules so i don’t have much sympathy for the team. idiots.

allthepies
    Free Member

How much do the McLaren tech bods earn ? You’d think they’d get the simple stuff right.

matthewjb
    Free Member

They knew he as running light so should have got him to stop at the end of the pit lane. Vettel has done that this season.

McLaren don’t seem very organised this year. Simple errors keep costing points.

donsimon
    Free Member

Seems a bit harsh.

Rules is rules.

scaredypants

perhaps he should have had a crap before he went out and put another litre in the tank

it’s the stw way

donsimon
    Free Member

it’s the stw way

Shouldn’t he just tell the stewards that they’re wrong? That’s the STW way. 😀

muggomagic

Here’s what Gary Anderson from BBC had to say about it.

“The fuel rig guy put the rig on, but he had the handle set to drain fuel. He discovered his mistake and switched it to put fuel in the car. But as a result he didn’t put as much fuel in it as he should have. You have to be able to drive back to the pit-lane and have one litre of fuel left for the FIA to test. He went across the start-finish line 20 seconds before the chequered flag but if they had sat in the garage for three or four more seconds to get more fuel in, they still would have had time to cross the line and complete another flying lap. Sometimes I don’t think McLaren think on their feet.”

Seems like a right royal balls up. I’m guessing the fuel rig guy will be keeping out of Hamilton’s way for a while.

scaredypants

I thought we never say anything directly to the person who annoys us ?

He could log in here tonight and someone could offer to batter them on his behalf

Is there a F1 union ?

donsimon
    Free Member

I thought we never say anything directly to the person who annoys us ?

He could log in here tonight and someone could offer to batter them on his behalf

Is there a F1 union ?
    What a fool! Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

scaredypants

I’ve just been for a poo though I have no spare petrol to put in the car despite this

What a stupid waste of poo that was

hora
    Free Member

Mclaren are getting a bit of a rep for being incompetent ontop of spygate.

Hamilton should try a professionally run team now.

donsimon
    Free Member

😆

Raindog
    Free Member

I know quite a few people at Willams so I’m pleased for them. One of them is on Facebook thanking Sam Michael, who was the technical director responsible there until his mistakes caught up with him. He left, and went to Mclaren as Sporting Director. He’s in charge, amongst other things, for their pit stops 😳

samuri
    Free Member

Dear me. Think on a bit.

Tomorrow, Hamilton is going to be angrily sat at the back of the grid when those lights change to green. He’s one of the worlds top 3 F1 racing drivers and he’s in pretty much the fastest car in the world.

How much fun is it going to be watching him claw his way to the front? He’s going to drive like a mental case. He has absolutely nothing to lose from driving like an idiot.

This is BRILLIANT!

samuri
    Free Member

Seems a bit harsh.

Rules is rules.

Yeah, but he is in spain where there is no spanish word for ‘rules’.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hamilton is going to be angrily sat at the back of the grid when those lights change to green.

They haven’t used a green light for years, just 6 red ones?

Kit
    Free Member

Rules is rules.

Except when the stewards apply them at their discretion. Such as Bahrain where Hamilton broke the rules but was not penalised, right?

Konastoner
    Free Member

What I cannot believe is that he is completely disqualified from qualifying, surely his time from a run previous to the pole one should stand? It makes sense as he got through to Q3 legit.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

At least Mclaren are trying to keep it interesting, no procession for this one

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘D'oh – not enough fuel ! – F1 spoiler’ is closed to new replies.