Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dogtrackworld question: Why has my dog started howling?
  • xterramac
    Free Member

I’ve got a 1 year old Collie (Solo), he is a top bloke and never any bother, eats all his food, sleeps through the night, plays nicely with other etc (honestly he isn’t a kid replacement) anyways, over the last few days, he has started howling? Like full-on American Werewolf style!!! Anyone had a similar problem or know what’s causing it? thanks macs

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Best bet is to take him to the vet, they will probably do a blood test just to check if he may have something that could be causing him pain.

ffej
    Free Member

Does he howl at night? during the day? when left? with company?

My Springer doesn’t howl, but she will have a good bark when the foxes start their screeching at night the moment.

J

CheesybeanZ

any bitches near by that might be in season ?

Drac

Mine howls if another dog is whining, if the phone rings too long, if the kids play the recorder and certain other pitches.

It’s great for winding the Mrs up and he loves it.

xterramac
    Free Member

Thanks for advice all, I think there might be a bitch near by, in season or not , I am not sure, will ask the owner. He isn’t howling at night, its more during the day, when he is in the garden, but the mrs is out there with him (not locked out, garden office) Maybe the vets is the answer , if he keeps it up hey?

I_did_dab
    Free Member

our cocker does it in her sleep, proper Baskerville style, it sometimes wakes her up. Scared the life out of us the first time. She also howls when the kids played on a glockenspiel, and at the door bell, but the dream howl is the best…
    She’s a noisy bugger sometimes…it’s a dog thing…
    …oh and has he been *cough* done…?

xterramac
    Free Member

“…oh and has he been *cough* done…? ” No not yet, we are planning to get that sorted after xmas though. Can that be a cause then?

oomidamon

My Lab does it when she hears a siren – she just stands there, head back giving out a full-on howl. It gets some funny looks but make me laugh.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

After much training Chewie now goes bonkers when I do my Darth Vader breathing. Mrs M is not impressed.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Can that be a cause then?

he could be trying to summon some lady dogs to his party…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dogtrackworld question: Why has my dog started howling?’ is closed to new replies.