• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Mof.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dogs…Anyone got A Beagle?
  • Mof
    Free Member

Possibly looking to get a second pooch. Very much leaning towards a Beagle. Any Beagle owners on STW? Any advice appreciated. Would one mix ok with our Chihuahua? I’d be ok with another Chihuahua but missus fanices something bigger. Springer Spaniels seem to be popular on here but next door has one and I think maybe a bit too boistrous for our house.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

My sister had one for many years, and I have to say that although I love all animals including dogs, and couldn’t stand the creature. In fact I don’t think I’ve ever disliked a dog as much – it was stupid, neurotic, boring and without any personality to speak of. One day it just went missing, although she’s surrounded by fields and woodland. My sister quite liked it though – although she not really much into animals. She got a border collie afterwards – lovely dog with a real personality.

shoefiti
    Free Member

Beagle – NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO! stupid dumb ass pointless dogs – never met a good one, looked after a freinds recently for a week – pissed all over the house, escaped, scared the kids – compleate d1ckhead of a dog. get one if you are a druggy of some kind and keep forgetting where you put your doob, and train it soley for finding said stash, otherwise get a poodle hybrid or a collie cross, much nicer, vastly more intellegent and less stressful and also they appreciate human company, beagles would hump your vacume cleaner and sh1t in your weetabix.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I’ve be more concerned knowing that you want another chihuahua! 😆

paulosoxo
    Free Member

they cost a fortune.

You seen the price of fags?

thomthumb
    Free Member

my one keeps nicking my expensive havana cigars!

corroded
    Free Member

My aunt has got one: extremely neurotic (pack dog remember), pretty stupid, prone to snapping. I love dogs but the beagle is good for one thing only and that’s beagling. Avoid.

beagle
    Free Member

😥

darrell
    Free Member

only get a beagle if you are going hunting

Mof
    Free Member

Late replying again, but thanks… sound’s like a Beagle might not be a choice pooch then.. I’ll go away and have a re-think for a medium sized dog that won’t eat the Chihuahua and preferable one that doesn’t have a catalogue of inbred future problems.

mattbee

Had a Beagle bitch for 16 years. She was an escape artist, and really wilful, but was very affectionate with people she knew. Go quite jealous and terratorial though, would go for anuyone who came into the yard, but soft as shite off her territory.

Loved her to bits, and only didn’t go for another one instead of the Springer Lab cross I have now for sentimental reasons, I just didn’t think another one would be as nice as she was.

Mof
    Free Member

Well glad someone has a kind word on here, rather confusing views on the breed. Still not found a suitable alternative. I like Springers but next doors is a bit of a nut job so put me off.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dogs…Anyone got A Beagle?’ is closed to new replies.