Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Dogs crapping on our lawn
  • Mounty_73

One of our neighbours dogs is still crapping on our lawn, we have asked them 2 or 3 times not to let them on the lawns.

Its always happening when we are both at work, driveway is empty and they are just letting the dog out.

I want to catch the dog owner in the act so I can approach the landlord of the tenant. I am thinking of putting a small camera covering the front lawn.

What is the easiest/cheapest way to do this? Is it possible to set up a webcam connected to a PC and get some recording software?

Any suggestions please? Thanks.

jimmy748

I presume they have a letter box. Job jobbed.

Mounty_73

If I knew 100% which dog it was, it would be dropped through the kitchen window, not the letterbox!! lol

mattyfez

Yiu can buy IP WiFi cameras for about £30. Ironically designed to monitor pet behaviour when you’re out, you can log in via your smart phone.

dhrider
    Free Member

Amazon Blink XT cameras are motion sensitive so will start to record when they sense motion.

onehundredthidiot

Neos 12sec clip but the notification allows you to then live record.

funkmasterp

What’s with all the actual helpful advice? I’ll attempt to restore order.

Take a massive shit on their lawn every time the dog curls one out on your lawn. Escalation is your friend.

Or

It’s your fault for not having your lawn fenced off.

There, that feels better.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Amazon Blink SHI-T cameras are motion sensitive so will start to record when they sense movements

FTFY

perchypanther
    Free Member

Deploy the tranquilliser sausage

ross980
    Free Member

Deploy the tranquilliser sausage

There’s so many places this thread could go after that comment

thegreatape
    Free Member

Get a shovel and chuck it at their house.

singletrackmind

kitchen roll
    lighter fluid
    dog turd
    then employ the ultimate game of upping the ante
    I mean , who doesnt love stamping on a flaming dog turd on their doormat?

fossy

Cover their car door handles….. once you find them.

Harry_the_Spider

Scoop into paper bag.
    Place bag on doorstep.
    Set fire to bag.
    Knock on door.
    Run away.

That, or video it and tell their landlord.

zanelad
    Free Member

Don’t **** about. Smear it over a brick and put their window through. Everytime it happens. They’re taking the piss and will continue to do so until you show them that you won’t take it.

johndoh
    Free Member

The minute I knew someone was doing this I would be depositing it back into their property – there is no need for people to behave like that.

wiggles
    Free Member

Put a small fence around the lawn so dog doesn’t go on it?

duncancallum

Hammer frozen sausages in his lawn.

Dog will dig them up….

Ps not my idea shamelessly stolen from another forum….

seosamh77
    Free Member

Buy a Tiger.

timbog160

Get a sheep. Put it on your lawn. Then you are entitled to shoot the dog.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hammer frozen sausages in his lawn.

Lol, a classic!.

Kahurangi

Sounds like the OP has multiple neighbours who could be the potential perpetrator, so we need to verify who before we go scorched earth and picolax laced sausages.

Doh1Nut

Yi home camera £30
    6 second clip sent to app
    all movement recorded on SD card

tthew

Get an airgun and shoot them.

The owners, not the dogs obvs.

Mounty_73

We have 3 neighbours with dogs and I know (99%) which one it is, I just need proof as the landlord of the tenant lives in the area and gives us a bottle of wine or two for cutting a small lawn which belongs to the (offending dog owner).

Once I have proof, then I will vent my anger and disgust!!! We have asked him twice not to let the dog use the lawn as a toilet, but I know a dog is using the area as the grass is being killed off and the fence is being discoloured, right next to the pile of dog shit!

mrchrist

Can’t really see the landlord caring if his tennants let their dog go in your lawn.

bsims
    Free Member

If he doesn’t care, make sure your follow up letter contains a sample.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Put dog poo in a bag, makes holes in bag, attach bag to exhaust system of dog owner’s car

tinribz
    Free Member

Get one of those cat sensor things only wire it to megaphone that screams ‘GET THE **** OFF MY LAWN!’ really loud. Also, record that on video and post it here.

poah
    Free Member

given it is not their land and they are not picking it up they are liable for a fine and can be taken to court if they refuse to pick it up. Get it on film and then send it to the council as well.

globalti
    Free Member

Drop the poo into the slot between bonnet and windscreen on the owner’s car and give it a good prod with a stick to work it well into the cabin air intake slots?

Bunnyhop

A local councillor has made some A4 sized posters, they’re placed in certain areas where dog walkers think they can use it as a toilet and not be seen.
    The posters have a photo of eyes, it says in large print – ‘You are being watched’. These posters have been effective.
    Cheaper than a camera.

wwaswas

it says in large print – ‘You are being watched’. These posters have been effective.

dogs hate being watched while they poo.

pocpoc
    Free Member

dogs hate being watched while they poo.

Not ours – they won’t break eye contact with you. Apparently it’s something to do with them feeling vulnerable while mid-job so need to know you are there for security. Either that or they just get their kicks in weird ways.

Houns

Set up some magnets around the lawn to disrupt the earths magnetic field…. Dogs have to face North to poo, if they have no idea where North is they can’t go

catfood
    Free Member

Our next door neighbour bought two cats which promptly started using our lawn as their favoured crapping spot, they’d just stare at you as they laid cable until you opened the back door then they’d leg it. I bought one of those motion sensor water sprayers, it was like magic, not another turd was laid, after that they would only walk around the top of the fence as they were so terrified of coming in to the garden, shame I never saw their first encounter with it, must have been during an early morning Mr Whippy session.

deadkenny
    Free Member

given it is not their land and they are not picking it up they are liable for a fine and can be taken to court if they refuse to pick it up. Get it on film and then send it to the council as well.

Only if it’s public land. If your lawn is private land, then it’s a matter of civil prosecution, I think.

Same would go for a cat I assume, which is a lot more common. Although they do tend to bury it, but not always, or they treat long grass as enough cover.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Same would go for a cat I assume,

There’s something about cats being free roaming animals, but it’s probably not that simple.

catfood
    Free Member

They treat short grass as **** cover an all I can tell ya.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Black widow catapult, 10mm steel ball bearings, stakeout.

Up to you whether you take out the owner or the dog.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Dogs crapping on our lawn’ is closed to new replies.