Dogs banned!

Home Forum Bike Forum Dogs banned!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Dogs banned!
  • grim168

Yep, and ban all mtbers ’cause some leave tubes and litter there too.

chuffnuts

I hate riding with dogs on the trails, they always get in the way. I haven’t seen an owner yet that’s able to correctly control their dog.

[Stock answers thread content]

[/Stock answers thread content]

Premier Icon jonundercover
    Subscriber

Tsk, trail centres, eh ?

seavers

[Stock answers thread content]

I hit a cat at Lee Quarry. It got messy and now I’m worried about feline AIDS.

I hit a cat at Lee Quarry. It got messy and now I’m worried about feline AIDS.

Don’t worry, you’ve got the good version of cat AIDS.

Hold on a minute…..You were on a 650b bike, weren’t you?

TuckerUK

Dogs banned? What am supposed to eat then?

Premier Icon terrahawk
    Subscriber

God. Again?

IanMunro

As long as they are made to wear helmets I don’t mind.

mokl

Which canine breed for bike park Wales?

toys19

this is nearly as lame as the mx’er making love to officer dibble on the trail thread. FFS share why can’t you. (although dogshit on trials really boils my piss)

I just cannot believe we haven’t discussed this before. It’s a bloody disgrace.

discoduck

Live and let Live !

who cares if dogs are on the trails ? I dont care that sometimes an over zelous Dad takes his Ankle Biter on the trails, As long as he’s riding his or even hers bike.
    We cant clean up after ourselves so why should we expect some one to pick up Bandits ? Its big out there, and its all a bit new, i’m sure the owners will get the message and itll settle down.

Until then cover your brakes, try HOPE’s theyre Modular dontcha know ! 😉

IanMunro

Boiled piss and dogshit. It’s the future of trail nutrition.

Dogs banned.

Edit;
    Outdazzled by dazzlingboy

wrecker

Trail Centres? You mean forest parks?

Kuco

I was a CyB the other month and a woman we caught up with had her golden retriever running with her. It was great watching the dog run, it kept looking back to see where she was and bounding along all happy. As soon as it was safe for us to pass she called the dog which went straight back to her and apologised if were held up.

Premier Icon mattbee
    Subscriber

I want to take my friend’s pet pig to a trailcentre for a ride. Well, me on a bike, the pig running along, not riding the pig. That would be daft…..

Kuco

Just think you can have fresh bacon after the ride as well.

toys19

Boiled piss and dogshit. It’s the future of trail nutrition

yummy

Premier Icon paladin
    Subscriber

Shoulda been riding a 29er……. It’d roll right over them no bother

Subscriber

Sorry but dogs shouldn’t be allowed at trail centres! a few about at bikepark on the weekend and there were some near misses, also a few present left on the trails.

Premier Icon somafunk
    Subscriber

I ride wi a dog pretty much every time i decide to ride my hummer, but then again i prefer to avoid the local mtb theme parks despite staying within 30 mins of Kirroughtree/Dalbeattie/Mabie etc. Rik of Drumlanrig fame and previously Mabie used to ride wi his dog “Stan” (rip) all the time and that was great as Stan was so enthusiastic to get out wi us on the bikes, Below is “Toby” looking out the window as we drive to Screel Hill nr to Castle Douglas, i don’t like riding wi other folk and avoid it like the plague but i will ride with a dog every time if possible, for me it just makes the outdoors that bit more enjoyable.

Toby usually leads the way on singletrack despite his short legs and if i wish to pass him i just freewheel so the Hope freehub spins up and he jumps off the track and lets me pass, then joins in behind me.

Here he is on top of Screel hill, egging me on to descend as he can take shortcuts and pass me where i have to stick to the path.

Dogs are great fun to ride with when out on a bike, would you feel the same about a beginner on an mtb holding you up or getting in your way at a trail centre? – if so then perhaps you should head elswhere, i agree about the dog landmines though, no excuse for leaving those lying around.

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

Damn straight. The last thing I need when out at a trail centre is a dog getting my way, leaping out at me and being all unpredictable while I’m trying to rape fluffy animals, shit in the trail and attack mountain bikers. Take some responsibility people!

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Can we ban people with Kids too, and those mincers on fully rigids claiming it’s still fun, and old people and fat people. They all get in my way.

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

And people who are less good than me, and also people who are much much better than me, and people who I just don’t like…

grum

Are people here really suggesting a DH trail centre is an appropriate place to take a dog? Really?

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

grum – Member – Quote
    Are people here really suggesting a DH trail centre is an appropriate place to take a dog? Really?

Personally I thought the OP was talking about all trail centres as he said

Sorry but dogs shouldn’t be allowed at trail centres! a few about at bikepark on the weekend

Why oh why do some people seem to think that just ONE thread is enough to contain this discussion. We must start another without delay.

wrecker

Not bikers no, but gethin woods is open to everybody. I thought we liked shared access?

PrinceJohn

Maybe the dog was on a Strava run?

I thought we liked shared access?

Im reporting this for sarcasm…

Subscriber

I have no problem with dogs on natural trails just trail centres, when they run into my front wheel on a DH trail that I’ve paid to ride its annoying to say the least! Come on Mr Sorrel please ban them !

All dogs at DH centres should have to wear one. Would that satisfy the OP?

Problem solved?

yorlin

I guess dogs at trail centres are a real… bone of contention.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Dogs banned!’ is closed to new replies.