Dogs at trail centres

Home Forum Bike Forum Dogs at trail centres

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Dogs at trail centres
  • soobalias

MTB trail centres. no dogs, no horses, not motorcrossers, no walkers. For their safety as well as ours. Much like mtbr’s riding the wrong way on single direction trails.

Dog eggs. I struggle to see how any dog owners can really get this wrong, but so many do.
    If you feel the need to bag it, bin it.
    If its on the path/trail and there is no legal obligation to clear it up, at least move it to the undergrowth.

Premier Icon funkynick
    Subscriber

Aaaaah, so is this no dogs, horses, walkers etc in the same way that it is no bikes on footpaths?

😀

Premier Icon smartay
    Subscriber

I always though of mountain biking as a break from the day to day life controlled by the HSE and the sensible police.I didn’t realise that lots of mtb’ers were undercover HSE agents!!

As long as the dog is under control, runs with you during the week I cant see a problem. If its risk management try golf

I think its called “live and let live”

soobalias

if you really think that smartay, why would you ride trail centres?

Premier Icon smartay
    Subscriber

I’ve been riding my local woods, sometimes with my dog, before it was a trail center!! Whilst cars whilsted past with bikes, on their way to mid wales.

Again it all comes down to if the dog is in control and the dog is suited to taking them with you for a ride.

Lets face it, there are some people who if you like have no “trail etiquette”, who also pull out in fromt of you because they’ve got to ride with their mates, go the wrong way round or decide to stop for a chat half way up a climb.

rant over

sheldona

I think my dog is actually better on the techy stuff than most of the ‘core trail center riders anyway so I don’t see the problem 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Dogs at trail centres’ is closed to new replies.