Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Dog walker / dark – rantette
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

In light of this thread (see what I did there?) perhaps light manufacturers should fit a potentiometer in the back of the light housing. This would allow us to quickly and easily wind down the output so we don’t ride around at night indiscriminately blowing the grids of those albinos / vampires off-road night-walkers.

letmetalktomark

If i was in the same situation walking my dogs and a rider with a gazzillion lumens of light said:

“put them on a ####ing lead and get yourself a torch.”

I would have used their light in the digging of a hole for their body and bike 😉

Jebus ….. some folk like time away from light polution.

wwaswas

Hijack: hi mark – did those forks turn up ok?

GrahamS

Jebus ….. some folk like time away from light polution.

And no one has yet explained how those folk successfully clean up after their dogs in the pitch dark…

falkirk-mark

my dog sometimes follows cyclists in the woods at night,the way she thumps after them they sometimes cr&p themselves. (Some are on here but will remain unnamed)

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Love dogs me, could’nt eat as full’un tho 😕

letmetalktomark

Cross hijack : yes apologies for the tardiness in letting you know – they had been at my next door neighbors for a few days as they had signed for them on my behalf 😡

Stripped, serviced (as they had no oil in at all! – Not your fault!) and ready to be put on the bike.

Many thanks – should be a good introduction to a longer travel fork. 😀

Lawmanmx – Member

Love dogs me, could’nt eat as full’un tho

I reckon you could manage a dachshund 😛

bigyinn
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member

Poor Troll.
    I see what you did there!

Woody
    Free Member

I had to stop and eventually ride across grass onto a footpath to avoid them.

Is there no end to the inconvience dogs cause mtb’ers? Did you have to change your tyres to suit the rad change in surface or just MTFU and use skilz? 8)

MrsToast
    Free Member

And no one has yet explained how those folk successfully clean up after their dogs in the pitch dark…

Awesome sense of smell?

terrahawk
    Free Member

I walk (run actually) my dog in the woods in the dark. I’ve got a headtorch.
    I don’t keep him on the lead. No plans to do so either (it makes me run a bit wonky).

Please don’t run over him, there’s a good chap.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Lick their fingers?

bigyinn
    Free Member

I dont think any normal person would intentionally ride over any dog, obviously that excludes some of the warriors on here. 🙄

rugbydick

I had a couple of thousand lumens going on

Didn’t the dog walker just vaporise in front of you with that much light?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Last night on the final approach to home I rode through a local country park. It was pitch black – no light overspill or anything. I had a couple of thousand lumens going on and this chump is walking three dogs in the dark with no light and I get a bollocking for riding near his dogs. “Watch the dog for chrissake” he shouted. I stopped and said – “put them on a ####ing lead and get yourself a torch.”

Was that a measured response given the situation?

If you can’t see a dog with 2000 lumens try doubling to 4000. Repeat until you can see dogs.

D0NK

Jesus some people get all emotive as soon as fwuffy lickle dogs/walking crap dispensers are mentioned eh.

I’d have shot the dogs/I’d have buried you
    calm down peeps.

Couple of weeks ago 2 of us rode passed a fella with his dog, no lights just him lay down on the trail (inline not across) chatting on his fone, his dog nearby. one of the stranger nightride moments.

techsmechs
    Free Member

Erm – If the OP cant see the dog walker, how would he know to ‘dip’ the light at whatever speed he going?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I have had a think & all I can come up with is this 2000 lumen light is a bit crap & needs a decent reflector & lens, I can ‘see’ that there is no other reason why someone travelling at 5mph couldn’t see a dog, black or otherwise, with that much light.

Oh and perhaps we should reintroduced the picture of Luke in full on 661 kit to indicate the power that the internet possesses.

Edric64
    Free Member

The flipside of such cheap bright lights seems to be cyclists are blinding everyone and then blaming everyone else for having an attitude.

If you want to see what I mean, next time when you are out with your mates with your mega bright lights, get them to ride towards you with there lights on full blast and yours switched off, and experience it from the other side.

These mega bright lights need a dip switch I have been blinded by them whilst driving more than once

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Dog walker / dark – rantette’ is closed to new replies.