• This topic has 63 replies, 48 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by chip.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Dog walker calls police after having a go at me
  • fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Possible the maddest and weirdest thing happened during yesterday’s bike ride,went out solo yesterday around local loop stopped at my normal halfway rest point,rest bike up against pole and sit down on low wall next to pole little Scotty dogs comes along and starts sniffing bike and then jumps up on bike,pulling bike over onto itself I jumped up picked up bike asap and dog jumps up runs off quick look around can’t see an owner round,next thing I know women standing in front of me shouting at me saying she wan’t my name and address as she’s taking her dog to the vets and if it hurt she’s sending me the bill as it was my bike that fell on it .
    Needless to say refused to give my name and address and that as her dog jumped up and pulled my bike over on itself don’t see how it’s my fault at this point she grabs my bike and says “i’ll keep this till the police arrive”needless to say snatched my bike back out of her grasp jumped onboard told her in board Anglo Saxson terms where she could go and cycle off she then lunged at me trying to stop me.
    Had only gone a few yards when bloke jumps out in front of me and grabs hold of my bars saying”saw that that’s assault that is” came close to thumping him but decide not to at this point women on the phone to police who turned up pretty quick copper has a chat with me I give my side of things has a quick chat with his mate comes back over to me and asks if I want entier of them done(attempted theft and assault) nope just stern talking to after that tells me free to go and nothing more should come of it and just think I was going to stay in and do housework 😯

imnotverygood

The dog’s been carefully trained. It’s a scam 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

You have been the victim of an elaborate scam.

Check your bank accounts and credit cards.

They will all be empty / maxed out 😉

dannyh
    Free Member

More likely just tossers. They’re everywhere, like the masons……………

faustus

Very bizarre, but at least you got the result you deserved, i’d have been pretty pissed off if it had turned out against you. Although nothing should have happended in the first place, apart from an apology from the nut job lady!

globalti
    Free Member

You shouldn’t have stopped. Get a road bike; roadies only stop at accredited stopping places like cafes.

rickt
    Free Member

flowerpower
    Free Member

Very wierd that the ‘scammers’ called the cops???

As above – what did they get out of it – your wallet or anything while you weren’t looking?

willjones
    Free Member

I think there must be something in the water at the moment. Currently on the receiving end of some equally astonishing and incredulous accusations off the back of a RTI that I was involved in, it is the common sense and rationality of the Police Force that seems to be keeping things heading in the right direction. Long may this prevail…

binners

The dog will have been a way to pay off its gambling debts

GJP
    Free Member

On a similar (or perhaps not too similar) note an old guy in waitrose accused me of damaging his bag of chestnuts yesterday because I placed the plastic divider too close to them on the conveyer belt at the till.

plyphon
    Free Member

Very wierd that the ‘scammers’ called the cops???

warton
    Free Member

proper LOL at GJP

I saw two men square up over the last bunch of Rosemary today. superb.

flowerpower
    Free Member

@ plyphon… ok, ok, I’m at work, its nearly Christmas, I’m really bored, give a girl a break…

At the very least give your stick woman a bit more hair…

chip
    Free Member

If it was a Scottish dog my money would be on drug debts not gambling.

You were lucky not to get stabbed as it was probably carrying a knife as well.

zbonty

Quality!
    Atleast you’re keeping us entertained.

nick1962
    Free Member

It’s deranged dog owning Daily Fail readers like that that are putting off hardworking Europeans from coming to the UK.

Speshpaul

yes madness, i would have asked the poice if i could have stayed to watch the bollocking.

a couple of weeks back i’m filling the car with juice when bump a car has reversed in to the front of mine. the driver gets out and starts!
    I’m standing next to my car with the keys in my pocket, petrol pump in my hand and she is trying to make out that its my fault!
    If thats not bad enough some other woman walks up and joins in with “i saw the whole thing!” Backing the woman who had hit my car.
    I really did think i was on candid camera. Which made me think about the CCTV.

andybrad

Tbh dog owners are really getting on my wick at the moment. Just the other day I was cycling along the route 66 cycle path when I came across a couple with their dog. I slowed down to a crawl as they were both walking abreast and the dog off the lead. As they walked past the dog jumped under my bike. I slammed on the anchors to avoid hurting it and unfortunately swore. I then got abuse from the owners for not watching for their dog that was off its lead. I kindly asked them to put it on the lead which they got even more abusive and I had to ride off.

I get this every bloody time I go out with dog off the lead. Am I being unreasonable to ask them to keep their dog under control? Not sure how to deal with situations such as that. Any suggestions?

BillOddie

Am I being unreasonable to ask them to keep their dog under control?

Nope!

Not sure how to deal with situations such as that. Any suggestions?

Learn to bunnyhop and keep riding, or ride a 29er, they roll over everything up to Collie size!

nick1962
    Free Member

Not sure how to deal with situations such as that. Any suggestions?

n+1

wiggles
    Free Member

What a C***!
    Some right nut jobs around…

robhughes
    Free Member

There everywhere.They are honestly.Just look around you and one will be lurking,waiting to give you some absurd grief.
    There like rats as in your never a few feet from one.
    This is why i love stw… 😆

christhetall
    Free Member

But was the dog alright ?

slimjim78
    Free Member

an old guy in waitrose accused me of damaging his bag of chestnuts yesterday because I placed the plastic divider too close to them on the conveyer belt at the till.

Post of the month!

slimjim78
    Free Member

a couple of weeks back i’m filling the car with juice when bump car has reversed in to the front of mine. the driver gets out and starts!
    I’m standing next to my car with the keys in my pocket, petrol pump in my hand and she is trying to make out that its my fault!
    If thats not bad enough some other woman walks up and joins in with “i saw the whole thing!” Backing the woman who had hit my car.

Fascinating! what were her grounds for your misdemeanour?

I was reverse parking in a quiet one way side street last week, indicating, using mirrors , plenty of gap etc.. as I start to head backwards and into the space a car gradually approaches, heading up behind me at a slow – but relentless pace… threatening to block my progress. My head is turned behind me at this point to see the lady driving said car is not only holding a fag in her ‘driving hand’ but also looking down into the iphone/etc thats got her complete attention in her other hand.. all the while creeping towards me.

Just before point of impact (im at a complete stop waiting to make eye contact with her) – she looks up, slams on her brakes and goes mental at me.
    Eventually she reverses back enough for me to complete my park, pulls up beside me and continues to go batty. The only response from me is the ‘point at eyes and point ahead/use your eyes’ signal.

Cue wheelspin and full speed exit from ‘lady’.
    So on balance, its clearly my fault for wanting to park on a road that she wanted to drive down without actually physically looking ahead.

Passer by witnessed the whole thing and was sympathetic to say the least.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

We had a head on collision between two cars outside our house the other week, really must be something in the air at the moment.

tacopowell
    Free Member

I almost relish meeting these people,
    If they’re genuine in their beliefs you can only be entertained by this sort of craziness!

I would have thrown some craziness back at them, Dropped some Christmas singing or Some Carlton style dancing, Those Daily Mail types get easily freaked out.

Great post!

project
    Free Member

old dememented woman screamed at me yesterday, on shared use path,DONT YOU HAVE A BELL ON THAT THING, my cheery reply was, im hoping to get one for christmas, she was not amused.

Last year in a tesco, a few women just standing blocking the isle, man just rams his trolley into theirs sending them shooting down the isle,like snooker, they just looked absolutely shocked someone had bashed their trollies.

also last year 2 cars trying to reverse into 2 spaces seperated by 2 bollards and raised kerb,both hit the bollards at the same time, boughton park, near british aerospace for people who know the area.

Something about christmas sets people off on one.

slimjim78
    Free Member

If they’re genuine in their beliefs you can only be entertained by this sort of craziness!

Whilst I 100% agree with this sentiment, unforutnately the red mist decends on me far too quickly and I begin to lose the ability to enjoy the occasion.

I did once witness a lady going absolutely mad at a Tesco shelf stacker though, and was fully able to stand back and enjoy the poor lad take a barrage of abuse for seemingly no apparent reason, at which point she shouted at full volume:

”you’ll get whats coming to you mate! It’s called KORMA!!”

She was so angry whilst declaring that his curry was immenent that I just lost the plot and metaphorically wet myself on the spot.
    I wasnt the only one laughing.

onehundredthidiot

Standing in shopping queue yesterday with 4 items, people behind me with basket. Guy pops his head round stupidly big christmas advert and looking at me says “this till is free fella”, cue couple behind scurrying for the space. Guy at till creased himself when I opined that “that’s the most excercise you’ve had for ages”.

Ah, good will to all.

slimjim78
    Free Member

/\ good work fella.

Queing with humans is not something I find pleasant at the best of times.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

😆

wiggles
    Free Member

That is the best thing I have ever heard

walla24
    Free Member

im hoping to get one for christmas

LOL

thanks il be using this

tacopowell
    Free Member

Love it!

scandal42
    Free Member

I am angry and laughing at the same time reading this.

Some people are simply astounding.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Did see the beginning of the telling off that the women got she was ranting at the copper who was talking to her he raised his hand in a talk to the hand style to get her to stop then as I rode off there was a lot of stern face and a bit of finger wagging from him at her very satisfying

Not a good scam as I’ve got three kids so no money in my bank account this close to crimbo 😀

Speshpaul

Slimjim
    “Fascinating! what were her grounds for your misdemeanour?”

Apparently “the world would be a better place without people like you”

I ask her if that was a death threat and went in to pay for my fuel.
    when i came out she went postal again as it was my (****ing)fault she had filled her petrol car with diesel.
    she wouldn’t give me any details so i photo’d her (telling me to…) and the car reg, and requested a copy of the CCTV. Went home and called the police.

coatesy
    Free Member

Used to be a well known insurance scam, reverse into stationary vehicle, “witness” appears to say you drove into them, claim for whiplash etc., and split the proceeds between themselves. Doubtful in this case if it’s under CCTV surveillance, but they may just be stupid enough to try it, especially if they’re stupid enough to put the wrong fuel in their car.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Dog walker calls police after having a go at me’ is closed to new replies.