Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Dog shit megathread*
  • martinhutch

but will also prompt the neighbours to open the door.

At which point you can launch MOAT (Mother of All Turds) straight into the scum bunker.

jimjam
    Free Member

DezB – Member

Seriously, why don’t you just block any gaps so they can’t come through?

Because I have hedge, stone wall, barbed wire fence and wooden fence and to sure up if that’s the case. It’s not practical.

I didn’t mention in the op but the man who lives there doesn’t technically own the dog. The lady who lives with him bought the house with her ex husband, and shortly after they moved out to the country their marriage hit the rocks. From what I can gather they were both paramedics and they seemed to use drink to cope with the stress of the job. Anyway the dog is apparently owned by either her ex husband who no longer lives there, or her adult son who no longer lives there. Both are apparently nasty pieces of work.

I’m not intimidated in the slightest by that but I’m also somewhat wary of maybe getting into any kind of acrimony which might lead to violence. I’d rather hit the dog in the arse with a ball bearing than strangle the owner.

Anyway thanks for all the suggestions, paint ball gun and even more likely catapult would seem to be the order of the day. Might mess around with catapulting paintballs filled with chilli sauce or something similar.

wilburt
    Free Member

Given the additional information I’d suggest you put a lead on it and ring the RSPCA.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Do they have the RSPCA in Ireland?

jimjam
    Free Member

wilburt – Member

Given the additional information I’d suggest you put a lead on it and ring the RSPCA.

It’s a large aggressive dog which has been reported to the police multiple times. No thanks.

perchypanther – Member

Do they have the RSPCA in Ireland?

ISPCA. Same as the RSPCA but they charge you more.

maccruiskeen

It’s a large aggressive dog which has been reported to the police multiple times. No thanks.

The council is probably a more appropriate point of call, the police would only get involved if the council or their agent is being obstructed.

Under the Control of Dogs Act 1986, as amended by the Control of Dogs (Amendment) Act 1992, local authorities are responsible for the control of dogs. They have the power to appoint dog wardens, provide dog shelters, seize dogs, impose on-the-spot fines and take court proceedings against owners.

Dogs should be licensed but if the ‘owner’ is absent then maybe this dog isn’t. Simply by being unaccompanied when its shitting in your garden the dog would qualify as ‘Stray’ within the definition in the link above.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Do they have the Control of Dogs Act 1986, as amended by the Control of Dogs (Amendment) Act 1992 in Ireland?

maccruiskeen

Do they have the Control of Dogs Act 1986, as amended by the Control of Dogs (Amendment) Act 1992 in Ireland?

thats a link to irish legislation

dannybgoode

This one’s easy to solve…

perchypanther
    Free Member

Oh, I would have thought it would have been the Control of Dags Act 1986, as amended by the Control of Dags (Amendment) Act 1992 😉

jimjam
    Free Member

maccruiskeen – Member

Dogs should be licensed but if the ‘owner’ is absent then maybe this dog isn’t. Simply by being unaccompanied when its shitting in your garden the dog would qualify as ‘Stray’ within the definition in the link above.

Thanks for the link and the info maccruiskeen. I’ve spoken the the gards a few times about it but funny enough they didn’t mention that. They can be quite laid back in many respects compared to your typical uk police force. Anyway I’d prefer to avoid any kind of long drawn out litigious process so ball bearing in the arse might be the answer.

I’m a dog lover myself and it brings me no pleasure to harm an animal but once they become a nuisance I view them no differently from any other animal.

perchypanther – Member

Oh, I would have thought it would have been the Control of Dags Act 1986, as amended by the Control of Dags (Amendment) Act 1992

Reported for racism.

smell_it
    Free Member

I have zero interest in dogs, and even less in the ****’s that own them.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Ooh. Now that just got silly. Pissed are we?

smell_it
    Free Member

No, I just don’t really get the whole pet owning thing. Someone would probably have to tell me if dog’s stopped existing, as I just have no interest. If people love ’em, that’s all good. I’m pretty sure some people don’t get I love to ride bikes. I don’t expect people to give a stuff that I like riding bikes. But dog owners IME seem to care if I like dogs or not.

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Dog shit megathread*’ is closed to new replies.