• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dog Proof fence – short term – 1 week
  • hillsplease

Forumites –

I have a dog for a week, a woeful hedge and neighbours who won’t be thrilled if fido poops in their pristine garden, which is fair and proper.

I need a short term fence to contain the scatologically inclined canine. Before I plough off to Wickes for a big roll of chicken wire – any recommendations or suggestions please? They’re not going on holiday, I have asked!

Cheers

Paul

anagallis_arvensis

I have used a plastic chiken wite type stuff before, a lot cheaper and easier to put up. Chiken wire is surprisingly expensive.

hillsplease

aha – where does that come from please?

wwaswas

Peg in the middle of the lawn and a lead attached that won’t let the dog out the garden?

martinhutch

That orange barrier mesh fencing should do the trick, unless he’s a determined little blighter.

Can buy it by the roll at builders merchants and online.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

What breed is it? Some dogs are born escapologists and you’ll be wasting your time trying to keep him in.

Jamie
    Free Member

Time to get serious…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5rHtY_ixj8[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

illsplease – Member

aha – where does that come from please?

B&q or any garden centre

neilwheel
    Free Member

It’s a lot of work to make a dog proof fence for a week.

As above,

Corkscrew ground anchor and a length of chain and/or rope depending on dog/breed.

Fix it where there is both sun, shade and rain cover with water bowl.

Then move anything that it can get hung up on out of the way.

oldnick

A running line and a short leash off that, just make sure Mutley can’t hang himself.

maccruiskeen

A running line and a short leash off that, just make sure Mutley can’t hang himself.

We used to do the same sort of thing when we had a dog that would happily launch itself over any height of fence – a rope running end to end of the garden at washing line height threaded through a long lead.

hillsplease

Brill – thanks all. I quite fancy a fence type thing. Perhaps I should get out more …..

maccruiskeen

Perhaps I should get out more …..

A fence will prevent you from do that. If you want to get out more then what you need is a gate. 🙂

hillsplease

Boom boom! He’s right you know….

andyl
    Free Member

Roll of green chicken wire and some heavy duty canes or bulk broom handles from Toolstation. Wont look too ugly and should be cheap enough.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dog Proof fence – short term – 1 week’ is closed to new replies.