Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • dog insurance 12 yr old spaniel
  • burko73

my dog insurance from Tesco has gone up by £500/ yr this yr. this is robbery. they just rely on me not checking/ going with the auto renew.

we keep getting caught out as we usually are on holiday abroad in the camper when the letter comes in/ the policy renews.

this yr we’re here and I need to do something about it.

she’s 12, been spayed. had a mastectomy in the past due to some mammary lumps. but is otherwise fit for a 12 yr old dog.

what to do? something tells me that I should just save the same amount as last yrs monthly premium and put it in the bank or a cash ISA.

are there other companies that do competitive cover for old dogs…?

yankeedoodle
    Free Member

well I dont think you should sell her…….

ThePilot
    Free Member

Lifetime Pet Cover.

Insured my 11 year terrier with them as they were the only ones I could find to offer whole of life cover. She’s 13 now and they have paid out a few thousand for claims. Think I pay about £40pcm for £6k worth of cover.

runbrecon
    Free Member

It always frustrates me that I pay more to insure my dog than my house. But personally always thought it worth it given the potential cost of treatment. I use PetPlan currently and service has been good and give lifetime cover for illnesses. The devil is definitely in the detail with these policies.

dovebiker

We sadly had our 12 year-old choccy lab, Darcey PTS last week after the discovery of a large, inoperable tumor.  We stopped paying insurance premiums for our dogs and put the money into premium bonds about 10 years ago – we have £8,000, which more than covers the vet bills, cremation costs plus a new puppy.

burko73

doh. I didn’t notice that.

any chance the mods could move it?

grovel grovel…

mariner
    Free Member

Colour?

Size?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘dog insurance 12 yr old spaniel’ is closed to new replies.