Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Dog down, coping strategies for kids (and adults)…
  • desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Condolences to the OP.
    I honestly think kids cope better than adults with the loss of a dog. I remember being very sad when we lost our family dog back in the day, but I don’t remember the feeling lasting for YEARS!
    I’m pretty sure my son is over our dog going a few years ago, but I’m not. Constantly have memories of her and where we used to walk. Every time I see a photo, I well up.
    Best coping strategy I had was making a video, compiled of all the clips of the dog I had from various cameras and phones. My lad’s in most of the clips, as a nipper acting the loon and it’s so funny the tears are of laughter when I watch it back.

Drac

I just looked for photos and now I’m bawling again

My phone popped up with a memories of pets since spring 2021. I was a mess as I seen just how much Jake aged in that year and his final weeks how unwell he was looking, especially the last few days.

Cougar

He was such a big part of my life for such a long time that

I think this is what people without pets don’t understand. One could argue “it’s just a cat” (or dog or iguana or stick insect or what have you) but we got our girl when I was 12 and she lived to be 18. She was a soul mate to a nerdy kid with few friends. You don’t just shrug that off overnight.

If someone said “it’s only a baby, you can have another” they’d sound like a psychopath.

I really should hoover up in here.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bfw

Without going into too much detail we have just found out what was up with our 13 year old BC. Supervet helped us diagnose she has a heart problem so she is off today for a five day trip to have a Pacemaker fitted. Long story but so pleased its nothing like a brain tumour like everyone was saying except us.

rockhopper70

I’ve just brought flo home. Makes it very final, and real. Took her outside into the garden with me for my 11 o’clock brew that she would always remind me of.

Thanks all for the comments, damn dogs get under your skin and into your heart, and we were so blessed to have had an absolute belter of a dog.

Rest in peace Flo,

Sandwich

Maybe stick the ashes in a spot close to your brew place and drink with her for the rest of your time in the house.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts