Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Doethie valley question
  • sofaking
    Free Member

a little while a go someone put up some information about part of the route not being rideable any more, but I cant seem to find the tread, can anyone help out ?

Ambrose

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/brechfa-weekend-route-recommendations-please-with-the-current-trail-closures

Re: Doethie.

The Nantllwyd bridleway into the Doethie valley is without a doubt one of the most stunning views in the area, dropping down the eastern slope of the valley about half way down. However there may be issues with the new landowner who is having renovations done to the farm at Nantllwyd. The usual way of accessing the bridleway was to cycle up the farm drive, however this is not all bridleway, only the section closest to the farm is. I have ridden here for years and have not yet been able to find the BW (not that I have looked very hard). GoogleEarth shows the northern BW leading to the farm very clearly, the southern one is not apparant at all.

Friends rode there last week and found locked gates impassable for horses and were advised by workmen at the farm that they were not allowed to use the farm drive any longer. All problems have been reported to the local rights of way officer in Ceredigion Council.

If riding Doethie, at the moment it might be advisable to use Llyn Brianne- Forest- Soar Y Mynydd chapel- Youth Hostel- Doethie- Troed Rhiw- Llyn Brianne. In other words the longer route.

sofaking
    Free Member

cheers Ambrose

thepurist

Holy thread resurrection!

If the weather holds I may well give the Doethie Valley a go next week – any update on the access issues mentioned above?

Dyffers
    Free Member

We did it in January. Went through said farm and there was nobody about, so we carried on through the gate and up the bridleway without any bother.

I can see the problem in that there’s a very clear way up to his property, and after his property, and pretty much no other way to join the two. But it’s mud track through a farmyard; it’s not like you’re riding through his flower garden FFS.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Doethie valley question’ is closed to new replies.