Does this look suspicious to anyone else?

Home Forum Bike Forum Does this look suspicious to anyone else?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Does this look suspicious to anyone else?
  • Premier Icon diablocableguy
    Subscriber

Be very very surprised if they weren’t nicked tbh.

Junkyard

well one does say
    Comes with original purchase receipt

all same /similiar size, newish but different years, good spelling, cash saves a lot over 5 sales I imagine

not sure tbh

nealglover

I reckon just the fact that he can spell, and he knows what they all actually are (and what year) makes it not that suspicious.

Most of the obviously dodgy stuff is incorrectly, or badly described, and very vague.

(edit) – does seem odd that they are all for sale at the same time, but all the pictures are taken in different locations.
    Whenever I sell multiple items of the same type, I always get set up and do all the photos in the same place.

bigbloke

Agree with above regards pics, bit weird.

seavers

The person has NO feedback, all first time sales. totally dodgy.

seavers

Plus every description says the same thing. I would report to FEEbay if I still used the crooks.

ebay listing

Fella had one road bike for sale earlier today and now has 4 more and a Brompton for sale. Cash on collection, 24 hour auction, no feedback.

What d’ya reckon, dodgy or perfectly reasonable explanation?

If i were selling multiple items i would take pics at the same time and location usually.

That was one of the things that struck me about the listings, but then as junkyard said one of the bikes comes with a receipt which would be quite a coup if it were dodgy.

Just seems a bit weird.

That just about sums it up for me.

All auctions been removed this morning.

Premier Icon psling
    Subscriber

seavers – Member
    The person has NO feedback, all first time sales. totally dodgy.

Didn’t see this listing but on a more general basis, surely a first time seller by definition would have nil feedback – why would this make them ‘dodgy’.

Of course, may be a banker who desperately needs to sell all his kit due to lack of bonuses… 😯

Nicknoxx

All auctions been removed this morning.

No, they’ve ended. Listings for completed auctions all still there.

Conan257

Purely for those interested, you can view completed items…

Here!

No, they’ve ended. Listings for completed auctions all still there.

Sort of. 3 of those listed in Conan257’s link weren’t there when I looked last night but there are also a few that were listed and are now missing. I definitely remember there being a Boardman, a Planet-X and a Brompton.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Does this look suspicious to anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.