• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Does this glentress thing have a name?
  • Northwind

Halfway inbetween the Bitch and the Wormhole on the left, fairly obvious trailhead turning into a load of not at all obvious fall-lines of much steepness, plummets straight down the hill to the ponds just after the end of the Admiral… (just after post 35) Rode it today and I think I might have ruptured my a******e from puckering too tight :mrgreen:

coogan
    Free Member

Can’t remember the name, it used to start a lot further up, up near Ewok Village I think. Start was more fun and the last section is pretty much straight down. Think it was an old DH track?

Northwind

Aye, that’s the one. Possibly used to be the A Line? Didn’t look like it’d been ridden much at all lately.

Garry_Lager

I don’t know – it’s a good (and v steep as you say) piece though. You can ride it from higher up as well – it starts a couple of fire roads above.
    Only drawback is that you’re sort of at the bottom of the trail system after it, so unless you fancy cycling back up it can be a quick end to the ride.

There’s not too many of these sort of trails at Glentress istm – very different to Innerleithen were they’re everywhere.

radoggair
    Free Member

think alot of the further up ones have been forestry commissoned closed off. The last ones still open, which is the really steep one. When it was all open they were fantastic.

From old ewok village a track is in need of building to take you to the bottom which would be immense

Diane
    Free Member

Yeah loads of that stuff has been trashed 🙁

mrplow
    Free Member

Used to start above ewok which was the best bit. Trashed now 🙁

doug_basqueMTB.com

The top bit was brilliant. That bit you describe is great too, there’s one bit where it’s steepest and you have to thread the bike between a stump and a tree. Then a really steep bank down to the pond. We used to call it A-Line. Happy memories.

Northwind

Aye, that’s the bit where I achieved maximum pucker I think. I want to stop but I can’t!

Still, not sure I’ll ride it often, loses so much height so fast, but it’s another way down.

richmtb

Judging by efforts last week I’m going to name it “Sore arm followed by much walking”

iain1775
    Free Member

Yeah saw that first time I went to gt but never ridden it, looked very steep and straight though
    Secrets And lies is the best ‘off piste’ I’ve ridden at gt, awesome work has gone on that trail

jedi

broon troot is my fave there

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Does this glentress thing have a name?’ is closed to new replies.