Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Does this exist: a small solid combination safe / box
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Hi all, I thought i’d ask the hive mind on this as i’m stumped.

I’m after a small weatherproof safe that is accessible via a non digital combination lock or lockable using a combination padlock.

Similar in size to:
    https://www.viking-direct.co.uk/en/office-depot-cash-box-blue-7-4-x-20-4-x-15-cm-p-4049870
    but must be far more robust and sturdy.

Any links to such items would be much appreciated.

Cougar

If your criteria are small, cheap, and not shit, I’d be surprised if it did exist.

What’s the use case, what are you wanting to do with it?

simon_g

Peli, B&W or similar robust plastic case? Then a padlock to fit. https://thedebugstore.com/products/b-w-type-500-rugged-waterproof-case?variant=39877639340221

poly
    Free Member

Watch “the Lockpicking Lawyer” and you’ll never buy a lock ever again!  Seriously virtually no lock will keep someone out either with skills or brute force.  Depending what you mean by weatherproof perhaps look at firesafes rather than cash boxes?  Depending how big you want then perhaps key safe (the sort used by AirBnBs and Elderly with carers etc) but none of those are very secure.

dyna-ti

Bigger than you want, but this is a great idea – a wooden drinks safe. Wooden gears operate a locking mechanism.

(Best design award – Chippendale school of furniture making)

qwerty
    Free Member

Something like the Peli 1120 case is a good shout.

Yes, I appreciate that anything can be broken open if enough force is used, a flimsy cheap cash box won’t cut it, a more robust safe is more suitable.

I’ll check out B&W, some of the mechanics tool wars type boxes are a good call, any others????

Cougar

Again,

What’s the use case, what are you wanting to do with it?

The world’s most secure lockbox is of little use if someone can pick it up and walk off with it, for instance. Is that a concern?

qwerty
    Free Member

They may be wall mounted or freestanding, that’s not the issue.

More importantly is a stout box, lockable via a combination lock for shared access.

Contents irreverent.

piemonster

Contents irreverent.

That’s my sort of content…

footflaps

Watch “the Lockpicking Lawyer” and you’ll never buy a lock ever again!

How many people, who can actually pick a lock, don’t have a proper day job (that isn’t burglary)?

peekay

If you can’t find what you are looking for with a combination lock, why not get something that suits your needs with a key lock, and fix the key to a bit of string/SWR attached to the inside of a Masterlock combination key safe which is then bolted to your lockable box.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Do you have a thief at work and are you asking for a safe lunchbox?

squirrelking
    Free Member

They may be wall mounted or freestanding, that’s not the issue.

More importantly is a stout box, lockable via a combination lock for shared access.

Contents irreverent.

box

plus

lock

😕

Seriously though, those requirements are vague at best, you can’t seriously expect good answers.

For a tooblox sized thing then a Peli case or a Lomo cheap knockoff would be my go to, they vary in size from a phone to proper flight case. Just need a decent padlock which rules out a combination unless it’s just to keep honest folk honest.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.