Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Does this bag exist?
  • yoshimi

Waterproof tote/bucket bag that closes at the top

Partitioned into dry/wet

Big enought to fit wet riding kit, shoes and Camelbak

Prefer tote style rather than dufel/holdall style

Thanks

munrobiker
    Free Member

Wet/dry holdalls are pretty common in the world of sailing, but the only ones I’ve seen are big (75l size) since sailing kit’s so bulky.

I’ve had one of these for about 20 years now.

Walrus wet/dry holdall

snotrag

https://www.montrosebag.com/product/offshore-kit-bag-large/

Montrose Rope and Sail co, made in Scotland. I have a few bits of theirs and its all superb.

Reckon that one linked would do the trick – its simialr to the version I use as my kit bag (or the stinking bag of doom as its known in our household).

midlifecrashes

Sounds like you want a beach bag! Plenty around similar to this.

yoshimi

Thanks all – the sailing style bags are a good idea…just that whole general watersports side – should have been obvious to look at really

Beach bag is another good shout

All seem reasonaly priced too

Going to delve into sizes and see what I can come up with – cheers again, put me in the right direction now

iainc
    Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

C monsta have launched something like that recently. Not cheap mind…

joshvegas
    Free Member

Those Montrose bags look great for general out and abouting

yoshimi

I’ll be honest, I’ve already had way more replies to this thread than expected:)

I was expecting to be told just to use an ikea bag (as I always have done)

We’ve just got another camper and doing the fun part of deciding where everything lives – previous camper taught me less is more…I found continually unpacking and packing things a pain, a neatly packed up van became a car boot sale within 2 mins of parking up.

So with regard to hiking/biking kit I’ve decided that a waterproof bag each that live in the main camper area when driving and in passenger footwell (seat slides to give me some usable room) would be better than trying to do something clever with drawers and sliders etc – finish the ride, dump shoes, pads, camelback, wet clothes in there (separate from spare dry riding clothes), stick in footwell out of the way, job jobbed!

I really like the Montrose ones but could almost do with a 75/25 split rather than 50/50

The C Monsta is a very close to what I had in mind but again the compartment split isn’t optimal

I like that Thule bag but again not quite right.

The Evoc Gear Backpack 60/90 look promising but maybe too bulky

The whole beach bag idea got me looking at wetsuit buckets with roll top, like a bucket-drybag

Again, thanks all

Bags eh!?

munrobiker
    Free Member

The one I posted is sort of a bag in a bag in one compartment made of very flexible fabric – you can fill 100% of the total volume of the bag in a single compartment, so it doesn’t have a fixed split ratio if that helps.

yoshimi

^^That is helpful thanks as I couldn’t find any good pics showing the inside, plus those side pockets look like they take some dry kit too – and £22

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.