Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • does the turmoil in Calais affect European post?
  • alpin
    Free Member

waiting for several items to arrive from Germany. am i being impatient or are the French to blame?

spooky_b329

Almost certainly, it’ll come over by road rather that air freight I’d have thought. Blame the french, and if it was by Air, they’ve got the traffic control strikes well rehearsed as well!

ElShalimo

Is most freight going by ferry or by Channel Tunnel?
    How badly is the tunnel affected?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MSP

More likely to be DHL strikes.

scandal42
    Free Member

Bollocks, waiting for a Bike24 delivery

*hang on, how come bollocks is allowed?

alpin
    Free Member

Shot and bullocks.

Now waiting on three items that I need to have here within the next 5 days.

What is it with the French? Why do we not bill them for the disruption caused to the UK economy?

They really are bunch of whiney shoulder shrugging gits.

I’m not buying anything French in protest. Italian wine for me. I’m not buying any fuel on the way back to Germany either.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I need to have here within the next 5 days.

In that case in answer to your question you are “being impatient”.

They really are bunch of whiney shoulder shrugging gits.

Unlike you who never complains about anything apart from non-white generic Europeans, religion, the French, and waiting for items to be delivered ?

EDIT : 😉

alpin
    Free Member

exactly my point, ernie! 😉 probably taking so long because of all those people who start each sentence with a qualifying remark about what they believe in as if that gives them a voice that deserves to be heard above all others.

besides, have been waiting on two items since the 5h of July.

Tracey

My stuff ordered from Alltricks on Monday afternoon has arrived at the office this morning.

alltricks
    Free Member

Cheers Tracey! You prove that not all French are bunch of whiney shoulder shrugging gits 😉
    Actually you ordered your stuff on Tuesday afternoon.
    Alpin, if you need your items within the next 5 days, maybe we can help ? 😉

Tracey

That’s fine,been sorting stuff out for our Alps trip next week.
    Will consider you in the future but its going to take a lot to win me back to the French. Three month delay on our Chausson camper, got it last week, no answer to emails and no explanation as to why a five month order dragged into nearly nine months.
    It was CRC and Startcycles I ordered from on Monday.

onewheelgood

I ordered something from Germany last week and was told there was a postal strike over there and my order would be delayed.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Our parts at work have been very hit and miss over the last few weeks(German forklift company) lorries being turned back or sent miles out of the way to get to the parts hub(Hamburg to Leyland)were now having urgent parts air freighted which as you can imagine isn’t cheap

andytherocketeer

post will be airmail (unless someone puts a too low value stamp on it).

seen the dhl guys emptying the post boxes, but I’ve only had one bit of mail this week.

bike24 have been known to be a bike slack processing order but then dp-dhl (the equivalent of normal royal mail, not courier) get stuff from Dresden to Frankfurt for delivery the next morning, usually.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘does the turmoil in Calais affect European post?’ is closed to new replies.