Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • does the fixie thing know no bounds?
  • rOcKeTdOg

oh dear

naokfreek
    Free Member

It’s getting worse in london……some truely vile examples about…

miketually
    Free Member

That’s rather tasteful and restrained compared to many. And it looks way better than the average full sus MTB.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

valve/tire logo not quite lined up

fake wood rims = tries to hard

JoeNation
    Free Member

What about real wood rims, are they cool yet? (I know where to get them if anyone wants some, pretty sure they do 26″ ones too)

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

miketually – Member
    And it looks way better than the average full sus MTB.

Excuse me? That’s obviously a matter of opinion but yours clearly doesnt matter on account of you being sick in the head and dare I say it, quite camp.

sofatester
    Free Member

The chavs single speed!

You’ve got to love the Burbury saddle and bollock pad!

the-nasher
    Free Member

the wood doesn’t match table and picture frames?

binners

I saw one the other day where everything had been anodised blue, including the frame. It looked **** awful!!!!

Nob-jockeys!!!!

ourmaninthenorth

Ooh, get you gnargnar…!

Nice colour. Frame would make a decent track bike. Oh, I forgot, these are for playing at riding track bikes….

Actually, apart from the Ronseal rims, and the gingham saddle cover, it’s all right as these things go.

finbar
    Free Member

S’not Burberry, it’s a houndstooth check.

sofatester
    Free Member

Sorry, i stand corrected!

Still look like a pile of smurf poo though.

miketually
    Free Member

When did thinking fixies look better than fs bikes make someone quite camp?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

comes as a fixed wheel option too i believe

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

miketually – Member
    When did thinking fixies look better than fs bikes make someone quite camp?

About 5 minutes ago when you stated that the abomination above looked better than most full sussers.

grumm
    Free Member

Quite like it apart from the Burberry.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Where can you get Fake wood effect paint jobs from?! Could look amazing if done well!

Surfr
    Free Member

Definitely looks better than a full susser.

PJ266
    Free Member

i like it? apart from the fake wood stuff, plain black would be better.

MrAgreeable

xc-steve, I suspect that it’s actually some kind of sticky backed plastic – have a look for Fablon or equivalent at your local DIY place. Wheels might be a bit fiddly but I’ve done my hack bike frame with it and it actually works pretty well – wears well, wipes clean and is cheaper than a decent paint job.

MrAgreeable

By the way, BikeSnobNYC has already torn the above bike to pieces in a most amusing fashion:

http://velocitynation.com/content/equipment/2007/interbike-07-bike-snob-nyc-edition

chakaping
    Free Member

I think it’s quite nice to look at.

J0N
    Free Member

The bike is off the shelf fixie, cant remember the manufacturer.
    and The rims are Velocity

ackie
    Free Member

On the other hand the more ridiculous the better…

I spotted these in Tokyo earlier this month.

petesam
    Free Member

ah well, if you’re never actually going to ride it anyway, you may as well go all out and make it part of the furniture: good sturdy wooden construction, padded houndstooth cheque upholstery, a brake to stop it sliding around when you knock it with the hoover. sensible

petesam
    Free Member

the difference is, those two probably get nailed round a track by a couple of kamikaze keirin riders…i doubt mr burberry will care for such activities. Also those ones look pretty cool i reckon!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Saw one of those Felt things in Evans t’other day. The frame is a nice colour (almost the same as my road bike!), but the pads are truly nasty. The h/bar is about 31.8mm in diameter along it’s entire length, which is weird, and limits you to the Cane Creek Crosstops b/levers.

So, the pads and saddle are nasty, the h/bar could be changed for a better, regular set-up, and I don’t like the gold coloured hubs. The standard rims are black, I think, not those horrid things. And it’s not a fixie; the stock one comes with a freeewheel, and brakes.

So, not a bad bike, really.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘does the fixie thing know no bounds?’ is closed to new replies.