Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Does the Canyon Neuron come set up tubeless?
  • merk
    Free Member

Hi,

New subscriber and first time poster here so please go easy on me.

I’ve just ordered a Canyon Neuron CF 9.0. After comparing new bikes for months, I finally bit the bullet. However, it isn’t clear if the DT Swiss XM 1501 rims are fully set up to run tubeless out of the box.

Does anyone know?

I’m assuming they should come with the valves at the very least and my E1900 for my other bike also came pretaped. Canyon’s website is strangely silent on the issue.

Thanks

nickdavies

They never come tubeless because of shipping, but they will come taped with valves in the box.

Tubes off, fit valves, add sealant and your golden.

Good bike choice👍🏻

merk
    Free Member

Thanks. Good to know. I’ve had mixed results setting up from scratch in the past.

Looking forward to the bike arriving in May. Thankfully, I have plenty of good (and Covid sensible) riding options from my front door.

ampthill

My cf 8.0 didn’t come with tubes and valves. We’ll I haven’t found them yet. I assume it has tubes in

But on the plus side I like the bike

danny1979
    Free Member

Hi, as nickdavies says they come with the rims taped, tubeless ready tyres and a set of tubeless valves. I have recently bought the Neuron CF 9,0 SL and I whipped the tubes out and put some sealant in before I rode it for the 1st time. It set up tubeless really easily with the Maxis Forecasters. It’s a brilliant bike, you’ll love it.

merk
    Free Member

Thanks. I’ve read conflicting reports on the valves. Canyon customer support finally got back to me to say that valves weren’t included but plenty of people seem to get them.

I’ve just received my UPS tracking number so not long until I find out.

How do you find the Forecasters? I’ve been thinking about swapping them for my Vittoria Barzos from my hardtail.

ampthill

The riding from the door is quite xc (as am I). Well lots is gravel.

So far they’ve been great. They roll well and grip is fine. They grip like they look like they should, but role better?

I was thinking that in the longer term they are a rear. So maybe I’ll put a Ardent on the front. At least they aren’t a base OEM version.

There is space round the rear tyre but you ain’t going much bigger without clearance getting silly

What sort of riding are people doing on their Neurons. Mine seems amazing but as the old FS was 11 years old

Enjoy your knew bike

merk
    Free Member

I’ll give the Forecasters a chance but like you I suspect that there might be better options up front.

This will be my first full suspension bike. I deliberately picked a bike with geometry that wasn’t too much of a departure from my hardtails as I’ll be riding the same trails. I just wanted more comfort and a little more capability downhill. The Neuron seemed like the sweet spot.

ampthill

I hadn’t seen this before I ordered. Mines a cf 8.0. never thought I’d have a bike this posh

nice video review of the cf 9.0 sl

merk
    Free Member

I think I’ve watched every YouTube video of the Neuron 10 times! Guy Kesteven is definitely a fan. He should have a new video up soon of the Neuron 9.0 SLX.

roballison

It’s definitely a bike I’m considering. The days of dreaming about having a full on enduro bike a fading into the distance!

martinhutch

How do you find the Forecasters?

Decent enough and reasonably fast rolling. More of an XC and hardpack tyre though. Worth giving a go unless you are going to be riding particularly aggressively or on very loose surfaces.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Does the Canyon Neuron come set up tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.