Does putting your tele on the wall just your neck?

Home Forum Chat Forum Does putting your tele on the wall just your neck?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Does putting your tele on the wall just your neck?
  • Premier Icon johnhe
    Subscriber

If I mount my tv on the wall about chest height in a small room, will it induce neck/back pain to watch it? Anyone had any problems with tvs mounted higher up?

Premier Icon midlifecrashes
    Subscriber

Depends on the leg length of your chair/sofa really. Maybe you stand to watch, like when the queen is on?

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Ours is chest height. I find it easier to watch, don’t have to tilt my head down as much. But there is really very little in it.

There are advantages – when the kids are playing in the middle of the room, or when stuff has been left there, we can all still see. Also we now have a big beanbag, and you can lounge on it in the middle of the room and the person lounging on the couch can still see.

Edukator

Nice reclining armchair and sofa here, chest height seems about right.

Premier Icon andyha
    Subscriber

The centre line of our TV is eye level when sitting on the sofa, works for me

Premier Icon joat
    Subscriber

I think eyes are most relaxed in a horizontal position, so your neck may be fine if it’s supported but your eyes may start to ache.

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

Ours is on a good old fashioned corner unit, about 950mm eye C/L to screen C/L.

TV’s on the wall up too high make it look like a Turf Accountants.

MarkLG

The most natural position is to have your eyes roughly level with the centre of the screen. If you have to look upwards at screen all the time it isn’t going to be comfortable.

Premier Icon breadcrumb
    Subscriber

I think it depends how far away you sit too. I’d guess the bottom of our tv is at eye level when seated and I’ve not had any neck or eye pain, I’m about 5m away.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Unless your head can lean back slightly.

The bottom of the screen is level with my eyes as I sit here, and I am 4m away so it’s hardly noticeable looking up. Plus if I rest my head back in a natural position it’s fine anyway.

My parents have their telly on a tv stand and I have to look down at it all the time, I hate it. Plus the plant on the coffee table is always in the way.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Does putting your tele on the wall just your neck?’ is closed to new replies.