Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Does Glasgow Grand Central Hotel take bikes?
  • slowpuncheur
    Free Member

As above. Staying there for a couple of nights and wondered if any folk on here knew if they had secure bike storage somewhere. It’s next to the Station – what’s the crack if I need to leave it locked up in there? Asking for trouble?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Phone and ask, I’m sure they’d accommodate you. It’s a big station, so has bike lockers too, worst case you could use those?.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I emailed them before asking here but they’re slow. At least there are lockers. Ta

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Or take your bike into dales cycles, about 17.29, and ask if they can index the gears, and you’ll pick it up in the morning.

🙂

avdave2

It has a real warren of passages down below where the loading bay is. You may be able to lock it down there.They’ve been very helpful when I’ve worked there, its just a shame the get in with loads of kit and a set is a nightmare.

Gary_M
    Free Member

It has a real warren of passages down below where the loading bay is. You may be able to lock it down there.They’ve been very helpful when I’ve worked there

Yeh I worked there about 20 years ago for a couple of years doing maintenance. If its still the same layout there’s nowhere to store a bike in reception really, only a very small left luggage room although that might be empty of luggage overnight.

There’s a huge basement with loads of rooms, one long passage with loads of rooms off it, but when I worked there there wasn’t any locks on any of the doors so wouldn’t be very secure. Wonder if the top two floors are still unused, I used to do emergency light checks up there and it creeped me out.

andyl
    Free Member

get one of those bike sized clear bags and take the bike up to your room?

mcj78
    Free Member

There’s a pic in the hallway of Roy Rodgers & Trigger the horse in there – if they don’t let you in with a bike i’d start shouting… or smuggle it in semi dismantled in a big random bag.

There are elevated bike rack things in the station itself – not sure about bike lockers but I wouldn’t fancy leaving anything of value there just in case, probably would be fine though – they’re tucked away from the main area at the last platform.

nick1962
    Free Member

I was paying for a hotel room I would expect to be able to take in my luggage!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Nick, my thoughts exactly. Boardin Bob, thank you. You are a gent.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Does Glasgow Grand Central Hotel take bikes?’ is closed to new replies.