• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Does Argos sell sub-standard electrical goods?
  • globalti
    Free Member

Just taken back an Acer laptop, which we bought at Argos. Quite soon we spotted a shadow on the screen so we sent it back to Acer who supposedly fixed it but when it came back yesterday the screen was a mass of ziggy zaggy lines. So took it back this morning and got a refund. Last year the very same thing happened to Mrs Gti when she bought an ASUS laptop at Argos. Could it be that Argos get the second-best goods? Or have we just been unlucky?

jam-bo

Or you are buying cheap laptops?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Argos are discount retailer, most of the stuff they sell is he same as the stuff every other place sells, but sometimes they sell stuff made exclusively for them which I wouldn’t bet would be great.

Ironically Acer sell cheaper stuff and had a reputation for selling crap until recently, whereas ASUS are known for their high end stuff.

rugbydick

At least Argos didn’t throw it over your side gate.

Or did they?

DezB
    Free Member

Last kettle I bought from them actually exploded! Was a decent enough brand, but was a cheap kettle. They replaced it, but maybe there’s a theme…

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve just been today, and all the self checkout machines were going so slow they were unusable.
    Gave up in the end.
    So they buy substandard electrical goods too

BigJohn

Was a decent enough brand, but was a cheap kettle

Yes, we’ve been playing kettle tennis with them too. Is there such a thing as a decent enough brand these days? Or have respected names like Morphy Richards, Russell Hobbs, Hotpoint, etc. just started surfing their reputation by flogging us shoddy goods at higher prices?

mattyfez

Just have to be aware of what you are buying, acer do a lot of bottom end laptops, a retailer like argos just punts them on.

I needed a cheap USB WiFi dongle recently amd argos was local and cheaper than pc world for an equivalent card.. In fact pc world sales rep asked me why I didn’t order online before coming into the shop. Freaks.

If I didn’t need the part there and then I would have ordered it from a proper pc part company online anyway.

DezB
    Free Member

Substandard!? Look what I found on there! Genius!

captmorgan
    Free Member

How is that genius, two slices, one egg. That’s a epic fail!

DezB
    Free Member

You can do beans in it too..?

Poopscoop

Cant remember the last time I bought anything from Argos?

Used to be the go-to shop but everywhere else is usually cheaper/ in stock/ less hassle to buy.

That’s said, they do the same Chinese manufactured stuff as anyone else.

The dearer brands just usually have better QC than parts as such in my experience.

seosamh77
    Free Member

where does the bacon go? canny have eggs without bacon!

Notter
    Free Member

Is that a Haribo egg in that pic?! The yolk looks way out of proportion!

DrP

Friends of ours have that egg toaster thing…
    They love it!!

DrP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Does Argos sell sub-standard electrical goods?’ is closed to new replies.