Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Does anyone remember the chat about very narrow car seats?
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

As I recall a chap commented that he wanted to squeeze 3 kids into a very nice (fast) Alfa Romeo and ended up with Volvo (?) car seats?

The car I will be squeezing RRR1,2 & 3 into won’t be very nice at all but space is a major issue..

Ta

slowol

If you mean the ones for 4 to 11 year olds then Graco was about the narrowest we could find. We fitted 3 across the back of a fiesta. Britax in the middle (that one had no arms but bigger wings) and Graco either side (would need to check the new ones as they were bought from toys r us so a while ago). Both still fine to use though.

northshoreniall

https://www.multimac.com/home
    Something like this was discussed too wasn’t it?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scruffythefirst
    Free Member

Just buy an s-max or galaxy if you’ve got 3 kids, and although not “nice” they’re pretty good.

neilnevill
    Free Member

3 across an octy, and 3 across the wifes i10. Eldest is in the middle on a my brundle booster with no back, it’s not got the ridiculous big flared sides that most have so is narrow. The ones either side were from Asda I’ll check tomorrow which it is but again they are narrower than most. It does take a few minutes of push and shove to get belts fastened, but the kids are comfy once in.

hot_fiat

That would be me. Volvo make these (the bottom ones).

We squeeze an 8, 7 and a 4 yr old in. We do have a VW caravelle as well, so it’s not something we use 5-up all the time, but it’s workable. Actually it’s better than that as nobody whinges if we take the Giulia on a trip out.

Prior to Z using a seat and the eldest not needing one, she was in a rear facing britax Isize Pearl thing behind the passenger seat, then E and H were both on the boosters. That was trickier and you had to squint to say it was workable.

noSMaxHereThanksVeryMuch

neilnevill
    Free Member

The two high back ones I use are harmony by George at Asda, and are narrower than most, and in the middle a mychild brundle. Kids are nearly 7, nearly 5 and just 2.

hot_fiat

Multimacs were an option, but they’re SO expensive. Also, woe betide you should you wish to pop the unit out to quickly run to the tip, or heaven forbid dop the seats to put a bike in.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Hot_fiat – ah thanks. I couldn’t see a price on the site – have you a ball park figure?

We (stupidly perhaps) bought massive (but apparently very safe) Cybex seats for mini RRR1 and 2. Since mini RRR3’s appearance in November we’ve struggled more than a bit.

We’re currently struggling even more as my Mundano died and we’ve been squeezed into an Astra which is neither fun nor safe. As I’m about to start work after a mid life crisis of being a manky student, funds are tight but new seats a lot cheaper than a different car.

I used to have a couple of vaguely “fun” bimmers so am desperately hoping that we don’t have to go all Ford Galaxy about it when I do have some money (would much rather have a 5 series or something if there was a safe option that didn’t involve a £2k multimac!)

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

(Sprogs are 8, 6 and 8 months (smallest in click in baby seat soon to be in the spinny cybex )

hot_fiat

They are £225

I like the idea of a multimac, I don’t like the implementation which seems a bit a-level-CDT-project-somehow-makes-production. I also read an ADAC article which questioned their side impact protection, though they never actually got to (or perhaps were allowed Google translate was bit ambiguous ) to test it.

Where abouts are you?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

^^ thanks

Yes I’m not too sure about the multimac either.

I’m in between chesterfield and Sheffield

intheborders
    Free Member

I’m in between chesterfield and Sheffield

Average then, somewhere between obese and 6-pack? 🙂

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

^^ worryingly accurate (but then I’m a middle aged mountain biker with kids)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.