Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Does anyone other than Chainreaction do tubeless disc wheels for less than £300?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Chainreaction do a selection of sub-£300 Prime tubeless disc wheels but none are in stock. Does anyone else do tubeless disc wheels at less than £300?

Stoner
    Free Member

superstarcomponents wheels are perfectly good IMO

http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/tech-4-tubeless-ready-wheelset-ex23.htm

cloudnine
    Free Member

700c? Road, CX, etc?

bigbloke
    Free Member

tredz have hope hoop sets just over £340 but also have an offer of £40 off over £250 spend until tomorrow making them £300

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Yep, sorry, 700c. Its for a cross bike but will mostly (probably wholly) be used on road, plus I’m fairly light so doesn’t need to be overbuilt.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Who would have thought I’d need to specify “road” on a mountain bike forum 😳 😉

scaredypants

have you tried 29er mtb wheelsets (narower-rimmed/racier ones)

cheers_drive

Aren’t the Kinesis ones about that much?

vinnyeh

Superstar Disc Road Wheels

Both the Stans Grail and Pacenti SL25 are tubeless ready. 30% off with code BF16 brings them in way under budget.

cloudnine
    Free Member

http://www.probikekit.co.uk/bicycle-wheels/kinesis-crosslight-cx-disc-hd-clincher-wheelset-black-shimano/11192091.html

Keep an eye out for more discount vouchers tomorrow for these.. plus theres usually 5% cashback on TCB too. Dont get the kinesis V3 crosslights with the alloy nipples.. in fact make sure any wheelset you buy doesnt have alloy nipples if using through the winter

househusband

Does anyone other than Chainreaction do tubeless disc wheels for less than £300?

DT Swiss R24 Spline DB at Tweeks, circa £210 for the wheelset:

http://www.tweekscycles.com/components/road-bike-wheels/dt-swiss-r24-spline-disc-brake-wheels

I’ve put a few hundred kilometres on mine since getting them and they’ve put up with 15st on my Sequoia over some not so smooth track and trail. Went up and stayed up tubeless with 32mm Panaracer Gravel King SK’s.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Not going to buy Kinesis ever again. Its a Crosslight wheel I need to replace. The alloy nipples are like cheese and have all started to crack or shear.

piemonster

Aksium Discs any use? Picked my pair up for £126 in a sale.

Not really cross admittedly

jimdubleyou

I use Aksiums on my cross bike for road use (& I weigh considerably more than most people) – they are perfectly fine unless you want to start jumping off kerbs etc.

Even then, Mavic might well warranty them if you manage to break them (they did mine).

Not tubeless specific rims, but I have taped mine before and they hold up well.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Bit cheeky, but I’ve just dropped you a line, mtbtomo – I’ve swapped the ones off my 2017 Defy out and they’ve got very few miles on them if you’re at all interested (and they’re well under budget too). Cheers 🙂

boxelder

Is it not possible to change the nipples to brass?

RustyNissanPrairie

Im in the same market as the OP – my finger has hovered over the buy now button a few times for the Hunt Gravel/4 season wheels as for the money I dont think they can be beaten – ~1630g weight with brass nipples and with spline to 6 bolt brake adaptors included.

However the Pacenti/Superstar wheels listed below are seriously tempting me with the BF16 30% discount. Dont know what the spoke count is though?

Superstar Disc Road Wheels

Both the Stans Grail and Pacenti SL25 are tubeless ready. 30% off with code BF16 brings them in way under budget.

RustyNissanPrairie

^ looks like the Superstar wheels are 32h – thats all they have available in the custom wheel configurator.

According to the Cycleclinic – expect the wheels to weigh circa 1740g when built with Novatec hubs

http://thecycleclinic.co.uk/products/handbuilt-pacenti-sl25-disc-brake-road-cx-wheelset-with-or-without-tubeless-tyres

cloudnine
    Free Member

If you do this straight away yes. If you wait until theyve all seized up.. yes.. but you’ll be replacing most of the spokes too as you wont be able to get them off. This is also speaking from experience of the crappy kinesis nipples

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone other than Chainreaction do tubeless disc wheels for less than £300?’ is closed to new replies.