Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Does anyone on here have BT vision?
    Free Member

If so, what are your thoughts?

While I shudder at the thought of lining the pockets of this awful company (in reference to their shonky 21CN)…

thanks,
    Jonathan

RaglanSurf
    Free Member

It’s pretty good most of the time, it’s reasonably cheap and the ability to record a whole series like Sky is really useful.

MrNutt
    Free Member

We’ve got it and its soon to be binned!

its slow, freezes occasionally, the tv guide thends to fail now and then, the pay per view films have a very annoying tendency to stop working after 30mins, the box needs to be continually reset/search for channels and you need to be with BT who are, with out a doubt one of the most abhorrent ISP’s available.

Oh and would you be happy for BT to monitor your viewing habits?

get yourself a descent ISP and a freeview PVR and then subscribe to lovefilm, use the likes of Hulu, plex and torrents for anything else.

Its a low rent PVR at best, don’t bother!

Soup
    Free Member

Mine has been excellent. Series record and all the channels I need. Reckon it’s good for the money.

MikeG

I’ve had one for about a year now and I’m quite pleased with it, I’ve never used the on demand bit though as my broadband isn’t quite fast enough for it. I think you need a minimum of 2.5k and I only get 1.8 – 2 (I used to get nearer 3k until BT ‘upgraded’ some of the wiring in the village but thats another story)

Picture quality through scart is pretty poor, HDMI is much better, the internal scaler is really rather good.

The one thing that really annoys though is that BT will update the firmware automatically and you can’t opt out. The last one added a 5min buffer to the end of recordings which is a great idea but the stupid thing wont ignore it if you’re recording two programmes one after the other on one channel and something on another channel, instead of doing what all other PVR’s do and record the two consecutive programmes without the buffer on the first one the Vision box gives a recording conflict and you have to delve into the record settings to set it to finish on time.

Apparently it’s easy to change the 160gb disk for a larger one and I’m going to do this soon.

If you’ve not got $ky or Virgin cable and you’ve got BT Broadband I’d get one, but don’t pay extra for any of the veiwing packs their not worth it IMO

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone on here have BT vision?’ is closed to new replies.