Does anyone make a Roller s/s tensioner that fits with one bolt?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Does anyone make a Roller s/s tensioner that fits with one bolt?
  • mk1fan

But that fits with one bolt, like the Jockey Wheel type.

Put a Superstar Roller type one on the Mongbred last month after the Jockey Wheel one exploded and as weird as this sounds it feels so much better.

I ask because I want to swap the Jockey Wheel one on the Alfine'd Stiffee for a Roller one but two bolt ones can't be used with the anti-turn washers of the Alfine hub.

neilnevill

surly singulator?

mk1fan

The Surly Singulators I've seen are a jockey wheel not a roller.

Surely you could get a replacement roller and bastardise it onto a jockey wheel type.

mk1fan

Well, that's what I'm thinking at the moment. Just need to find a suitably sized bush sleeve.

I may just buy another SSC item as they seem to be the same price as the spare rollers.

rohloff. its ace, but rather pricey…

mk1fan

I'll check out Rohloff item.

I took apart the broken tensioner yesterday and fixed the spring. I then looked at the Jockey wheel mounting and I think it should be a case of just fitting the roller over the jockey wheel bush.

I'll see if my lbs has a roller in stock.

mk1fan

I couldn't find any details about the Rohloff tensioner on their website.

I've got a Rohloff tensioner and it works well.
    I'm sure they weren't £65 when I bought mine though. 😯

mk1fan

Again that's uses jockey wheels not rollers.

sorry, mis read what you wanted.

ime though the jockey wheel type are superior to the rollers in terms of smoothness and noise.
    i may have been spoilt by the rohloff one though.

mine came with a rohloff, although i doubt i'd actually pay 65 quid for one…

mk1fan

Right, I've ordered a new roller type tensioner from SSC and it's been despatched so should have it early next week. Two minutes to strip the roller and fit it to the modded tensioner and then I'll pop it on the bike.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone make a Roller s/s tensioner that fits with one bolt?’ is closed to new replies.