• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Does anyone make a floor stand for fat tyres?
  • sharkattack

I’m looking for a simple floor stand that I can use in the garage and the back of the van. Ideally something simple with no moving parts that I can bolt down to a sheet of ply.

Something like this;

The problem is I’ve just looked through hundreds of them and I can’t find any that accommodate fat tyres. Everything I’ve found is 47 or 55mm wide. I need something that will work with the mud tyres on the DH bike.

Surely there’s something out there. What do bike shops use? I’m not a fan of the big, heavy, spring loaded ones. I need something with a bit of side support for when I’m pulling G’s on the B roads 😉

Any ideas?

scotroutes

Pop down to the plumbing section of B&Q and knock yourself out.

or

sharkattack

I thought of those but will it grab a 20mm axle?

And yes, I doubt there’s a DIY stand on Google images that I haven’t already checked out. I want something a little less hideous.

I’m not above crafting one from scratch but I’ll have to wait until the back yard warms up a bit.

rumple
    Free Member

T1000
    Free Member

if you take your front Wheel out you could use a minoura excel vergo (replace any of the standard fork mounts using a bit of 28mm od /20mm id ali tube from flea bay and a selection of hope pro 2 front Wheel inserts any combo of axle dia / lenght is possible I’ve made inserts for 135mm 9mm axles and 15mm as well)

there are adapters that work with the Thule one as well

honourablegeorge

sharkattack – Member
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/x-tools-metal-bike-display-stand/rp-prod122327
    I thought of those but will it grab a 20mm axle?

Holds the rear axlw, rather than the fork

akira

Saris mighty mite,fat bike tyre goes in the gaps.

sharkattack

Just discovered this;

Sealey Wheel Chock

At 95mm wide it should swallow anything. With a couple of bungee cords over the top of the wheel it should be alright. Cheap enough to grab a couple and see how I get on.

tomhoward

At 95mm wide it should swallow anything

apart from 4″+ tyres 😉

sharkattack

apart from 4″+ tyres

Which I will never own.

I hope the thread title didn’t give anyone the impression that I have an actual FatbikeTM!

My Muddy Mary’s are as fat as it gets round here.

DickBarton

Turn a dining room chair upside down, should be enough girth to hold a fat tyre in and also double as a fashion stand…much like the bike. 😉

stevenk4563
    Free Member

One of these then make new holes wherever you want the uprights to be.

JoeG
    Free Member
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone make a floor stand for fat tyres?’ is closed to new replies.