Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Does anyone know what I did with my lights when the clocks changed in spring?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

Getting soul-destroyingly close to that time of year again when lights are required to negotiate the mean streets on my commute. Problem is I removed my lights back in the spring and can’t remember where I put them for “safekeeping”.

Every year. EVERY year this happens. I really need to use a system but it’s always done in haste and I’m a disorganised tool. So if anyone knows what I did with them, give’s a shout!

jekkyl

They’re in that drawer full of random stuff that you’ve already looked in 3 times.

jam-bo

i found mine in the drawer of spare lightbulbs, batteries and candles. I can sort of see the wife-logic.

fortunately it was just after I bought some shiny new ones.

cookeaa

I know mine are at the bottom of the under-stairs cupboard in a “Bag for life” jumbled up with various chargers and other cables and devices that my missus didn’t recognize and hence filed under
    “Don’t know or give a shit and can’t remember where I put them So don’t bloody ask!!”

I shall be excavating the cupboard of doom this weekend as part of my preparations to move stuff back into my partly renovated Garage… Which she now also has designs on. 🙄

AlexSimon

They’ll be in the first place you looked, but didn’t look hard enough

andytherocketeer

It’ll be somewhere “safe”.

Lost my LED torch once. Blamed ex-flatmate for borrowing it. Found it the following August in that little pocket thing in my tent the next time I used it. I never put stuff in that little pocket thing!

MussEd
    Free Member

Knew I wouldn’t be the only one…

andytherocketeer

Of course the lights will turn up, and then it’ll be the charger that’ll be somewhere else “safe”

JohnnyPanic

I’m really sorry to say this (I’m really not) but I know exactly where mine are – in the parts bin with various other old dead lights & batteries and bike bits. Exactly where I put them in Spring.

And yes, I’ve checked 🙂

andytherocketeer

Saying that, I know exactly where my lights and charger etc. are, since I used them camping last week in headtorch mode.

No doubt it’ll be the bar and helmet mount that I put somewhere for safekeeping.

MussEd
    Free Member

Oh the charger is in the charger department of a kitchen cupboard, why I didn’t put the lights in there too, I’m can’t say…

Deveron53
    Free Member

I think mine need resoldering (again). Cheapo Chinese stuff (flippin bright tho!)

RustyMac

Have you checked behind the sofa?

slowjo
    Free Member

It isn’t the lights or the chargers I’m worried about….it is the mounts!

lunge

The mounts will be in the bottom of your tools box with a pair of v-brake levers, an old shifter display, half a reel of bar tape and a bottle cage.

The light will be in the drawer with your spring/autumn clothing, you know, behind the yellow gillet and the arm warmers.

scaredypants

Every year. EVERY year this happens

well, then – where were they the last few times ?

/wife mode

digga
    Free Member

In the loft with the breadmaker.

toby1

Old ice-cream tub on the top shelf in the garage, will be a spider waiting just inside the lip of the box too – so be careful when lifting it down from the shelf (avoiding girly screams and yelps as you feel spider legs under your fingers).

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Are you sure you didn’t sell them on eBay, and had planned to buy something brighter for the forthcoming winter ?!

dknwhy

In that gap behind the letterbox.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Mine never left the bike. Slightly smug but at the same time ashamed that I had so little faith in summer.

jools182
    Free Member

I bought another charger after convincing myself I’d lost the original

Then I found it, in the wardrobe, naturally

joshvegas
    Free Member

I can’t help but I bet you saw them last week and thought to yourself “i must remember where they are” or “thats a stupid place to leave them”

j450n
    Free Member

You deffo put them back in their box, and put them on top of the wardrobe, at the back, so know one can find em.

stumpyjon

Mine are in the metal organiser marked lights with all the mounts, chargers etc in their own compartment. The box is next to the others marked drivetrain and brakes in the bike cupboard in the garage above the toolbox just for bike tools. I may have a little problem.

Bregante

scaredypants – Member

Every year. EVERY year this happens

well, then – where were they the last few times ?
    /wife mode

POSTED 5 HOURS AGO # REPORT-[/quote]
    Now you see this. This is so accurate I actually heard my wife’s voice saying that as I read the post. 🙂

obadiah
    Free Member

Around 8 months ago, Mrs O put her foot down – she was adamant that if I wanted to bike our local country roads I must get F&R Knog blinders (the expensive ones) not so bad, as she insisted on paying for them provided I promised to always use them.
    When the first decent roadie weather arrived I spent an entire beautifully sunny day looking for those damn lights, couldn’t find them anywhere, so guiltily, I ordered another set which arrived on the day I found the originals, attached to a USB hub, hiding in the spare room.
    Kept them in a pink plastic tub marked “lights” ever since and I can’t find the new unopened replacement set to send back to Wiggle for refund.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

This doesn’t happen to me. Even on the summer equinox my group was running lights.

julioflo
    Free Member

On a similar subject, still looking for my Exposure Diablo I managed to loose last winter while out running. Gutted and my mind still boggles. If anyone around Buckfastleigh and Holne has found one, it could be mine…..

lunge

I must confess, I too have a dedicated lights basket. I also have a dedicated charging tin which said lights sit in when being charged up. This all sits above my 3 drawer winter accessory holder (hats and arm/knee warmers, gloves, overshoes).

MussEd
    Free Member

I know there will have been more than a few folk feverishly awaiting a happy ending to this sorry saga, and HERE IT IS! All lights, mounts and chargers accounted for…please note rear lights have been fitted this afternoon In advance of impending gloom…

Let there be light…

stevied
    Free Member

where were they?

roger_mellie

Yeah, stop being a tease!

MussEd
    Free Member

Oh aye, I meant to include that….hope light and charger were in a cupboard beside old broadband routers and USB cables… head torch and charger were in glove box of the car…rear lights and mounts were in a Tesco for life bag in the shed with some dirty gear I’d forgotten about…organised? no, but I’m prepared to be illuminated again at least!

prawny

I’ll have to sort mine out. I was gutted to find out that this morning it was the first morning of the winter that it was too dark to get a lap in before work. Sad times.

Someone wake me up when it’s May.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

I love threads like this one, real and funny.

Sadly, I’m your antithesis when it comes to lights. They are in an old Rab stuff-sac, within my (small green) ‘electrickery’ stacker box in the garage.

Sadly, and this extends only to bike related regalia! WRT other admin tasks of minor import, such as self-asst tax ‘Must do’ and speeding fine processing, I’m as organised as the weather………..which, ironically can be organised……….apparently??

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone know what I did with my lights when the clocks changed in spring?’ is closed to new replies.