Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Does anyone else take their helmet off uphill?
  • GW
    Free Member

oliverd1981 – Member
    sounds like GW needs a new XC lid.

sounds like you might be a baldy 😉
    HTF can wearing a hot sweaty lid ever be more comfortable than not wearing none?

proteus
    Free Member

If we’re honest, the bigger issue here is the use of a full face helmet at GT.
    Can’t be too careful, you might trip over your mound of body armour in the car park.

ivnickkate
    Free Member

proteus, munrobiker, i’ll take the bait. The helmet is a met parachute, so i’m apparently increasing my risk. No other body armour involved.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jameso

I find a good defense against ‘should you be..’ or ‘you shouldn’t do … ‘ etc type commments from ‘helpful’ types -usually grumps on foot but not always-

is a really loud, forced / exaggerated Pirate impression. Maybe with added crazy-eyes. It silences people every time. So far. If it avoids a debate and is as stupid as the opening question, ‘everyone’s a winner, matey’

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

‘Away and take yer face for a shite’

Would have been an ideal response, in hindsight.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

You should have whipped it out of your pants and said, “I am wearing a helmet, you helmet!”

forzafkawi
    Free Member

On long climbs (>10 mins) I take mine off on and off road because I sweat like the proverbial when the temperature is above about 15 degrees. My sweatband gets saturated and the sweat then just drips in my eyes, so better to take it off I think.

hainman
    Free Member

i was at glentress in the summer,took my helmet off for the climb as it was boiling hot and was climbing a bit that kinda zig zagged going up to the top and chain slipped i fell of down the hill and landed on my helmet on my camelbac,so in a strange way my helmet stopped me banging my naper on the trail…

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone else take their helmet off uphill?’ is closed to new replies.