Does anyone else sell Hope rotors?

Home Forum Bike Forum Does anyone else sell Hope rotors?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Does anyone else sell Hope rotors?
  • Conan257

Contact hope themselves if you’re happy paying RRP…

patriotpro

Contacted Hope a bit back and they just referred me to the local dealer.

I would rather not pay rrp which was £26.99 iirr…

Premier Icon ratherbeintobago
    Subscriber

I would rather not pay rrp which was £26.99 iirr…

This is the problem with buying stuff with non-standard/proprietory parts (says the Cannondale owner). AM4/XC3 discs are particularly niche so (unless your LBS is willing to do you a discount) it will be RRP or RRP, I think.

patriotpro

The AM4-arm compatible type…

Premier Icon jambalaya
    Subscriber

Hope will have an agreement not to sell direct in order to support their dealer network.

My LBS has a reward scheme so I get my discount that way. Support your LBS, I mean how much are you trying to save, the Government’s taking £5 of the £26 plus the shop has to pay for premesis, not that much left for the LBS and for Hope.

patriotpro

This is the problem with buying stuff with non-standard/proprietory parts (says the Cannondale owner). AM4/XC3 discs are particularly niche so (unless your LBS is willing to do you a discount) it will be RRP or RRP, I think.

I kind of glossed over the proprietary bit and associated issues with after-market supply when I bought them 😳

My LBS has a reward scheme so I get my discount that way. Support your LBS, I mean how much are you trying to save, the Government’s taking £5 of the £26 plus the shop has to pay for premesis, not that much left for the LBS and for Hope.

Agree with you mate, it’s not the small portion that goes to the LBS that i’m trying to avoid tho…

The rotor is slightly out of true so rubs ever so slightly but due to my OCD it gets on my wick.

I think i’ll put up with for the time being and do my bit for the LBS when i do come to buy one.

Agree with you mate, it’s not the small portion that goes to the LBS that i’m trying to avoid tho…

Which bit is it that you’re trying to avoid then? the shop makes 3x more for taking it out of a packet and putting a price tag on it, than Hope do for designing, manufacturing and distributing….

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

The rotor is slightly out of true so rubs ever so slightly but due to my OCD it gets on my wick.

They aren’t difficult to true up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone else sell Hope rotors?’ is closed to new replies.